10th December 2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tiOMu_Bf8Q

mamboni
10th December 2012, 07:55 PM
Why?

You can't handle the truth.

BarnkleBob
10th December 2012, 08:27 PM
"Pure truth, like pure gold, has been found unfit for circulation, because men have discovered that it is far more convenient to adulterate the truth, than to refine themselves." -- CHARLES CALEB COLTON

Ponce
10th December 2012, 09:20 PM
Well, intersting answers...but...is not what I am looking for........like every brainwashed human you are giving me the truth according to what others are saying and not from what comes from you.....is easy to hide behing others to give an answer.

A bank robber comes running out of a bank, gets into a car and off he goes......you will have ten different answers from ten different people as to what he was wearing, description of the car and so on.......anyway...........

General of Darkness
10th December 2012, 09:25 PM
What answers were you looking for?

Shami-Amourae
10th December 2012, 09:36 PM
Because there is no such thing as purity. Nothing is perfect.

Hatha Sunahara
10th December 2012, 10:07 PM
The truth is whatever you believe it is. What makes it the truth is you believing in it. Other people don't have to believe it, and usually they don't. So the 'truth' is never the truth for anyone but yourself. And even your beliefs are subject to change. As are mine. The truth is something that binds you temporarily to a changing reality. Have you ever tried telling somebody the 'truth'? Did they believe you?

Probably the closest you can get to the truth is to get it from the government. Then you know that a huge number of people believe it, if for no other reason than they think the government has authority. Same thing for the mass media. Why, it's got to be the truth. They said it on TV.

I won't go so far to say there is no truth. You can get close to it--like an asymptotic function, but you can not get to something that is an absolute truth. Close enough is fine with me.

Hatha

palani
11th December 2012, 04:59 AM
"Know the truth and the truth shall make you free"

Truth is expressed by means of an affidavit.
An unrebutted affidavit stands as the truth in Commerce

The above statements are the law of the commercial plane you find yourself in. These expressions are the how truth is handled in commerce. Truth has a different meaning in any non-commercial plane. This is the truth you cannot handle. Commerce plane truth can be handled quite easily. Express it it an affidavit. If nobody disputes it then you have something called truth.

BarnkleBob
11th December 2012, 07:37 AM
I'm not sure that truth may ever be found or experienced in this reality. We may have glimpses of parts of truth, but never the whole truth. My theory is based upon the composition of atoms & their competing dualistic nature within that creates our illusional material world....

BarnkleBob
11th December 2012, 08:00 AM
Secondly, IF our current reality is really an illusion then truth is a subjective belief of the observer & no one else, unless the observer convinces other observers of HIS so-called truth... which of course means mass dellusion! Another aspect of why real truth may not be found by the observer may reside in the multi-verse theories .... http://www.sott.net/article/254491-5-reasons-we-may-live-in-a-multiverse

Ponce
11th December 2012, 10:10 AM
Hatha....you are the closes one.....but....even then the answer is not the right one....why?.....simple

Your answer is yours alone so that your answer would depend on.....your race, country, education, religion,
rich or poor, your friends, what you read and a lot more......and that's why I think that there can't be true thuth.

But of course the basis for my train of thoughts is also base on all of the above......to me that's one reason why
all holy men scape people and stay in a cave for years.

Yours truly.....holy macro Ponce :)

Santa
11th December 2012, 10:55 AM
The truth is never the truth..........by me
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/truth/

The identity theory; according to Moore and Russel, is that a true proposition is identical to a fact. The theory begins with propositions, understood as the objects of beliefs and other propositional attitudes. Propositions are what are believed, and give the contents of beliefs. They are also, according to this theory, the primary bearers of truth. When a proposition is true, it is identical to a fact, and a belief in that proposition is correct.

The identity theory takes truth to be a property of propositions. Furthermore, the property of truth is a simple unanalyzable property. Facts are understood as simply those propositions which are true. There are true propositions and false ones, and facts are just true propositions. There is thus no “difference between truth and the reality to which it is supposed to correspond” thus corroborating to the Correspondence Theory of Truth.

However, sometime around 1910 Moore and Russell came to reject the existence of propositions. Why? Among reasons, they came to doubt that there could be any such things as false propositions, and then concluded that there are no such things as propositions at all.

Why did Moore and Russell find false propositions problematic? Very roughly, the identification of facts with true propositions left them unable to see what a false proposition could be other than something which is just like a fact, though false. If such things existed, we would have fact-like things in the world, which Moore and Russell now see as enough to make false propositions count as true. Hence, they cannot exist, and so there are no false propositions. As Russell (1956, p. 223) later says, propositions seem to be at best “curious shadowy things” in addition to facts.

These are two of the greatest philosophical minds of the 20th century, and yet they couldn't seen to discern a difference between a fact in the physical world, and a "fact" in written language, upon which all propositions are entirely dependent upon.
So, it's not that facts aren't true, but that turning them into propositions, which is required in order to speak to one another, are what becomes false.

Therefore, "The Truth that can be spoken, is not the truth."

