PDA

View Full Version : Got a stupid call today

zap
22nd February 2013, 07:55 PM
So I was in the shop today bending metal , had to stop everything I was doing and answer the damn phone, the guy had a Indian accent and said,"Hello my name is such and such and I am from Microsoft your computer is generating abnormal signals to our company in the middle of the night," Really? " I said, so where are you from ," he said Microsoft, then he demands me to," Go turn your computer on, I said, " I am in the shop and I don't have time for your bullshit .

"Go turn your computer on he demanded,"

I said.. " Who are you" and he repeated who he was. Then I said " Ok whats my name?" he couldn't answer.

I then told him he was a POS and hung up on him, pissed me off, really you think I am that stupid?

Any- how I bet alot of folks would have followed his orders, cause they won't think for themselves and he made himself out to be a Authority Figure.

Oh and my computer was already on.

ImaCannin
22nd February 2013, 07:58 PM
delete

Rubicon
22nd February 2013, 07:58 PM
Diversity is strength, they said.

Dogman
22nd February 2013, 08:04 PM
Grab your shovel, one never can know about these so called elephant driver IT tech's.

Something for sure does not sound right, Demanding you do something? And the swami could not tell you already had the dam thing on? (know how you feel about tech) ;D

So much for customer relations! :)

freespirit
22nd February 2013, 08:26 PM
Zap, I got a similar call about a month ago. The guy was giving me the same spiel until I told him it was impossible since none of the active computers in the house ran windows. We all have macs except the wife and hers wasn't connected to the net at all. Lol

Cebu_4_2
22nd February 2013, 08:51 PM
I have a really cool feature on my phone that lets you save the number and put it on block. Soon as the caller ID sees it it sends some signal or something making the sending computer think it's a bad number. I don't remember how or what it does but it works. Panasonic kx-tg7621, go look it up.

zap
22nd February 2013, 08:58 PM
I have no available standard phone lines here ,everything is sent to my cell phone,when weird or unknown prefixes, area codes, I know they are a salesman, or wrong number.

Ponce
22nd February 2013, 09:00 PM
When that happens to me I tell them......"Just a minute please, let me call my dad"...and go back to my comp.

V

joboo
22nd February 2013, 09:43 PM
I have a really cool feature on my phone that lets you save the number and put it on block. Soon as the caller ID sees it it sends some signal or something making the sending computer think it's a bad number. I don't remember how or what it does but it works. Panasonic kx-tg7621, go look it up.

Obama phone...

Cebu_4_2
22nd February 2013, 11:31 PM
Obama phone...

That too but it stopped working and don't block numbers.

Twisted Titan
23rd February 2013, 03:46 AM
Just a sec...let me finish oiling the last of guns and a quick once over of my hunting gear.

Now what is it you want me to do?

woodman
23rd February 2013, 04:45 AM
Ask them their business and when you know they are a pest, you punish them. Just say, can you hold while I get the lady of the house and then set the phone down and let them wait until they finally hang up.