PDA

View Full Version : "Vote History Audit"

MNeagle
5th November 2012, 06:28 PM
"Mail" from Americans for Limited Government

Sealed postcard sent to me, listing my Vote History Audit. Address, if voted in '04, '08, '12': "Pending"

What's odd, other than never getting 1 of these, is it listed 6 other 'neighbors' (w/in a few blocks of my home), & all their info too!!

wowzer, I was floored.

freespirit
5th November 2012, 08:44 PM
after reading this i saw an explanation for it on monday night's colbert report...

some jooish author named sasha rosenberg was saying it is part of a non-partisan plan to shame you into getting out and voting.

Errosion Of Accord
6th November 2012, 08:04 AM
WTF happened to the secret ballot?

MNeagle
6th November 2012, 08:16 AM
It doesn't list how you voted, just whether or not you did participate in the '04 or '08 election.

Libertytree
6th November 2012, 08:17 AM
I got one today and I can't help but think it's a gigantic waste of money. The other thing I noticed is that they will be sending one out after the election today as an update.

MNeagle
6th November 2012, 08:20 AM
I'm curious LT, didn't you recently move? So which 'neighbors' were listed, your current addy or a previous one?

thx.

Libertytree
6th November 2012, 08:25 AM
Yes I did MN, it's all current neighbors.

mamboni
6th November 2012, 08:55 AM
People would vote if they wanted to and cared. If the state has to gaod them into voting, it is an indictment of the political process. Most people don't give a damn because elections don't matter much: same crappy corrupt bureaucrats and talking heads no matter how one votes.