PDA

View Full Version : The Lotto thread has me thinking, what would be your perfect home

General of Darkness
27th November 2012, 04:56 PM
I was thinking about LT's Lotto thread. http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?65459-Fess-up-who-s-playing-the-500M-powerball-And-a-proposition

Grant you I'm a single guy, but I don't really need much other than SPACE for the stuff I buy. When I see these mansions etc, the first thing that comes to mind is, "Who's wants to maintain that shit", you're talking vacuuming, cleaning, and on and on.

I LOVE grassy land, and I love my damn dogs. The perfect home for ME would be 3 bedrooms, it's not that I don't like guests, I don't like being a guest. When your a guest at someones house you have to be a good guest. Fuck that, give me a nice hotel room then I don't have to worry about it. So if people come to visit, let me take you your hotel, it's paid for.

Most important things.

1 - Garage is bigger than the house - I like to make shit, so I need my tools, plus I need room to store my preps
2 - Pool and jacuzzi - We are water creatures and water is good for the soul
3 - Huge gated backyard - For my dogs to run and just be dogs, them being happy makes me happy. It's selfish, I know.
4 - Kitchen with a nice size eating area or mulling around area. I know that's what dinning rooms are for, but in "my" life experiences the best conversations are around barbecues and stuff being cooked
5 - Bedrooms are for sleeping and screwing. You need a bedroom that has a California size bed with at least 10 feet space around it, it allows for jumping on the bed and other antics
6 - A porch, something that faces sunrise and sunset. It warms the heart.

That's all I've got for now. I know it's needs to have a 12K gennie etc, all the self sufficient stuff like solar, well water, but I'm just thinking of what would be cool.

Plastic
27th November 2012, 05:20 PM
Converted missile silo with a mobile home on top of it and a camper trailer for a guest house.

The day comes when we gotta hide what we got from the zombies.

That, or buy silver island as a gift for Ponce and get the f*** out of dodge a couple years early.

Ponce
27th November 2012, 05:20 PM
At my age?.......ufffffffffff, man oh man......talking about having a ball..........one thing for sure........two maids and one Cuban fook cook..........and two beautifull nurses to take care of me........ one of the maids would also be my driver.

Already have three people who would get one or two millions right of the bat......(yes Agnut, you are one of them)... and one of them would moved to my island with me.....(yes buddy, you once again) otherwise who the hell would I talk to?

Glass
27th November 2012, 05:27 PM
We had a $100 mil lottery down here about a month ago. As part of my preparation for becoming a hundred millionaire I spent a fair bit of time researching luxury yatchs. I think about $25 mil gets you a decent tub. Berths 10 with maybe 10 crew. A Stateroom with king size, his and hers ensuites, as well as several double cabins for guests. Spa, lounge, dining, 2 sun decks, 2 bars, a 30ft runabout, a couple jet skis.

My plan was to spend 6 months a year sailing the indonesian archipelago, perhaps stop over in Thailand, Vietnam and then maybe down to the Barrier reef for a chug about.

Anyway I've got the plan. Just need the second ingredient.

Libertytree
27th November 2012, 05:35 PM
I'd like a giant garage w/ different types of workshops/brewery within, a giant pole barn and a small attached house in between the two. Small cabins, RV/campsite hookups for guests.

Libertytree
27th November 2012, 05:45 PM
We had a $100 mil lottery down here about a month ago. As part of my preparation for becoming a hundred millionaire I spent a fair bit of time researching luxury yatchs. I think about $25 mil gets you a decent tub. Berths 10 with maybe 10 crew. A Stateroom with king size, his and hers ensuites, as well as several double cabins for guests. Spa, lounge, dining, 2 sun decks, 2 bars, a 30ft runabout, a couple jet skis.

My plan was to spend 6 months a year sailing the indonesian archipelago, perhaps stop over in Thailand, Vietnam and then maybe down to the Barrier reef for a chug about.

Anyway I've got the plan. Just need the second ingredient.

If you get that levitation, anti-gravity thing working me thinks $500M is in the bag!

Osiris
27th November 2012, 06:01 PM
I could day dream about this all day...

A lot of land with the sustainable stuff of course. Water, garden, solar, etc. Small (very secure) house with a really nice kitchen and master bath. Huge garage big enough for an RV and lift. Have to have pool. Spa would be nice too. A really nice indoor/outdoor run so I could adopt dogs and of course plenty of room for them to hang.

If I had a stupid amount of money I would have a shooting range and a drag strip as well. :)

Santa
27th November 2012, 06:09 PM
If anyone came to visit me, they'd better bring a tent. They could set it up about a thousand yards away on the other side of copse of trees.
I'll wander over to chat when I smell coffee brewing.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
27th November 2012, 06:27 PM
I don't gamble so I don't play the lottery, but I've always wanted to have a big outdoor garden with a fence around it.

