PDA

View Full Version : The 300 Million Dollar Question When AWB v2.0 is in place is.............

Twisted Titan
23rd December 2012, 04:56 AM
What will the owners of Guns Ammo and Mags do when they have in their PHYSICAL POSSESION a item(s) that are newly forbiden?

chad
23rd December 2012, 05:01 AM
turn them in, and then go on gun forums and talk about how when they try and take revolvers, THAT will be the line in the sand.

EE_
23rd December 2012, 05:22 AM
What will the owners of Guns Ammo and Mags do when they have in their PHYSICAL POSSESION a item(s) that are newly forbiden?

You may have to keep them (pre-bans) in the family, forever. Maybe trade with friends.
You may no longer be able to sell on the open market, at gun shows, or advertise in news papers.

Twisted Titan
23rd December 2012, 05:31 AM
Nah......

There will be a underground arms trade market unlike anything we have ever witnessed

Nessecity alone dictates this

chad
23rd December 2012, 05:36 AM
You may have to keep them in the family, forever. Maybe trade with friends.
You may no longer be able to sell on the open market, at gun shows, or advertise in news papers.

feinstein has already said no transfer to anyone, including family members, without a nics check and registration. you "could give them to mentally ill family members." there's a code pink video from thursday or friday floating around where she says it. can't find it right now, but if i will i will post it.

EE_
23rd December 2012, 05:42 AM
Nah......

There will be a underground arms trade market unlike anything we have ever witnessed

Nessecity alone dictates this

There will be a black market, but you will be risking committing a felony if caught and lose your right to own firearms.
I plan to always carry on me, or in my vehicle. I probably wouldn't carry if I had a record as a felon.
The death squads will be out in force to catch you and take your rights. Count on it!

On the other hand, could these weapons see the same registration as automatic firearms?
You will have to be registered and have a tax stamp to transfer and own them.
Look what that did to the price of pre-ban full autos.

hoarder
23rd December 2012, 05:42 AM
I think there are a few things to be learned from the last AWB.

Restrictions (or additional taxes) are likely to effect the sale and transfer of NEW magazines and New firearms. Two things are easy to control:
1) Manufacturing.
2) sale and transfer of items having serial numbers.
It would be easy to get convictions on those two. Wasn't that the reasoning behind the last ban?

I think the next AWB will have restrictions on the manufacture of magazines and the manufacture of assault rifles. Also the modification of firearms purchased after the ban.
I don't think they will effect the sale or transfer of parts without serial numbers that were manufactured before the ban.

chad
23rd December 2012, 05:45 AM
what i want to know, is how are they going to tell if owned the magazines or rifles prior to the ban? what is some cops stops me and i have my ak in the car? how are they going to know i bought it in 1990? they aren't going to have some magical database with the serial number of every weapon ever made in it that they can punch up. far more likely they will just take it, and i'll have to spend $5,000 in court costs getting back a $500 rifle. so, most people will just have them taken away and the police will keep them.

EE_
23rd December 2012, 05:52 AM
what i want to know, is how are they going to tell if owned the magazines or rifles prior to the ban? what is some cops stops me and i have my ak in the car? how are they going to know i bought it in 1990? they aren't going to have some magical database with the serial number of every weapon ever made in it that they can punch up. far more likely they will just take it, and i'll have to spend $5,000 in court costs getting back a $500 rifle. so, most people will just have them taken away and the police will keep them.

For the most part they won't know...unless the buyer opens his/her mouth if/when arrested.
A new database will have to be established from day one of the new laws.

Shami-Amourae
23rd December 2012, 05:54 AM
RepRap (3D Printing) will be the solution to gun control once and for all. In OUR favor by the way.

Everyone who will want a gun, will get it. The real dilemma after that will be bullet control.

I'm already training myself to virtually design 3D guns.

EE_
23rd December 2012, 05:56 AM
I don't think they will effect the sale or transfer of parts without serial numbers that were manufactured before the ban.

As long as you know who the buyer is.

chad
23rd December 2012, 05:57 AM
For the most part they won't know...unless the buyer opens his/her mouth if/when arrested.
A new database will have to be established from day one of the new laws.

and for that to work, everyone will have to register everything they own, including off the books stuff. that will be bad. if you don't register one- prison for you if you're caught with it. and then when the times comes to really ban them, they have the magical list.

EE_
23rd December 2012, 06:05 AM
in fior that to work, everyone will have to register everything they own, including off the books stuff. that will be bad. and if you don't register one, prison for you if you're caught with it.

That would really suck. It would seriously hurt sport shooting of these weapons.
I won't register mine, but I also wouldn't take them out of my home much anymore.

For target shooting, I don't mine using only 10 round mags. I'm not usually in a hurry to shoot up all my ammo at the range.
I'll bring out the high capacity mags when the shtf.

Twisted Titan
23rd December 2012, 06:15 AM
and for that to work, everyone will have to register everything they own, including off the books stuff. that will be bad. if you don't register one- prison for you if you're caught with it. and then when the times comes to really ban them, they have the magical list.

I will say i was moving and didnt have perm address to register to

Shami-Amourae
23rd December 2012, 06:16 AM
I'll bring out the high capacity mags when the shtf.

