PDA

View Full Version : recent acct deletions & a SirGonzo "I love you all" thread Combo

sirgonzo420
8th November 2012, 08:42 PM
See?

I told ya that retrograde Mercury is a bitch!

http://www.ismercuryretrograde.com/ (http://www.ismercuryinretrograde.com/)

Note to all: Don't go leaving this place, dammit. >:( ??? :-[

We've got a good thing going here and it's a shame to let it wither on the vine. Don't let emotions and temporary, transient issues cause you to delete your account. The internet might not be around forever, at least not in its current form - we should appreciate each other and the time we are able to spend discussing the things we discuss, from the incredibly important to trivial matters, with plenty of divergent digressions along the way.

Go spend all day in any given Wal-Mart and try to have the discussions that we have here and see how long it takes before you either pull your hair out or get locked up.

I love you all. You all are some of the greatest people with which I've ever had the pleasure of being acquainted.

This is how I feel whenever someone is banned/acct deleted: O:[##]

madfranks
8th November 2012, 09:04 PM
Don't let emotions and temporary, transient issues cause you to delete your account

Words of wisdom. If anyone here thinks things are too out of control at the moment, take a break and come back in a few days.

MNeagle
9th November 2012, 08:56 AM
bump!!!

General of Darkness
9th November 2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z99iVXJ8OtA

JohnQPublic
9th November 2012, 09:20 AM
That is why we always try and give a cool off period. 60-70% of the time the individual changes their mind. Even when they go through with the deletion, they often come back under a different name. Save yourself the trouble, and don't lose all your history. Just leave for a while if you feel you need to, or even ask for a temp ban if you will be tempted to come back.

Uncle Salty
9th November 2012, 09:26 AM
I didn't even know shit was going on. Any summary to catch me up with the drama?

vacuum
9th November 2012, 09:38 AM
Here's what my policy would be if you wanted your account deleted. First, send a pm stating such. Then, after 30 days, you have 7 days to send a second pm reminding and confirming that you want to go through with it. If you forget to send the second pm, then it must not be that important to you. And you have to wait another 30 days if you forgot to do it in the time window.

zap
9th November 2012, 09:52 AM
A special Thanks to Steel_ag and Vacuum for diverting attention away from a crappy situation last night...

with their waterfall of new posts!!

joboo
9th November 2012, 02:32 PM
"I don't mean to start any shit....BUT..."

steel_ag
9th November 2012, 02:56 PM
"I don't mean to start any shit....BUT..."

PlatinumBlonde
9th November 2012, 03:19 PM
I'm thinking we should take the weekend off. Go outside and do something fun in nature if possible before the weather gets really cold and the holiday obligations take hold..

It's Indian summer..

freespirit
9th November 2012, 03:22 PM
I didn't even know shit was going on. Any summary to catch me up with the drama?

far too much drama to be easily summarized...you're just gonna have to read the threads...

osoab
9th November 2012, 03:30 PM
Who's next?

http://s2.favim.com/orig/28/cannabis-glasses-happie-joint-light-Favim.com-233653.gif

Old Herb Lady
9th November 2012, 03:35 PM
I'm thinking we should take the weekend off. Go outside and do something fun in nature if possible before the weather gets really cold and the holiday obligations take hold..

It's Indian summer..

I totally agree ! now is the last chance to get out there & plant as much garlic as possible, too !
hillbilly penicillin really.

osoab
9th November 2012, 03:36 PM
I totally agree ! now is the last chance to get out there & plant as much garlic as possible, too !

My garlic has been in the ground for about 5 weeks. Shallots are about a 1' tall for the bigger ones. :o

Old Herb Lady
9th November 2012, 03:47 PM
My garlic has been in the ground for about 5 weeks. Shallots are about a 1' tall for the bigger ones. :o

Me too osoab, but I'm greedy and want MORE. You can NEVER have enough of it. It goes so fast especially if you use it everyday.
It disappears. Poof. Garlic is Money, IMO.

steel_ag
9th November 2012, 04:03 PM
Me too osoab, but I'm greedy and want MORE. You can NEVER have enough of it. It goes so fast especially if you use it everyday.
It disappears. Poof. Garlic is Money, IMO.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?55610-Garlic-fans-the-last-garlic-press-you-ll-ever-buy&p=479859&viewfull=1#post479859

"Poof" - Yes... "...something wrong... ?" - No

madfranks
9th November 2012, 04:12 PM

Let's see. Long story short, Gaillo is leaving the forum in his final move "off grid". Gaillo's last ban (against osoab) was overturned (with Gaillo's consent) by me and members started fighting about it. Some members requested account deletion (beefsteak, Dmac, solid), others got a temp ban (Magnes). Hmm, I think I left something out but that's about it.

gunDriller
9th November 2012, 04:36 PM
Like I said in the other thread -

My vote of confidence is 100%, maybe 110%.

I am very grateful that this forum exists.

Ponce
9th November 2012, 04:52 PM
Franks? don't kick them out, first you tell them to "cool" it, in private......no need to make it bigger than what it is... besides, those are only words on a monitor that can be deleted by you.

gunDriller
10th November 2012, 02:25 AM

you mean, it grows during the winter - sub-freezing temperatures and all ?