Glass
27th November 2012, 08:09 PM
If I had a stupid amount of money I would have a shooting range and a drag strip as well. :)

I'm with you 100% on those two. A private race track would be awesome. Something like Caldwell park would suit me. I spent a bit of time checking out YT shooter vids. hickok45 has a nice plinking range. There is another guy who mostly has his babe do the shooting while he films has a range at the bottom of his front steps. Perfect location IYAM.

AndreaGail
27th November 2012, 08:13 PM
having your house at a racetrack would be awesome. I would have to choose to build a house in the center of the old Osterrichring in Austria

http://www.formula2.net/zeltweg197101.jpg

Libertytree
27th November 2012, 08:17 PM
Is that a pyramid and an all seeing eye in that race track pic?

ImaCannin
27th November 2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvTE3m5jpM

Libertytree
27th November 2012, 08:56 PM
That's my favorite show Ima! Sometimes I watch it when I'm homesick :)

Glass
27th November 2012, 08:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvTE3m5jpM

That's right. I'll need me a Ce-ment pond!

Libertytree
27th November 2012, 09:09 PM
Here ya go Ima, this is pure gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBmYkXVteaU

Serpo
27th November 2012, 09:46 PM
I was thinking about LT's Lotto thread. http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?65459-Fess-up-who-s-playing-the-500M-powerball-And-a-proposition

Grant you I'm a single guy, but I don't really need much other than SPACE for the stuff I buy. When I see these mansions etc, the first thing that comes to mind is, "Who's wants to maintain that shit", you're talking vacuuming, cleaning, and on and on.

I LOVE grassy land, and I love my damn dogs. The perfect home for ME would be 3 bedrooms, it's not that I don't like guests, I don't like being a guest. When your a guest at someones house you have to be a good guest. Fuck that, give me a nice hotel room then I don't have to worry about it. So if people come to visit, let me take you your hotel, it's paid for.

Most important things.

1 - Garage is bigger than the house - I like to make shit, so I need my tools, plus I need room to store my preps
2 - Pool and jacuzzi - We are water creatures and water is good for the soul
3 - Huge gated backyard - For my dogs to run and just be dogs, them being happy makes me happy. It's selfish, I know.
4 - Kitchen with a nice size eating area or mulling around area. I know that's what dinning rooms are for, but in "my" life experiences the best conversations are around barbecues and stuff being cooked
5 - Bedrooms are for sleeping and screwing. You need a bedroom that has a California size bed with at least 10 feet space around it, it allows for jumping on the bed and other antics
6 - A porch, something that faces sunrise and sunset. It warms the heart.

That's all I've got for now. I know it's needs to have a 12K gennie etc, all the self sufficient stuff like solar, well water, but I'm just thinking of what would be cool.

Why dont you do what I did and build your dream home out of mud bricks somewhere(adobe) in the country side.My house was the most important thing too me and took 7 years to complete.

Most important thing is to face the building south towards the sun for solar warming, face north in southern hemisphere.

People dont realise its the land and where you are thats important .

Serpo
27th November 2012, 10:01 PM
I'm with you 100% on those two. A private race track would be awesome. Something like Caldwell park would suit me. I spent a bit of time checking out YT shooter vids. hickok45 has a nice plinking range. There is another guy who mostly has his babe do the shooting while he films has a range at the bottom of his front steps. Perfect location IYAM.

Not for me ,my father trained racing horses and then some lady rips us of because of horses through inheritance.........every time I see a horse it reminds me............

Grog
27th November 2012, 10:01 PM
We are pretty happy where we are. It is almost perfect for us. Sure we have a list of improvements we would like but I don't see myself uprooting and going anywhere.

What would make it perfect? For me, a fish room. Wife? She wants more gardens. Both of us want the out-building to be a guest house. A pool would be nice on those hot Texas summers. Oh and getting rid of our awful carpet and redoing the garage. Aside from that, our current place is what we need.

Simple stuff really, that wouldn't put a dent in the Lotto winnings.

Serpo
27th November 2012, 10:09 PM
Yes and lotto winnings............straight into silver for safe keeping then think about how to spend it .....but first you have to sell a bit of silver...hehehe

Glass
27th November 2012, 10:34 PM
Not for me ,my father trained racing horses and then some lady rips us of because of horses through inheritance.........every time I see a horse it reminds me............

no G G's for me. Broom Brooms. I have to say that horse people are a funny people in my experience. I guess every obsession has it's idiosyncracies.

Osiris
28th November 2012, 05:05 PM
People dont realise its the land and where you are thats important .

I thought location was a given.... I sure as hell wouldn't build my dream home in the city.

General of Darkness
28th November 2012, 05:16 PM
having your house at a racetrack would be awesome. I would have to choose to build a house in the center of the old Osterrichring in Austria

http://www.formula2.net/zeltweg197101.jpg

I think I just came in my pants.