PDA

View Full Version : Rats leaving the ship?

EE_
9th November 2012, 12:23 PM
This ought to be an interesting story. So he's throwing his career away over this?
If it's a crime to have an affair, most of the guys/gals in Washington DC should be resigning.
Eric Holder is leaving, Hillary Clinton is leaving.
Me thinks a major cover-up is taking place?

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair
NBC's Andrea Mitchell reports on the resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus after citing an extra-marital affair and apologizing for poor judgment.
By Andrea Mitchell and Robert Windrem, NBC News

CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair and "extremely poor judgement."

Multiple sources tell NBC News that Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a longtime CIA officer, would likely be offered the job as acting director but with the understanding that he may be elevated to the job permanently at some point.

That's how George Tenet got the job, first as deputy director in July 1995, then acting director following the resignation of John Deutch in December 1996 and finally as director in July 1997, staying on in the Bush Administration.

Morrell is a longtime CIA analyst and was an eyewitness to two of the most momentous events in recent U.S. history. He was traveling with President George W. Bush on Sept. 11, 2001, as the president's briefer, and was in the Situation Room on May 1, 2011, as deputy CIA Director, when Navy SEALs killed Osama bin Laden.

Here is Petraeus' resignation letter:

HEADQUARTERS Central Intelligence Agency

9 November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.

Teddy Roosevelt once observed that life's greatest gift is the opportunity to work hard at work worth doing. I will always treasure my opportunity to have done that with you and I will always regret the circumstances that brought that work with you to an end.
Thank you for your extraordinary service to our country, and best wishes for continued success in the important endeavors that lie ahead for our country and our Agency.

With admiration and appreciation,
David H. Petraeus
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/09/15054517-cia-director-david-petraeus-resigns-cites-extramarital-affair?lite

sirgonzo420
9th November 2012, 12:36 PM
You'd think that if he *had* had an affair, that Mr Head-CIA-man would have been able to keep a secret a bit better.

mamboni
9th November 2012, 12:36 PM
Extramarital affair? Well, that is serious. It's not like he did something trivial like post an obvious forged birth certificate, lied about his place of birth and citizenship or cavorted with known terrorists and bigotted race baiters. Adultery, that be some bad shit.

EE_
9th November 2012, 12:39 PM
You'd think that if he *had* had an affair, that Mr Head-CIA-man would have been able to keep a secret a bit better.

Sounds like he spilled his guts on himself.

Plastic
9th November 2012, 12:57 PM
The veteran in me says....

Sounds like he was compromised "being blackmailed" and decided to cut the head off the chicken.

The veteran in me wonders...

How many military men and women did he bust/place on restriction ruining their lives for the exact same thing he has just gotten away with during his long career. I saw ALOT of people get busted for the exact same thing he just walked away from, the damned son of a bitch.

Santa
9th November 2012, 01:05 PM
His conscience probably just got the better of him, poor guy. All that deception was just too much to continue with his job
of covert intrigue, plunder, mass genocide and taking over the world.

Old Herb Lady
9th November 2012, 01:30 PM
maybe it was a dude

mamboni
9th November 2012, 01:35 PM
maybe it was a dude

Nah, he would have gotten a medal and a promotion.

Horn
9th November 2012, 01:45 PM
And here I am worrying about the security of the U.S.

undgrd
9th November 2012, 02:05 PM
I guess he reached the top of his "Fuck up, move up" ladder.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DSAeyAV85UM

Old Herb Lady
9th November 2012, 02:16 PM
Nah, he would have gotten a medal and a promotion.

yeah ur right & a nobel peace prize

Plastic
9th November 2012, 02:19 PM
yeah ur right & a nobel peace prize

I would have said "piece" prize. :P

iOWNme
9th November 2012, 02:37 PM
Who the hell would buy this? Oh, wait the sheople Americans who LOVE drama and a good love story with a decent twist. I mean, hey life is a reality TV show dont you know? Stuff like this happens all the time.

MIND CONTROL.

The entire job of the CIA is to lie & deceive, but when it comes to sex they always take the moral high ground. /SARC/

Down1
9th November 2012, 02:41 PM
Screw them and they don't forgot.

Senior figures in the American military, including General David Petraeus who has commanded US forces in both wars, have identified Israel's continued occupation of Palestinian land as an obstacle to resolving those conflicts.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/05/us-israel-support

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/05/us-israel-support

EE_
9th November 2012, 04:10 PM
This could end up being the story of the year?

