PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff in NC says "your fundamental right is not absolute"

midnight rambler
18th January 2013, 04:33 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/11990494/#/vid11990494

Libertytree
18th January 2013, 05:21 PM
Looks like they know who to NOT vote for next time around. They did them a favor by outing themselves.

madfranks
18th January 2013, 06:50 PM
According to him, our God given rights are subject to his whim? What chutzpah!

sirgonzo420
18th January 2013, 06:59 PM
My absolute right is fundamental.

Glass
18th January 2013, 09:51 PM
Aren't sheriffs subject to Recall? The Republics version of Quo Warranto? Show cause as to why you should keep your job.

Hatha Sunahara
18th January 2013, 11:49 PM
WTF does he mean 'Your right isn't absolute."? It either is a right or it isn't. That's pretty absolute to me. But excuse me, I don't think like a cop

And come to think of it, the cops thinking is pretty close to the thinking of the Nazis. Quoting Hermann Goering: "If the Fuhrer wishes it, then 2 times 2 equals five.' This is how an authoritarian thinks. They have abandoned Aristotelian logic. Because their careers demand it. Because they are operated by command and control.

The cop who is confused about rights being absolute is expressing that a 'myth' has changed in his mind. The myth that controlled used to be 'People have rights.' Now that myth is 'People have no rights. The myth comes from the command and control structure. This is what a police state is. It is where the cops believe a different set of myths than do the people. We see it in their behavior. They assume that people cannot or will not control themselves, and they see themselves as the enforcers of conformity and obedience, and the law doesn't really mean much because they are going to obey the orders of their superiors. And so the cop can see it down the road that he will be ordered to confiscate guns, and he's trying to justify to himself why he should follow this order. So, he denies that you have an absolute right to own a gun to justify following illegal orders.

It is truly helpful to get some understanding of the authoritarian mind. Such an understanding is very useful in reassuring you that it is not you who is insane. Many years ago I read a book called The Ominous Parallels, by Leonard Piekoff who is an Objectivist Philosopher a la Ayn Rand. It is a description of differeng philosophies that drove thinking in America and Nazi Germany. He has a riveting chapter in this book called Hitler's War on Reason. The complete rejection of Aristotelian logic, and replacing it with whatever the Fuhrer wishes. I watched that cop in the vid on the OP, and my mind immediately flashed to this description of authoritarian thinking. And how it differs from normal thinking. And how it is a conduit for evil. I hope I'm not being too tough on that cop.

Hatha

Twisted Titan
19th January 2013, 02:50 AM
My absolute right is fundamental.

And your Firearms is what gives that Logical statement its Teeth.

palani
19th January 2013, 04:56 AM
Aren't sheriffs subject to Recall? The Republics version of Quo Warranto? Show cause as to why you should keep your job.

In the case of the sheriff you direct the quo warranto to the coroner. [Don't interpret this to be a political statement. The coroner is the top dog over the sheriff]

palani
19th January 2013, 05:00 AM
WTF does he mean 'Your right isn't absolute."? It either is a right or it isn't. That's pretty absolute to me. But excuse me, I don't think like a cop
There is no right to carry any weapon. Weapons and firearms are viewed as offensive objects.

The absolute right is that you may defend yourself and you may use any arm in the protection of this right.

The same object that they describe as 'weapon' you must timely object to and say 'this is not a weapon. it is an arm by which i intend to protect any trespass on my life'

Twisted Titan
19th January 2013, 06:18 AM
In the case of the sheriff you direct the quo warranto to the coroner. [Don't interpret this to be a political statement. The coroner is the top dog over the sheriff]

How the hell does a Coroner top a sherriff?

I guess his report is what validates or invalidates a cops action?

Carl
19th January 2013, 06:30 AM
Did anybody else notice the sheriff called the constitution "Dead Men's Law"?

sunshine05
19th January 2013, 07:02 AM
This is the county that I live in, the same one where the railroading of an innocent man occurred. It's really bad here.

Horn
19th January 2013, 07:34 AM
That Sheriff must play the Redcoat side when they put on Revolutionary War reenactments.

palani
19th January 2013, 07:48 AM

http://books.google.com/books?id=Xs0zAQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=coroner+duties&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Xr36UIrECsXb2AXJ9YCQCA&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=coroner%20duties&f=false

Recommend reading chapter V under Coroner "Execution of process where sheriffs are parties"

BarnkleBob
19th January 2013, 08:18 AM
Here ya go.... Supreme Court of Tenn 1871 nails it correctly... whatever ya do, read this case: Andrews v. State, 50 Tenn. 165 (1871)

BrewTech
19th January 2013, 08:46 AM
A right that is not absolute is simply a granted privilege, subject to revocation at whim.

If the State's authority is absolute (as this guy implies) that why even mention "rights"?

BarnkleBob
19th January 2013, 09:19 AM
There is NO SUCH THING as an absolute RIGHT in ANY Society because "with every right there is a responsibility." Now go read Andrews v. State (1871) and learn about the cause of the Sheriffs interpretation...

Horn
19th January 2013, 09:34 AM
There is NO SUCH THING as an absolute RIGHT in ANY Society because "with every right there is a responsibility." Now go read Andrews v. State (1871) and learn about the cause of the Sheriffs interpretation...

SAME. Same. Right to keep and use. The citizen has, at all times, the right to keep the arms of modern warfare, and to use them in such manner as they may be capable of being used, without annoyance and hurt to others, in order that he may be trained and efficient in their use.

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/bardwell/andrews_v_state.txt

Where's my baby nuke?

govcheetos
19th January 2013, 09:39 AM

Palani is correct, the coroner can arrest the sheriff.