PDA

View Full Version : Cold Steel SRK survival knife

Hitch
23rd February 2013, 03:43 PM
I'm extremely impressed with this knife. It has that out of the box "wow" factor, and really seems indestructible. It is also extremely sharp and passed the arm hair shave test with easy. The sheath is very well made and fits the knife perfectly. When locked in the sheath, you absolutely know it will not accidentally come out.

I bought the one in vg1 stainless. It was $100 shipped to my door.

Here's a video and review of this knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i6gIz95ciQ

Glass
24th February 2013, 06:06 PM
Do you know whether the handle incorporates a full tang? It doesn't look like it and the product description doesn't say. Is the steel radioactive in anyway being Japanese steel?

Hitch
24th February 2013, 08:25 PM
Do you know whether the handle incorporates a full tang? It doesn't look like it and the product description doesn't say. Is the steel radioactive in anyway being Japanese steel?

This knife does have a full tang. I don't know about the radiation however. My hands still work though. :)

Glass
24th February 2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks for that. I liked the thickness of the blade. I have a SOG blade which I like a lot. I think the blade is a bit thinner on that one compared to the CS blade.

Hitch
24th February 2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks for that. I liked the thickness of the blade. I have a SOG blade which I like a lot. I think the blade is a bit thinner on that one compared to the CS blade.

This knife has a very thick strong feel to it. I'm not a knife expert, but holding this knife in my hand I can feel the confidence.

I bought this knife to carry on me at work. The old timers tell me carry a good knife because it can save your life. I keep a normal serrated edge knife for normal work tasks. This knife I will not pull out unless my life is on the line. Just wearing it makes me comfortable. It's my shtf work knife, you could say.