PDA

View Full Version : Got some Crappy Pop-Tarts - Good or Bad to feed Sweets to Chickens ?

gunDriller
18th November 2012, 05:58 PM
I have some "Stater Brothers" Pop-Tarts.

They are SOOOOO BAD.

Great Value Pop Tarts are close to Regular Pop Tarts.

Stater Brothers are like some cheap First World knock-off.

Like, as if they were made by the US gov. or Lockheed or something !

So anyway, it's sweet food that I won't be eating. I was thinking about putting them (one at a time) in the food scrap bucket (so they get soggy and the chickens eat them).

Or, maybe feeding them by hand to the chickens when I give them a 'treat'.

OK, they don't have teeth, so we don't have to worry about Chickens getting Cavities.

But - does it screw up their system ? They don't normally get sweet stuff as part of a normal diet.

I don't want them running around with a big butt-crack hanging out.

Is it bad to feed chickens sweet pastries ? (side-stepping the subject of chocolate.)

They're berry (sort of) pastries. HFCS, sugar, flour, etc.

Glass
18th November 2012, 09:30 PM
If you feed a chicken berries, what do the eggs come out like? I can see that they would like berries. If I had a coop I'd plant a mullberry or something. Good shade in the summer and lots of inebriated chooks as the berries come on stream and ferment a little bit..... not that, that is the point but it's got to be good for a laugh.

Now I don't know if this is correct or not but when I type drunk chicken in to youtube, I get a whole lot of videos of chickens with beer cans shoved up the..... well.... actually it's the beer can roaster... which I have one of and they are excellent.

Old Herb Lady
22nd November 2012, 03:04 PM
Oh my. Please throw them in the garbage. All of them. I don't care how much you paid for them.
It's GARBAGE. Put them in there ! Please don't feed those poor chickens that shit. yuck.

Golden
23rd November 2012, 12:30 PM
...Now I don't know if this is correct or not but when I type drunk chicken in to youtube, I get a whole lot of videos of chickens with beer cans shoved up the..... well.... actually it's the beer can roaster... which I have one of and they are excellent.

:confused:
{0}
:)sal

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHQltwb2TNA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHQltwb2TNA

\uu\