PDA

View Full Version : guy selling silver dollars for 99 cents (no takers)

Large Sarge
13th February 2013, 12:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z7usCHnZ-8c

Serpo
13th February 2013, 12:45 PM
The ignorance is overwhelming and the only one buying the coin was European,,,,,,,,,,,,

willie pete
13th February 2013, 12:54 PM
of course I would've bought all he had at that price, I'm surprised not one, except the European, on the video would even give him a dollar for it, even if it's fake it'd be worth a dollar ::)

chad
13th February 2013, 12:55 PM
this why you aren't trading or bartering with your PMs after the big crash. cases of mountain dew and cheetos will work better.

JohnQPublic
13th February 2013, 12:57 PM
this why you aren't trading or bartering with your PMs after the big crash. cases of mountain dew and cheetos will work better.

Initially, perhaps.

Serpo
13th February 2013, 01:00 PM
Initially, perhaps.

Yea until they are all eaten

gunDriller
13th February 2013, 01:50 PM

or cases of bottled water and 5 gallon cans of gas and diesel.

as long as they don't know where your stash is. :)

Neuro
13th February 2013, 01:58 PM
Probably better not to try and trade at all, if you can avoid it... Some may have no qualms about killing you for Cheetos!

Shami-Amourae
13th February 2013, 02:16 PM

Don't hate the message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QRQmi9Uc1A

madfranks
13th February 2013, 02:36 PM
I knew it was Mark Dice the moment I saw the thread title! Ha ha, I love the guy who was like "getting a dollar for 99 cents is just one penny, it's not worth the hassle", LOL!

BTW, he must be doing really well, he looks like he's gained some weight since his last video posting.

madfranks
13th February 2013, 02:41 PM
Also, it was funny how he got all visibly upset when someone actually took him up on the offer, purely for novelty's sake, not because of any actual information regarding the value of the silver.

VX1
13th February 2013, 04:09 PM
I would have hoped all those older people would have known better. Sheesh, telemarketers can sell 'em a timeshare on the moon, but they're too smart to fall for the ol' "trade debt paper for money" scam.

joboo
14th February 2013, 02:15 AM
He should have phrased it also as "would you like to buy one ounce of silver for a dollar" to see if it elicited a different reaction, rather than "would you like to buy a dollar for a dollar"

Uncle Salty
14th February 2013, 06:15 AM
I would love to run into this dude and play dumb and get him to commit to selling me about ten of them for ten bucks and then watch him panic as I pull out ten dollars to take delivery.

willie pete
14th February 2013, 06:22 AM
I would love to run into this dude and play dumb and get him to commit to selling me about ten of them for ten bucks and then watch him panic as I pull out ten dollars to take delivery.

he was pulling this same stunt with a 1 Oz GAE or Maple Leaf, that's when I'd like to run into him and take 'em all.....of course these vids have been edited so you'd likely never see it

sirgonzo420
14th February 2013, 06:25 AM

If I see this dude, I'm gonna back up the truck.

woodman
14th February 2013, 06:30 AM
he was pulling this same stunt with a 1 Oz GAE or Maple Leaf, that's when I'd like to run into him and take 'em all.....of course these vids have been edited so you'd likely never see it

willie pete, I have to admit, I clicked on this thread because I saw you were the last reply. I was not so interested in your post as I was to take a quick peek at your avatar. She's a beauty.

As to the OP, it is a sign of two things. Firstly, most of the populace is totally ignorant of the value of silver as aptly shown and secondly, most everyone is wary of being scammed, which is prevalent in our society.

madfranks
14th February 2013, 07:28 AM

Initially, perhaps.

Most people don't understand how silver or gold works, but they do have a working understanding of MONEY. To them though, money is FRNs, paper tickets and token coins. If the dollar collapses and there is nothing to take it's place, quickly, very quickly, those who are willing and able will trade with and introduce silver coins back into the economy to be used as money. If a critical mass of people realize that silver coins are still "spendable" unlike the dead paper dollar, then you would be surprised how fast silver and gold coins would be accepted as money.

joboo
14th February 2013, 11:20 AM
There's no denying a lot of people have no idea when it comes to PM's, but I would like to see Mark approach people without shoving props (or preps ;) ) in their face.

Ask the question "would you like to win an ounce of gold/silver by guessing it's price?" If they say yes, then take it out, and let them hold it instead of directly waving it right in their face with a sales pitch.

It would help to engage instead of repel, and also educate.

mamboni
14th February 2013, 12:01 PM
There's no denying a lot of people have no idea when it comes to PM's, but I would like to see Mark approach people without shoving props (or preps ;) ) in their face.

Ask the question "would you like to win an ounce of gold/silver by guessing it's price?" If they say yes, then take it out, and let them hold it instead of directly waving it right in their face with a sales pitch.

It would help to engage instead of repel, and also educate.

You're admonishing others to engage and not repel? LOL I think I've now heard it all.

joboo
14th February 2013, 01:02 PM
You're admonishing others to engage and not repel? LOL I think I've now heard it all.

A few cracked eggs in a dozen does not ruin the omelet.