PDA

View Full Version : Colorado House of Representin' passes gun control

midnight rambler
18th February 2013, 07:08 PM
Bill requires background checks on ALL transfers, buyers to pay for their own background check. Nice. Should kick off the black market in guns.

Nothing mentioned about the Colorado Senate.

http://news.yahoo.com/colo-house-passes-gun-control-measures-211816177.html

Uncle Salty
18th February 2013, 07:38 PM
Senate still needs to vote.

Fucking pussies. But then again, with Columbine and Aurora, the mind can easily be warped.

Twisted Titan
18th February 2013, 08:13 PM
T he proposed ammunition restrictions limit magazines to 15 rounds for firearms, and eight for shotguns.

Im surprised they didnt take it down to three.

madfranks
19th February 2013, 08:06 AM
Regarding universal background checks for private sales, what's stopping people from simply conducting the transaction like normal, and then if ever questioned, saying they either bought it in pre-background check days, or in another state?

I can see an undercover cop trying to conduct a private party gun sale with the pitch I just gave above and then arresting the person. Yep, they're making criminals out of all of us.

And regarding the magazine ban, there's a manufacturing company in Colorado that makes magazines, yes more than 15 rounds, and this law would immediately make them a criminal organization.

Twisted Titan
19th February 2013, 08:15 AM
I dunno

The Glock store is based in California and i can go on thier website and order 33rd mags

Go figure.
http://www.glockstore.com/

midnight rambler
19th February 2013, 08:17 AM
what's stopping people from simply conducting the transaction like normal, and then if ever questioned, saying they either bought it in pre-background check days, or in another state?

Take for instance Party A goes to a FFL and purchases a new gun (which can be tracked from the manufacturer->the distributor->the FFL). At some point in the future Party A conducts a black market transaction (doesn't do the mandatory background check) with Party B. Subsequent to that Party B comes to the attention of LE (could be something as simple as a traffic stop/search) in possession of the gun which Party A initially purchased. LE traces the gun back to Party A. There were be no record of a background check on the gun (bearing in mind that one of the stated goals is to keep a database of all gun transactions in order to 'track the guns') and Party A would not have reported it stolen, so at the very least Party A would likely become a felon* since he/she became 'an offender'.

*meaning no longer able to own guns, so yeah, their ultimate goal is to make criminals out of all of us

Twisted Titan
19th February 2013, 09:15 AM
Alot of flat foots are going to be filling out alot of stolen gun reports

midnight rambler
19th February 2013, 09:40 AM
Alot of flat foots are going to be filling out alot of stolen gun reports

Consider this: one falls out of favor with the party which controls the 'background check database' (perhaps for simply questioning 'the official narrative' about something, say S-11) - WHY would one want to draw attention to one's self as a 'gun owner' and pop up on the radar for further scrutiny?? Then, if one could not pass a 'background check' one couldn't own ANY guns.

madfranks
19th February 2013, 10:00 AM
Take for instance Party A goes to a FFL and purchases a new gun (which can be tracked from the manufacturer->the distributor->the FFL). At some point in the future Party A conducts a black market transaction (doesn't do the mandatory background check) with Party B. Subsequent to that Party B comes to the attention of LE (could be something as simple as a traffic stop/search) in possession of the gun which Party A initially purchased. LE traces the gun back to Party A. There were be no record of a background check on the gun (bearing in mind that one of the stated goals is to keep a database of all gun transactions in order to 'track the guns') and Party A would not have reported it stolen, so at the very least Party A would likely become a felon* since he/she became 'an offender'.

*meaning no longer able to own guns, so yeah, their ultimate goal is to make criminals out of all of us

Why can't Party A simply say "I sold the gun in Wyoming" where background checks are not required for private party sales?

osoab
19th February 2013, 10:05 AM
Why can't Party A simply say "I sold the gun in Wyoming" where background checks are not required for private party sales?

You cannot sell across State lines without going through a FFL.

madfranks
19th February 2013, 12:45 PM
Well that sucks. I can imagine this is going to be very frustrating for folks living out in the mountains or far out east where they're a hundred miles from a gun shop.