PDA

View Full Version : Assault Weapon Ban is Unconstitutional

Norweger
30th January 2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KpPmZto4wQ

The Supreme Court tells us that we have a right to own firearms commonly used by the militia/military. This ruling was part of the Miller decision: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller

Any future AWB's (assault weapons ban) could be challenged in court and given the rulings already made by the SCOTUS could be shot down.

We can stop the new AWB from becoming law if we write our representatives now.

midnight rambler
30th January 2013, 02:03 PM
Correct, however the biggest threat I see at this time is the proposed "universal background check" which amounts to 'asking permission' from a central govt. which could deny one AT ANY TIME ARBITRARILY.

madfranks
30th January 2013, 02:51 PM
I agree with MR, the universal background check seems like a "no big deal", "reasonable" law, however it would utterly DESTROY private party gun sales across the country.

LuckyStrike
30th January 2013, 07:59 PM
Oh it's "unconstitutional" thank goodness. I was worried for a second.

Ares
30th January 2013, 08:03 PM
The Supreme Court tells us that we have a right to own firearms commonly used by the militia/military

That ruling is such bullshit, sawed off shot guns, select fire weapons, explosives, surface to air missiles. Are you or any militia able to get any of these "legally"? Didn't think so.

Our rights to be on even footing with the government has been hindered since 1934. Gun control, is nothing more than control.

Norweger
30th January 2013, 08:13 PM
Oh it's "unconstitutional" thank goodness. I was worried for a second.

He-he. ikr? as if the constitution matters for the judicial system.

The judeomasonic ptb shows its true face when it comes to gun laws all over the west. We have a law that forbids house-inquisitions except for in criminal cases.. meaning you have to be a suspect in a crime, but the Norwegian equivalent of the supreme court decided that it doesn't apply when dealing with legally acquired weapons in one case some years ago and because of that case they now apply it for all of us referring to that one case. So the way i take it they consider us as criminals for owning firearms.

We have also had several well financed "weapon amnesties" over the last decades so its kinda obvious what they are up to.

Shami-Amourae
30th January 2013, 09:26 PM
The ban on full-auto rifles is unconstitutional. That went through. I don't hear people complaining about that. If they can pass it, people will accept it over time.

It's like with the TSA. When it first went into place people demonstrated and threw a hissy fit, but now it's totally normal for 4 year old boys to be groped by grown men.

Hatha Sunahara
31st January 2013, 09:03 AM
The ban on full-auto rifles is unconstitutional. That went through. I don't hear people complaining about that. If they can pass it, people will accept it over time.

It's like with the TSA. When it first went into place people demonstrated and threw a hissy fit, but now it's totally normal for 4 year old boys to be groped by grown men.

Boiling Frogs comes to mind here.

Hatha