PDA

View Full Version : Australian Freemasons come out of the Shadows

Glass
28th November 2012, 06:15 PM
I have noticed this trend over the last couple years. More stories in the papers about these phsyco's.

Freemasons' Grand Lodge to become modern apartments as group seeks to shore up finances

The secretive Freemasons men's society will escape a financial knife-edge by demolishing and redeveloping its Grand Lodge, better known as the Dallas Brooks Hall.
Faced with dwindling membership – it has plummeted from 110,000 in its heyday to less than 13,000 now – Victoria's Masonic order will also sell or develop at least five other lodges in prime Melbourne suburbs.
"The time has come. We're on a financial knife-edge," Grand Master Bob Jones said.
http://images.theage.com.au/2012/11/29/3847925/ncfreemasonslead3_20121129094639542986-300x0.jpg
Grand Master Bob Jones. Photo: Simon Schluter SMS

Dallas Brooks Hall's upkeep was sending the organisation to the wall.

The large 2500-seat auditorium on Albert Street in East Melbourne has hosted countless school performances, concerts, rowdy union meetings and Freemason gatherings since it was built in 1967.
The building, and the society's extensive Lodge rooms, will be demolished to make way for a shiny, angular, glass 10-storey apartment block designed by architects Bates Smart.

The $250 million project with views over Fitzroy Gardens will be developed in conjunction with property giant Mirvac.
The Freemasons will own a slice of the building when it's finished, and a portion will be set aside for a new Masonic Lodge and 350-seat banquet room.

The 250 apartments still need planning approval and a vote of support from Freemason members.
But the Grand Lodge is not the only thing about Victoria's Freemasons, widely known for their archaic rituals and secretive meetings, that Grand Master Jones is seeking to modernise.

"About four or five years ago we decided to implement some membership programs, open up our doors so to speak, and tell the world what it is we do and stop this secrecy about ourselves," he said.

The Masons regularly gave and raised funds for charity, he said.

Since the membership drive, 800 have joined the male-only order.

The new building may not retain the Dallas Brooks name. "It would be a shame if we did lose that," Grand Master Jones said.

The Freemasons own 149 lodges in Victoria and will sell or develop lodges in Camberwell, Canterbury, Kew, Boxhill and Balwyn.

Link to article (http://www.theage.com.au/business/property/freemasons-grand-lodge-to-become-modern-apartments-as-group-seeks-to-shore-up-finances-20121129-2ah28.html)

Remembering that they perform the Lucifer initiation rites in these venues. They use the facilities for the community benefit like hosting school concerts etc. I think even the mildest contact with these people is dangerous.

I've demonstrated here the Freemason symbology built into the Federal Parliament in Canberra.

Some time ago I crossed paths with a long time mason. He was quite open about his membership. He is also been long involved in Scouts. He says he likes scouts because it has all the ritual goals for the kids to attain. They get various grades of achievment for which they hold these initiation ceremonies. In freemasonry this is known as being adept. He says it's a good lead in to fellowship with the brother hood in adult life.

When I was growing up there was always this bit of a joke about how many Smiths and Jone's there were in the phone book. There were always pages and pages. It wasn't until I got older that I realised it wasn't a joke. Most of those Smiths and Jones's aren't really Smiths or Jones.

In Australia soon we are going to have a Whitewash (sorry) a Royal Commission into paedophilia. We are going to persecute the Catholic church (rather than purge it) and we are going to gather all of the evidence against the paedo rings in the Scouts and then lock it all down. All of the Government officers who molested kids will be allowed to pass on long before anyone comes for them. Should be interesting.

To be 100% clear I am making no accusation towards the person I met who was in scouts. Trying to make a point about the pending national cover up by the government about the problem paedophilia. And that I don't like Freemasons.

They own 149 lodges in the state of Victoria alone. Troubling.

Serpo
28th November 2012, 10:40 PM
my friend went to western Australia and mentioned that masons where advertising all over the place ,along with the catholic church

PatColo
29th November 2012, 01:29 AM
9 March 2012 Last updated at 10:50 GMT

Would you want to be a Freemason?

[...] In 1999, new judges were required to publicly disclose whether they were Masons.

But after a ruling from the European Court of Human Rights, the requirement was dropped in 2009. Police officers have a voluntary requirement to disclose - but only to their superiors. [...]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17272611

Serpo
29th November 2012, 01:31 PM
Police officers have a voluntary requirement to disclose - but only to their superiors.......who of course is a freemason

Horn
29th November 2012, 02:49 PM
The large 2500-seat auditorium on Albert Street in East Melbourne has hosted countless school performances, concerts, rowdy union meetings and Freemason gatherings since it was built in 1967.
The building, and the society's extensive Lodge rooms, will be demolished to make way for a shiny, angular, glass 10-storey apartment block designed by architects Bates Smart.

The $250 million project with views over Fitzroy Gardens will be developed in conjunction with property giant Mirvac.
The Freemasons will own a slice of the building when it's finished, and a portion will be set aside for a new Masonic Lodge and 350-seat banquet room.

