PDA

View Full Version : What To Do When Denied A Permit ....

palani
21st February 2013, 04:23 AM
to build a shelter for his horses ... this farmer decided to build a table and chairs instead (no permit required for furniture).

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mpzq7l.jpg

sirgonzo420
21st February 2013, 05:53 AM
He could have had furniture that looked like the shelter he originally wanted.

Cool picture, but to compromise is to be compromised.

palani
21st February 2013, 06:49 AM
A man got a permit to harvest firewood from a national forest. On checking the forest service found he had constructed a log cabin and they nailed him on it. His response? "Is there anything in the permit that states how I must stack my firewood?"

palani
21st February 2013, 06:52 AM
to compromise is to be compromised.

He chose to seek a permit and was denied. He could have chosen instead to just put up the building he needed and fight the battle afterwards with the bureaucrats. When you apply for a benefit (permission) you lose the right.

Ponce
21st February 2013, 08:03 AM
Or he could have gotten himself a land patent......even if my tax part is no good the rest of it is and I can build whatever I want without a permit.

First usefull post of the day :).........foggy morning to one and all.

V

TheNocturnalEgyptian
21st February 2013, 12:15 PM
At the end of the day, results are what matter.

Take the ego out of it and you shall go further.

vacuum
21st February 2013, 12:19 PM
He should have applied for grant money for putting in modern art.

Ponce
21st February 2013, 12:24 PM
We do a store next to the freeway that all that they do is furniture, at their front yard they have six very very very large chairs one on top of the other one........very hard to miss from the freeway.

V

zap
21st February 2013, 12:41 PM
I can't see the picture just a little box?

palani
21st February 2013, 02:52 PM
Pictures turned off?

Right click on box, select copy url .... past it in the box at the top of your browser and press return.

zap
21st February 2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks Palani.

Serpo
22nd February 2013, 12:46 AM
Where I am at the moment we have to work around the permit issue on this land we own collectivity. By getting a permit we get to pay a rate bill ,but by not getting a permit we can use a house truck/yurt/shepherds hut ect which when they are on fantastic land with fantastic views which most people wouldnt believe are quite OK and get a small rate bill.This is where i am at the moment and I prefer it to normal living.