I'm wondering if he has to testify, or if he is implicated in any wrong doing...would there be any difference between him being tried by military, or civilian (once resigned) law?

gunDriller
9th November 2012, 04:40 PM

true - maybe he's embarassed that he got caught ?

resigning over cheating on his marriage - maybe if he was running for office.

but he's head of the CIA. cheating on their spouses is Standard Operating Procedure.

i had a co-worker at a defense contractor whose father was a high-level career CIA agent. had some resemblance to James Bond - handsome, ladies man, world traveller. in my co-worker's office there was a photo of his Mom with his Step-father, apparently a more stay-at-home Dad.

CIA lead resigning over a mistress issue ? it's just WIERD.

maybe this is just a cover story and he was actually caught with a dead raccoon in his freezer :)

osoab
9th November 2012, 06:12 PM
Who the hell would buy this? Oh, wait the sheople Americans who LOVE drama and a good love story with a decent twist. I mean, hey life is a reality TV show dont you know? Stuff like this happens all the time.

MIND CONTROL.

The entire job of the CIA is to lie & deceive, but when it comes to sex they always take the moral high ground. /SARC/

We all know that the true story is a mind fuck, but what do you think is going on.

The head of CIA, an admiral, and the head of africom all don't receive a career busters within two weeks of each other.

Who benefits? Could it be just Barry and crew? What does ruining a career do to keep someone quiet?

Horn
9th November 2012, 06:40 PM
Everyone is trying to figure what may have happened, what they're missing is what could happen.

After a presidential election, there's always some major bullshit to be laid up on the table.

mamboni
10th November 2012, 10:19 AM
We all know that the true story is a mind fuck, but what do you think is going on.

The head of CIA, an admiral, and the head of africom all don't receive a career busters within two weeks of each other.

Who benefits? Could it be just Barry and crew? What does ruining a career do to keep someone quiet?

This is the equivalent of shooting the truck driver (Morgan Freeman) and the other useful idiots in GoodFellas after the heist is done, capeche?

OutDorsMan
10th November 2012, 11:24 AM
maybe it was a dude

Paula Broadwell
http://wttg.images.worldnow.com/images/1868509_G.jpg

Linking this one strictly for the pics:

http://www.celebritypop.com/2012/11/09/photos-did-david-petraeus-have-affair-with-paula-broadwell/

This woman's background needs to be investigated.

OutDorsMan
10th November 2012, 11:35 AM
Her maiden name is Paula Dean Kranz btw...

sounds kinda Khazar imo

Petraeus' biographer Paula Broadwell under FBI investigation over access to his email, law enforcement officials say.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/09/15056607-petraeus-biographer-paula-broadwell-under-fbi-investigation-over-access-to-his-email-law-enforcement-officials-say?lite

The biographer for resigning CIA Director David Petraeus is under FBI investigation for improperly trying to access his email and possibly gaining access to classified information, law enforcement officials told NBC News on Friday.

Paula Broadwell is the author of Petraeus' biography, "All In." She had extensive access to Petraeus in Afghanistan and has given numerous television interviews speaking about him.

Law enforcement and multiple U.S. officials told NBC News that emails between Petraeus and Broadwell were indicative of an extra-marital affair.

Earlier, law enforcement officials said they do not believe the FBI investigation will result in any criminal charges. They also stressed that Petraeus is not under investigation.

The CIA declined all comment on the case. Broadwell could not be reached for comment.

Broadwell's Twitter account describes her as a national security analyst and Army veteran. A biography on her website, which went offline Friday evening, said she is married to a radiologist and has two children, both boys. The family lives in Charlotte, N.C. The biography said she is a West Point graduate and a research associate at Harvard University's Center for Public Leadership and a doctoral candidate in the Department of War Studies at King's College London

OutDorsMan
10th November 2012, 11:41 AM
HA!

http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?view=2&surname=kranz

Kranz Name Meaning
German: from Middle High German kranz ‘garland’, ‘wreath’; a metonymic occupational name for a maker of chaplets and wreaths, a habitational name for someone who lived at a house distinguished by the sign of a garland, or a nickname for someone whose hair was tonsured.Dutch: variant spelling of Krans, cognate with 1.In some cases it may also be one of the several German spellings of the Slovenian habitational name Kranjec (also found as Krajnc or Kranjc), denoting someone from Kranjska province (Latin Carniola, German Krain), an old name for the historical central part of Slovenia.Jewish (Ashkenazic): ornamental name from German Kranz or Yiddish krants ‘wreath’, ‘garland’.

Neuro
12th November 2012, 12:24 PM
Her maiden name is Paula Dean Kranz btw...

sounds kinda Khazar imo

Petraeus' biographer Paula Broadwell under FBI investigation over access to his email, law enforcement officials say.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/09/15056607-petraeus-biographer-paula-broadwell-under-fbi-investigation-over-access-to-his-email-law-enforcement-officials-say?lite
So he was honey trapped! I am sure it wasn't the affair that got him, it was the information he gave away to the hoey trap!