The 250 apartments still need planning approval and a vote of support from Freemason members.
But the Grand Lodge is not the only thing about Victoria's Freemasons, widely known for their archaic rituals and secretive meetings, that Grand Master Jones is seeking to modernise.

They seem to be doing a bang up job of developing down there in Australia and other parts of the world, for being in a financial crisis...

Is like they transferred the real estate bubble from the U.S. over and out there?

Think a global real estate crash is coming soon.

Glass
29th November 2012, 03:13 PM
They seem to be doing a bang up job of developing down there in Australia and other parts of the world, for being in a financial crisis...

Is like they transferred the real estate bubble from the U.S. over and out there?

Think a global real estate crash is coming soon.

We have very low supply and very high demand. Back in the 80's all of the tracts of land set aside for housing were vested in private property trusts. Those trust control more than 90% of planned residential land. The release of land is running at about 1/3 of demand. The next 50 years (now 30 since I first learnt of this) were all ready locked up.

I looked at getting into one of these trusts but they take a lot of money to buy in. There is also very high demand for a slice. You really need to be in the purple circle to have a chance. Returns are 300%.

1 bed room apartments cost $450,000.00 within the downtown areas. 50m2 in area. That's within walking distance of the CBD's.

We have a hugely inflated yet restricted property bubble going on here. I don't expect it to end any time soon. Property owners have it made. There is 99% rental occupancy down here and a 66% shortfall for family housing. How do you think that affects property prices in both rental and buyers markets?

I spend 50% on accomodation. I'm better off than others apparently although I think I am being moved on shortly. That's a worry because the upfront to go into a new place will be about $4,000.00 plus any moving expenses, services hookups etc.

Horn
29th November 2012, 04:57 PM
Those trust control more than 90% of planned residential land.

Holy Masonic Royalty batman.

MNeagle
30th November 2012, 01:35 PM
Here's one in USA: (MN)

Masonic lodge takes over Savage strip mall

A largely vacant strip mall in downtown Savage is about to get a makeover for its new owner - a Masonic lodge that had been looking for a new home for more than a decade.

Rich Hervieux, master of Minnesota River Valley Lodge No. 6, said he was determined to find a new location before his one-term expires before the end of this year. An examination of the lodge's 150 members found Savage as a convenient place for a new home, he said.

The main reason for the move says a lot about the changing demographic profile of the worldwide fraternal organization, whose roots go back more than 3,000 years.

The current home for Lodge No. 6 is in Shakopee on the second floor of a building with no elevator. "There is no way to put an elevator or a stairlift into the building, and a lot of the brothers in the lodge are in their 70s and 80s and can't go up there anymore," Hervieux said.

Although it has many older members, Lodge No. 6 has added more members than it has lost in the last several years, Hervieux said. That's not the case for the state overall, where 152 chartered lodges started 2012 with about 14,000 members -- down from more than 21,000 members in 2000, according to reports from the Grand Lodge of Minnesota. Hervieux said membership in the state peaked in 1960 at more than 60,000.

Declining membership has resulted in fewer lodges, many of which have merged in order to continue operating. Lodge No. 6 is made up of four from Shakopee, Jordan, Chaska and Belle Plaine, which joined forces in 1999.

In addition to easier access for its members, the new space for Lodge No. 6 will be about twice as large as the building in Shakopee, Hervieux said. Masonic lodges do a lot of fund raising to support their philanthropy with events like pancake breakfasts. "If your lodge isn't big enough, you end up have to beg or borrow space someplace else that has a kitchen," Hervieux said. That's been the case in Shakopee, but he said the lodge will be able to have its breakfasts and other events at the Savage site.

Although Lodge No. 6 will be a newcomer to Savage, the ties between the city and the Masons go back many years.

More the 90 years ago, the Minnesota Masonic Fraternity bought the former summer estate of M.W. Savage -- a Mason and the city's namesake who is best known as the owner of legendary race horse Dan Patch. Located on the Minnesota River Bluffs in Bloomington, it is the site of the Minnesota Masonic Home nursing care facility as well as the Grand Lodge's headquarters.

Mayor Janet Williams said that historic connection makes it very appropriate that Lodge No. 6 should wind up making Savage its new home.

"It was worth the wait to get them. They're a great asset to the community," she said.

Even though the group won't move into it new facilities until next year, Williams said the lodge has expressed interest in being involved in community events like WinterFest and Dan Patch Days.

Williams was among the crowd of about 100 people on hand for the lodge's recent cornerstone ceremony at the new location. The ceremony recognizes the first stone in a Masonic building's foundation and is a reminder of the group's roots as an organization of stonemasons.

Hervieux said Lodge No. 6 used a symbolic cornerstone for the ceremony. The actual cornerstone will be placed at the new lodge after the architect who is overseeing the renovations decides where it will be placed.

Hervieux said the lodge paid $400,000 for the strip mall on 124th Street and will occupy about one-third of its 15,000 square feet. Part of the mall already houses a dance studio, which recently expanded. The lodge will rent the rest of the space to other tenants.

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/179955961.html