They are standard capacity magazines. Those are the magazines that the guns were designed for. Low capacity is what a 10 round magazine is. High capacity would be like a 100 round drum. Don't let the politicians' word games fool you. Take back the words.

chad
23rd December 2012, 06:18 AM
the fact that we're having trouble figuring out how it will work is proof positive to me that people who legislate + don't understand how guns work will create some giant clusterfuck of a law.

collector
23rd December 2012, 06:34 AM

This is exactly what I've been saying - the goal of this whole thing is a national gun registry and they'll go after guns by caliber and type once the registry is in place. TSA checkpoints will be looking for "illegal guns" and there will probably be gun amnesty turn in periods as well as rewards for turning in people with "illegal guns". Right now we see that on the state level but the goal is to do it on a nation wide basis. Either they'll force the states to comply or just use a heavily funded BATF and TSA checkpoints to find the guns and slap felony charges and heavy prison terms on those that refuse to comply. To me the big problem will be transportation or relocation of firearms - that'll be when you're most vulnerable to confiscation and forget about range shooting - that'll be restricted to "lawfully owned" bolt ctions or whatever.

...just my opinion but it seems like the next logical step on the road to total disarmament

EE_
23rd December 2012, 06:36 AM
They are standard capacity magazines. Those are the magazines that the guns were designed for. Low capacity is what a 10 round magazine is. High capacity would be like a 100 round drum. Don't let the politicians' word games fool you. Take back the words.

By their definition, anything over 10 round is high capacity.
I'm not sure what some of the civillian version of these weapons were designed for?
I agree on the 75 and 100 round drums...same goes for 33 round Glock mags.

madfranks
23rd December 2012, 11:27 AM
There was an editorial in the paper this morning where the guy was opining that while he would be upset to have to get rid of his "assault" rifle, the peace of mind knowing that criminals would no longer have them is worth it. WTF people!!!

collector
23rd December 2012, 11:31 AM
There was an editorial in the paper this morning where the guy was opining that while he would be upset to have to get rid of his "assault" rifle, the peace of mind knowing that criminals would no longer have them is worth it. WTF people!!!

I call BS - if he had any $1,000.00 plus "assault rifles" he wouldn't be so willing to hand them over. That's a fake article designed to make gun owners feel that it's the right thing to do. A pathetic attempt to shape public opinion. Now would be a good time to run some craigslist ads offering to buy evil black rifles before the ban goes into effect ! If sheeple like this guy are legit, he should be happy to take the cash rather than give it up for free to .gov

chad
23rd December 2012, 11:33 AM
i'm reading about how they want to do some national buyback program. yeah, i'm going to sell you my m11 cobray for $200. even retards who don't want the weapons anymore aren't even that stupid.

AndreaGail
23rd December 2012, 11:35 AM
i'm reading about how they want to do some national buyback program. yeah, i'm going to sell you my m11 cobray for $200. even reatrds who don't want the weapons anymore aren't even that stupid.

oh the chutzpah, we are going to "buy back" something that wasnt even ours ::)

chad
23rd December 2012, 11:38 AM
i have this little, shitty jennings j22 that i want to take to a buyback program. after they agree to buy it back, i want to tell the cop to fill out this paperwork, and then he can come back to my house in 3 days and pick it up if he passes my check. i'm almost tempted to make a youtube video of this, it would be awesome. they'd have a milion excuses as to why they don't need to follow the same laws i do.

midnight rambler
23rd December 2012, 12:38 PM
I call BS - if he had any $1,000.00 plus "assault rifles" he wouldn't be so willing to hand them over. That's a fake article designed to make gun owners feel that it's the right thing to do. A pathetic attempt to shape public opinion. Now would be a good time to run some craigslist ads offering to buy evil black rifles before the ban goes into effect ! If sheeple like this guy are legit, he should be happy to take the cash rather than give it up for free to .gov

I have no doubt at all that there are tons of gungrabbers who are now proclaiming to be/masquerading as gunowners and 'NRA members' who support 'common sense gun laws'.

Now would be a good time to run some craigslist ads offering to buy evil black rifles before the ban goes into effect

A CL post that like wouldn't last 5 minutes before it was deleted. I posted under the 'wanted' section that I was a cash buyer for a 'model 12'*, no other description, and my listing was deleted in short order (not in 5 minutes, but a matter of hours). Not once, but several times.

*a model 12 being a Winchester Model 12 shotgun

EE_
23rd December 2012, 01:02 PM
Anyone use http://www.armslist.com/ ?

midnight rambler
23rd December 2012, 01:08 PM

That may be all that's available in some areas, however in Texas we have a couple of sites that have more listings - Texasguntrader.com and southeasttexas.com

Armslist is on the weak side in Texas.

And those in the land of fruits and nuts have calguns

osoab
23rd December 2012, 09:01 PM
I have no doubt at all that there are tons of gungrabbers who are now proclaiming to be/masquerading as gunowners and 'NRA members' who support 'common sense gun laws'.

A CL post that like wouldn't last 5 minutes before it was deleted. I posted under the 'wanted' section that I was a cash buyer for a 'model 12'*, no other description, and my listing was deleted in short order (not in 5 minutes, but a matter of hours). Not once, but several times.

*a model 12 being a Winchester Model 12 shotgun

post it in the sporting section. i have seen many postings in the sporting sections that don't get flagged.

Oh, is the 12 still for sale?

osoab
23rd December 2012, 09:04 PM

I've replied to one ad, no return to my inquiry. Still relatively new and they have a lawsuit against them (bs). I haven't checked out other areas, but the ones I do seem to be picking up the number of offerings, private and ffls.