View Full Version : More people on welfare than employed in these 11 states

midnight rambler
13th January 2013, 11:51 PM
Do you live in a death spiral state?

Source:

http://rense.com/1.imagesH/deathspiralsplash.jpg

osoab
14th January 2013, 02:37 AM
I saw this graphic on rense's site. I see no numbers to back up the claims.

midnight rambler
14th January 2013, 06:32 AM
I saw this graphic on rense's site. I see no numbers to back up the claims.

Sorry, forgot to post the source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/baldwin/2012/11/25/do-you-live-in-a-death-spiral-state/

Silver Rocket Bitches!
14th January 2013, 07:00 AM
I wonder how many of those are just gaming the system and how many are in legitimate need of assistance. This entitlement culture we've built up has people looking for any way they can get a free food card from the government and feeling no guilt whatsoever.

mamboni
14th January 2013, 07:27 AM
I wonder how many of those are just gaming the system and how many are in legitimate need of assistance. This entitlement culture we've built up has people looking for any way they can get a free food card from the government and feeling no guilt whatsoever.

Obviously, most are gaming the system. After all, in the old days, we didn't have all these welfare programs and society functioned better. Families took care of their own and a person to the man was embaressed to take public assistance. Today, it is a fricking badge of honor. I know a few people on government tit payments and everyone of them is able bodied and can do some job. But, they do a lot better with the government than they would with pay from a real job. So why work?

sirgonzo420
14th January 2013, 07:39 AM

In Eastern Kentucky, "getting a check" is a way of life.

EE_
14th January 2013, 08:13 AM
Obviously the workers in these states are earning more then enough to cover the costs of welfare recipients.
California's dramatic recover has proven it this week, as an exemplary model for a system that works. Their deficit is gone and they now have a budget surplus. A budget that lives within its means, now and for many years to come.
California should probably be removed from this list.

mick silver
14th January 2013, 08:27 AM
dont f with my free phone

Twisted Titan
14th January 2013, 08:27 AM
I definately knew Mexifornia, Jew York And Crook County IL was going to be on that list

mamboni
14th January 2013, 09:10 AM
Obviously the workers in these states are earning more then enough to cover the costs of welfare recipients.
California's dramatic recover has proven it this week, as an exemplary model for a system that works. Their deficit is gone and they now have a budget surplus. A budget that lives within its means, now and for many years to come.
California should probably be removed from this list.

Did you forget something: /sarc?

vacuum
14th January 2013, 09:16 AM
Rense.com is blocked here...could someone upload the image to an image hosting site?

midnight rambler
14th January 2013, 09:19 AM
Image is of CONUS along with Hawaii and Alaska showing the 11 states in death spiral: CA, HI, NM, OH, MS, AL, IL, SC, KY, NY, ME.

mamboni
14th January 2013, 09:20 AM
Image is of CONUS along with Hawaii and Alaska showing the 11 states in death spiral: CA, HI, NM, NY, MS, AL, IL, SC, KY, NY, ME.

NY is so bad it is listed twice.;D

midnight rambler
14th January 2013, 09:23 AM
NY is so bad it is listed twice.;D

Indeed, it is the heart of Babylon.

hoarder
14th January 2013, 11:40 AM
In Eastern Kentucky, "getting a check" is a way of life.There is a sharp contrast between Kentucky and the other 10 states on that list. Kentucky is 86% White. The others are much darker. What's up with that??

sirgonzo420
14th January 2013, 11:58 AM
There is a sharp contrast between Kentucky and the other 10 states on that list. Kentucky is 86% White. The others are much darker. What's up with that??

In a phrase, "Eastern Kentucky".

In the mountains to the East, the premier industries are coal-mining, welfare, and prescription pain pills - not necessarily in that order.

Here is an article by a working man from Inez, Kentucky: http://voices.yahoo.com/a-time-change-welfare-appalachia-2300760.html?cat=9