BarnkleBob
11th December 2012, 11:29 AM
Thirdly, Youngs experiment a.k.a. the "double slit" experiment proves the dualistic nature existing simultaneously between waves & particles (see Englert-Greenberg duality relation) and how the mere act of observing alters and\or defines the outcome. Note I did not state the ULTIMATE outcome, as that outcome is transmutation & transformation! The outcome of simply observing is merely one of many, many possibilities... therefore logically truth is nothing more than a MOMENTARY fleeing subjective state of being & observation... IOW the elusive truth is in a constant state of refinement as it constantly pops in & out of existence... its recognition is therefore dependent upon the observers momentary interpretation of the event or moment observed.... IF the foregoing is correct, we cannot possibly see, much less recognize or experience "real truth" because our ability to correctly interpret has been thoroughly diminished thru our five senses & thru outside sensory conditioning, stimulation & pre-programmed responses by previous experiences created via social interactions with mundane society, culture & civilization since birth!

Santa
11th December 2012, 12:58 PM
Bob, my supposition suggests that truth that can be spoken isn't truth, but your supposition indicates that truth cannot be experienced physically through
the five senses which means that truth does not even exist in nature, at least for those who are limited to the five senses. In that case there cannot be an evolutionary process of mental acuity.

When people say there's only one reality they're usually referring to that reality limited to the five senses, or the physical universe as opposed
to the mental construct, or concept of reality where there are as many propositional realities as there are assholes. :)

I offer one more proposition. The mental construct of conceptual truth about reality that we create in our minds and attempt to communicate is in fact the stuff of the universe that is expanding in our expanding universe. The dark matter, so to speak, is the deep collective unconscious of all conscious beings.

Fucking philosophical constructs. Fucking dualism. LOL....

Serpo
11th December 2012, 01:09 PM
The truth is always the truth and never anything else.

Your higher mind 'sees the truth"................

The truth can then be spoken.

Your lower mind may easily be confused on this issue.

As to me this is more our thinking minds and we have been lied too since the womb

Truth is truth

Lies are lies

This is a yellow dandelion ......speak it and you have spoken the truth
http://lukemcreynolds.com/images/sized/files/wallpaper/Yellow_1600-900x675.jpg (http://lukemcreynolds.com/files/wallpaper/Yellow_1600.jpg)

Horn
11th December 2012, 01:24 PM
Probably the closest you can get to the truth is to get it from the government. Then you know that a huge number of people believe it, if for no other reason than they think the government has authority. Same thing for the mass media. Why, it's got to be the truth. They said it on TV.

Hatha

I just saw a spot on CNN about a movie based on the Osama Bin Laden assassination operation.

They said the film makers were given "extensive" access to CIA records... must be truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYFhFYoDAo4

sirgonzo420
11th December 2012, 01:41 PM
Bob, my supposition suggests that truth that can be spoken isn't truth, but your supposition indicates that truth cannot be experienced physically through
the five senses which means that truth does not even exist in nature, at least for those who are limited to the five senses. In that case there cannot be an evolutionary process of mental acuity.

When people say there's only one reality they're usually referring to that reality limited to the five senses, or the physical universe as opposed
to the mental construct, or concept of reality where there are as many propositional realities as there are assholes. :)

I offer one more proposition. The mental construct of conceptual truth about reality that we create in our minds and attempt to communicate is in fact the stuff of the universe that is expanding in our expanding universe. The dark matter, so to speak, is the deep collective unconscious of all conscious beings.

Fucking philosophical constructs. Fucking dualism. LOL....

First of all, the world in which we live is माया.

"When the doors of perception are cleansed, man will see things as they truly are, infinite."

The Universe is singular.

There is only one "Self".

"That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing."

"The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao The name that can be named is not the eternal Name. The Tao is like a well: used but never used up. It is like the eternal void: filled with infinite possibilities."

There is nothing new under the sun.

Oh, and I love you all.

Serpo
11th December 2012, 02:11 PM
There is truth in all things ,it is just the perception to see it that is missing. Serpo

BrewTech
11th December 2012, 02:57 PM
Because there is no such thing as purity. Nothing is perfect.

I disagree. Existence is perfect. It continues to exist, no?

Existence may not be ideal, however.

Ponce
11th December 2012, 03:03 PM
When you try to find the truth, on purpose, you will never find it......I gave you this long ago and here it is again.....

In your yard get a low chair close to the dirt and see how many bugs you find, three, four, five?......now......look at one poing on the dirt and nowhere else......before long out of the corner of your eyes you will see hundred of them crawling all over the place.................is the same with night vision, you must use your side vision to see somethingt

Horn
11th December 2012, 05:23 PM
is the same with night vision, you must use your side vision to see somethingt

peripheral

No, you gotta put a dot on your forehead first to look out of that dot.

Ponce
11th December 2012, 08:14 PM
I guess that they put my third eye in the wrong place and man oh man, I hate what I see every day....

zap
11th December 2012, 08:38 PM
Truth is only Truth if you can show it to someone, to prove it to somebody, to let them hold it in their hands.

Good Nite Everybody, Thankyou!
Happy Holidaysssssssssssssssssss