PDA

View Full Version : Asteroid Apophis to whiz past Earth tonight

Down1
9th January 2013, 01:56 PM
The Slooh Space Camera webcast will begin at 7 p.m. EST (0000 Jan. 10 GMT). The Virtual Telescope webcast will begin an hour later at 8 p.m. EST (0100 GMT). You can watch both live webcasts of asteroid Apophis here on SPACE.com tonight.

Apophis will be just under 9.3 million miles from Earth at the time of tonight’s webcasts, amateur astronomer Gianluca Masi of the Virtual Telescope Project told SPACE.com.

"Alone among all these near-Earth asteroids that have passed our way in recent years, Apophis has generated the most concern worldwide because of its extremely close approach in 2029 and [chances of a] potential impact, albeit small, in 2036," Slooh president Patrick Paolucci said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/01/09/potentially-dangerous-asteroid-apophis-bigger-than-thought-see-it-online/

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/01/09/potentially-dangerous-asteroid-apophis-bigger-than-thought-see-it-online/

Cebu_4_2
9th January 2013, 02:06 PM
Maybe this is the big ride the joos have been waiting for? Lets ship them all off to outerspace.

mick silver
9th January 2013, 03:48 PM
hell they have been spraying here all day long , so i guess i will not be looking tonight

collector
9th January 2013, 03:48 PM
Maybe this is the big ride the joos have been waiting for? Lets ship them all off to outerspace.

I'll get 'em a ticket wholesale - oy vey

mamboni
9th January 2013, 07:19 PM
Where in the night sky should one seek this heavenly rock?

Cebu_4_2
9th January 2013, 08:53 PM
Above the heavily sprayed skies.

General of Darkness
9th January 2013, 08:55 PM
hell they have been spraying here all day long , so i guess i will not be looking tonight

That's funny you mention that. It was really bad today in L.A.

old steel
9th January 2013, 09:27 PM
Been bad around here too the pricks really get around.

Matter of fact i came down last weekend with the weirdest cold i have ever experienced.

No cough or sore throat but full body chills sinuses all plugged up couldn't stop sneezing, eyes watering all the time, no fever.

Maybe i breathed in a real good dose of their spray?