PDA

View Full Version : The inside scoop on why James Holmes didn't kill more people

midnight rambler
20th February 2013, 07:20 AM
I recently spoke with someone in the gun biz who happens to know people inside the Arapahoe County S.O. They advised him that James Holmes would have killed and injured more people if his AR had not jammed repeatedly. The reason for it jamming repeatedly - he was shooting steel cased ammo and the drum mag he used was a Korean knock-off of the Beta mag. (I didn't get to broach the notion of more than one shooter with this guy 'cause he was a real yakker and I could hardly get a word in edgewise)

Ares
20th February 2013, 07:28 AM
Not a surprise. I've read other reports of issues of running steal cased ammo through the AR platform. Why I'll only use brass. I've pumped probably 1000+ rounds through it since I've owned it and not once has it jammed. But I also make sure to clean it every time I get back from the range.

sirgonzo420
20th February 2013, 07:33 AM
If one wants something that handles steel-cased ammo without a problem, go with an AK.

Also, for whatever reason, my gut has kept me away from Korean-made mags.

JDRock
20th February 2013, 08:04 AM
maybe because he was drugged and sitting in a car outside the theatre when it happened.....

midnight rambler
20th February 2013, 09:49 AM
maybe because he was drugged and sitting in a car outside the theatre when it happened.....

The thing is, we just don't know for sure what happened. It strikes me that a 'pro' wouldn't make those two mistakes.

osoab
20th February 2013, 09:56 AM
The thing is, we just don't know for sure what happened. It strikes me that a 'pro' wouldn't make those two mistakes.

Your OP has just about every gun-grabbers dream. Imported ammo, imported magazine, large capacity drum magazine, and a scary black rifle.

midnight rambler
20th February 2013, 10:15 AM
Your OP has just about every gun-grabbers dream. Imported ammo, imported magazine, large capacity drum magazine, and a scary black rifle.

Yeah, but you forgot to mention 'COMPLETELY UNREGULATED BULK INTERNET/MAIL ORDER AMMUNITION SALES!!!!!!!!!'

Horn
20th February 2013, 10:32 AM
I recently spoke with someone in the gun biz

Was this guy a representative for a brass ammo. distributor, was there evidence to the shells?

PatColo
22nd February 2013, 03:03 PM
Holmes was such a nice young patsy, too!

JAMES HOLMES LECTURES AT SCIENCE SUMMER CAMP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjfrtBNq_s4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjfrtBNq_s4