PDA

View Full Version : 13 year old girl with guns

Cebu_4_2
25th February 2013, 10:59 AM
Now this is exactly why they don't want kids to play with guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8VmJRuBFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8VmJRuBFY

midnight rambler
25th February 2013, 12:18 PM
Excellent, a daughter any MAN would be proud of.

Dogman
25th February 2013, 12:39 PM
She was kicking ass and taking names.

Bravo!

Ares
25th February 2013, 01:56 PM
Can't wait to teach my daughter to shoot. :)

Glass
25th February 2013, 02:43 PM
very excellent good except she didn't visual the chamber..... did she do it by feel? Let's look at that again.

joboo
25th February 2013, 02:48 PM
I caught this a few weeks ago. Nice performance for her age group.

Dogman
25th February 2013, 02:51 PM
very excellent good except she didn't visual the chamber..... did she do it by feel? Let's look at that again.

She did not, she showed the gun to the range official and he declared the gun clear as she pulled back the slide.

Which IMO is wrong she should have also checked it herself.

Sparky
25th February 2013, 06:53 PM
She did not, she showed the gun to the range official and he declared the gun clear as she pulled back the slide.

Which IMO is wrong she should have also checked it herself.

This is a timed competition. Would it appropriate for her to have taken the time to visually clear it herself first?

Dogman
25th February 2013, 06:58 PM
This is a timed competition. Would it appropriate for her to have taken the time to clear it herself first?

Good question, I have never shot that kind of course and have not a clue of the rules. But it seems that the range official who is also the timer would be the one to verify that the gun was clear. That would save time and also she did have an eye lock on him as she cleared her weapon.

So it is very likely that is why she did not look at her gun as she cleared it, eye contact with the official signifying she was finished???

Glass
25th February 2013, 06:59 PM
This is a timed competition. Would it appropriate for her to have taken the time to clear it herself first?

The Range Marshall is always going to visually clear the competitors firearm at the end of their course anyway. Thats their job. The shooter is also a junior and my guess they are probably used to being closely coached or supervised. Perhaps it's reflex to show the firearm to her father, coach, whom ever at the end of a pass.

Just a small thing but worth making it a habit now. No doubt the girls got talent, is comitted and that is good to see. I've said before, women make excellent competitive shooters.

Sparky
25th February 2013, 07:39 PM
The Range Marshall is always going to visually clear the competitors firearm at the end of their course anyway. Thats their job. The shooter is also a junior and my guess they are probably used to being closely coached or supervised. Perhaps it's reflex to show the firearm to her father, coach, whom ever at the end of a pass.

Just a small thing but worth making it a habit now. No doubt the girls got talent, is comitted and that is good to see. I've said before, women make excellent competitive shooters.

But maybe they specifically train you to finish the competition that way to minimize your time, and she's just following training. She may be very disciplined about visual clearing when off the competitive course. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt!

Twisted Titan
26th February 2013, 12:33 AM
That Young lady has better handeling and target control then over half of the LAPD that almost shot up half of California looking for one man

mick silver
26th February 2013, 07:36 AM
here we have shot gun classes for the kids and gun safety , i think all school should have they classes . so a kid can learn right from wrong