PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom. Knowledge. Joy. Aspiring to teach with wisdom so that the acquisition of kn

steel_ag
8th November 2012, 05:57 PM
Source: http://wisdomknowledgejoy.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-point-is-to-put-puzzle-together.html

Wisdom. Knowledge. Joy.

Aspiring to teach with wisdom so that the acquisition of knowledge might be with joy.

The Point is to Put the Puzzle Together!

Wooden block puzzles are a a great learning activity. Like all toys, my kids are more likely to pull them out to play with them if they can see them, thus the classic clear plastic storage box. Originally, we stored the puzzles with the pieces in the board. After a while, I noticed that my kids seemed to think that the point of the puzzles was to take all the pieces out. I decided to try storing the pieces separately from the puzzles. Sure enough, they became interested in putting the puzzles together rather than pulling them apart! When it's time to clean up, each set of pieces goes in it's own sealed freezer bag, so it will be easy to find the next time. Put boards and bags in the box, and everything is neatly stored until next time!