PDA

View Full Version : A question for anyone who puts any stock in the Mayan calender 'ending' 12/21/12

midnight rambler
28th November 2012, 08:07 PM
If the Mayans were so fucking prescient how come they couldn't foresee their own demise?? ???

Celtic Rogue
28th November 2012, 09:27 PM
nah... they just all went to the bug out location! shhhh! 8-)

freespirit
28th November 2012, 09:32 PM
murphy's law

zap
28th November 2012, 09:33 PM
If the Mayans were so fucking prescient how come they couldn't foresee their own demise?? ???

It is what it is!

midnight rambler
28th November 2012, 09:39 PM
And what would that be? I hearing everything from a nuclear Christmas to aliens coming out of the woodwork.

Carl
29th November 2012, 04:13 AM
"A question for anyone who puts any stock in the Mayan calender 'ending' 12/21/12"

Well, I can't read Mayan but those who claim to read Mayan claim the the calender does indeed end at 12/21/12.

What that may mean, if anything, is just a matter of speculation.

freespirit
29th November 2012, 05:28 AM
"A question for anyone who puts any stock in the Mayan calender 'ending' 12/21/12"

Well, I can't read Mayan but those who claim to read Mayan claim the the calender does indeed end at 12/21/12.

What that may mean, if anything, is just a matter of speculation.

it means its time to buy a new calendar... my last one ended on dec 31, put the new one up, and guess what? the world, she keeps spinning!

mick silver
29th November 2012, 05:51 AM
they were so head of there time that they had ways to travel in space so they left this world behind

Silver Rocket Bitches!
29th November 2012, 06:27 AM
Truth is, we'll never know for certain what the Mayans believed or knew since conquistadors like Cortes destroyed their cities and burned their documents. Very little remains of the ancient Mayan culture as the remaining survivors were forced into Christianity leading to cultural atrophy.

madfranks
29th November 2012, 07:39 AM
http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2231353.jpg

messianicdruid
29th November 2012, 10:25 AM
Very little remains of the ancient Mayan culture as the remaining survivors were forced into Christianity leading to cultural atrophy.

And now we find churchianity atrophied and Christ Consciousness flourishing. Makes one wonder if it was because {partially?} of Mayan influence?

Serpo
29th November 2012, 11:01 AM
Nothing ends on 21 dec except a Mayan cycle according to their calendar.The calendar dosnt stop .

The Mayans where into time not fortune telling.

Plastic
29th November 2012, 11:33 AM
Nothing ends on 21 dec except a Mayan cycle according to their calendar.The calendar dosnt stop .

The Mayans where into time not fortune telling.

The problem is that new cycles supposedly follow destruction on a planetary scale.

Is this new cycle not supposedly the 5th age of mankind with the previous 3 and soon to be 4th destroyed by cataclysm?

Of course, should anything drastic happen the whole world will be virtually uninhabitable what with hundreds of nuclear reactors melting down and all.

Serpo
29th November 2012, 11:39 AM
Whats being destroyed ,everything greed has created ,the great ponzi scheme that is all.
Maya text cites 2012 as end of calendar cycle, not end of world

Archaeologists say inscription doesn't refer to doomsday, but to long-term stability

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48000582/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/maya-text-cites-end-calendar-cycle-not-end-world/#.ULe6rWfZ1yI

Both the Hopis and Mayans recognize that we are approaching the end of a World Age... In both cases, however, the Hopi and Mayan elders do not prophesy that everything will come to an end. Rather, this is a time of transition from one World Age into another.

The Mayan Calendar is a gateway to the worlds of consciousness which the majority of humanity has been blinded to through the use of false or delusory calendars.

Since everything that exists is an aspect of consciousness, and the Mayan Calendar describes the evolution of consciousness in all of its aspects, no stone is left unturned for the serious student of the Mayan Calendar. All of science is affected, all of religion is affected, all of life is affected. We are here for a reason. Time is no longer equated with money, but with spirit. Time is inspiration!"

Carl Johan Calleman

"My own view is that this is the last chance that human beings will have to truly align themselves with the cosmic plan. It is now or never and if you do not think that the Conscious Convergence has something to do with you you probably have not studied the Mayan calendar seriously enough. Hence, there can be no proxies for your participation in the transformation of the world as the calendar comes to an end."

http://www.adishakti.org/mayan_end_times_prophecy_12-21-2012.htm

freespirit
29th November 2012, 11:45 AM
The problem is that new cycles supposedly follow destruction on a planetary scale.

Is this new cycle not supposedly the 5th age of mankind with the previous 3 and soon to be 4th destroyed by cataclysm?

Of course, should anything drastic happen the whole world will be virtually uninhabitable what with hundreds of nuclear reactors melting down and all.

it could be they are simply inferring drastic change as opposed to an ELE...

the age of aquarius is coming. complete with a 50 year old soundtrack... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0G8XJNz4bY

freespirit
29th November 2012, 12:30 PM
i should go print up a bunch of calendars that start on dec 22.
i bet they would sell like mad!

Serpo
29th November 2012, 12:33 PM
nice one freespirit....the song I mean

Serpo
29th November 2012, 12:36 PM
i should go print up a bunch of calendars that start on dec 22.
i bet they would sell like mad!

so what would your calendars be based on ....the moon cycle ect

or would it be a total mumbo jumbo of confusion ,like the one we have now.......only common thing about the calendar we use now is that it lasts a year,the rest of it is insanity.

freespirit
29th November 2012, 12:40 PM
so what would your calendars be based on ....the moon cycle ect

or would it be a total mumbo jumbo of confusion ,like the one we have now.......only common thing about the calendar we use now is that it lasts a year,the rest of it is insanity.

why, i would base it on the mayan calendar of course!
it is far more accurate than our own which happens to need correction to the tune of 24hrs every four years. theirs has needed no correction in ages (pun intended) lol