PDA

View Full Version : Bernanke tells world "Cyprus style confiscation on the table for U.S." (holy shit!)

Large Sarge
20th March 2013, 12:36 PM
http://networkedblogs.com/JthAP

Cebu_4_2
20th March 2013, 12:41 PM
Bernanke States Cyprus Style Depositor Haircuts Possible in US if Events in Europe Become Contagious!

March 20, 2013 By The Doc (http://www.silverdoctors.com/members/the-doc/profile/)

(http://sdbullion.com/)

*BREAKING*
At this afternoon’s FOMC Press Conference, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke just confirmed that Cyprus style depositor haircut wealth confiscation is possible here in the US “if the Cyprus event or another event in Europe were to become contagious and the people lose confidence in the US dollar”.
And there you have it. The entire Cyprus fiasco is now officially on the table when the financial crisis escalates here in the US!!
GOT PHYZZ??

At 3:18 PM EST Bernanke was asked:
Would a seizure happen to US depositors as in Cyprus, if the economy gets worse?
Beranke’s response: Only if the Cyprus event or another event in Europe were to become contagious and the people lose confidence in the US dollar.
And there you have it. The entire Cyprus fiasco is now officially on the table when the financial crisis escalates here in the US!!

Large Sarge
20th March 2013, 12:45 PM
bank runs worldwide!

Jewboo
20th March 2013, 01:13 PM
bank runs worldwide!

http://theswash.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/SAM_4452.JPG.jpeg

They have been planning this for years. Bernanke will alert Homeland Security 24-hours before he turns off all our ATM machines.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/07/17/Bernanke_620x350.jpg

He is just waiting for that last billion rounds of domestic ammo they ordered.

madfranks
20th March 2013, 01:19 PM
From the article:

Beranke’s translated response: Only if the Cyprus event or another event in Europe were to become contagious and the people lose confidence in the US dollar.

So what's with this "translated response"? I suspect someone is having fun making Bernanke say something he probably didn't say. I checked, transcripts for today's FOMC conference haven't been issued, but when they are, I wonder what he really said?

gunDriller
20th March 2013, 01:49 PM
So what's with this "translated response"?

more US gov. code.

sort of like "New World Order" actually stands for "Jew World Order".

Horn
20th March 2013, 02:28 PM
What are dey gonna scare pension plans from being regularly disbursed? ppftt lol

Carl
20th March 2013, 07:39 PM
I don't know what the big deal is, there's no "money" in anyone's bank account anyway. And why would they need to steal digits, they can create as many of those as they want.

Insane people doing insane things to save an insane system that's too insane to save....

Carl
20th March 2013, 07:43 PM
Can you believe it, I just noticed this:

http://gold-silver.us/forum/image.php?u=3543&dateline=1363584311

Too Funny....

mamboni
20th March 2013, 07:52 PM
Whether by inflation, devaluation, taxation or forced nationalization (i.e. compelled conversion of private pension assets into US Treasuries) the government is going to take your paper holdings in time. It is inevitable and inescapable. They are broke. Your paper is denominated in dollars, the common stock of their bankrupt corporation. The only tangible wealth that will be safe from government's insatiable appetite for private wealth will be tangible assets held privately, secretly, safely outside of the banking and financial systems. These include physical gold, silver, certain collectables and firearms, ammunition, and other items of durable value. The Cypress situation should be viewed in very simple terms for it's implications: in extremis, a government can take wahtever it wants, and the nuances of the law and your rights be damned. That is the cold hard reality. Ignore it at your own peril.

Jewboo
20th March 2013, 09:36 PM
With banks now paying basically NO interest on deposits why would any sane person even park money in a bank?

???

Shami-Amourae
20th March 2013, 09:49 PM
With banks now paying basically NO interest on deposits why would any sane person even park money in a bank?

???

Because you need to make many payments with cards and checks (bills, online purchases, and so forth.) Why do you think people like me are trying to promote Bitcoin so badly? I try to keep as little of my wealth in the bank as possible. Then again I think mostly everyone on this forum follows this strategy.

Dogman
20th March 2013, 09:58 PM
I think the bitcoin thing is more of a local thing, most of those foke at the epicenter have not a clue of what bitcoins are.

Shami-Amourae
20th March 2013, 10:00 PM
I think the bitcoin thing is more of a local thing, most of those foke at the epicenter have not a clue of what bitcoins are.

I'm trying to promote the concept of cryptocurrencies in general. I don't believe Bitcoin itself is the solution, but the idea and concept of it is the correct path to being free from the banksters/government.

Dogman
20th March 2013, 10:08 PM
I'm trying to promote the concept of cryptocurrencies in general. I don't believe Bitcoin itself is the solution, but the idea and concept of it is the correct path to being free from the banksters/government. Good luck my friend, some may buy into it, but cash or its equivenlent rules in the old countrys..

scuse my sorry spelling

in my sorry openion

Horn
20th March 2013, 11:52 PM
Because you need to make many payments with cards and checks (bills, online purchases, and so forth.)

I wonder if you bounced a check due to Bernanke withdrawing over your head,

would the bank charge a insufficient funds fee? :)

mick silver
21st March 2013, 10:36 AM
we all have talk about this over the years . most thought it was years away but i think it closer then i would like to see this happen . something is wrong and the ones in power know this . you guys remeber the meeting they had a few years back and ron paul didnt go to because he said he would have to tell the ones that voted for him what was said at that meeting , well well could this been about whats to come here

vacuum
21st March 2013, 03:47 PM
From the article:

Beranke’s translated response: Only if the Cyprus event or another event in Europe were to become contagious and the people lose confidence in the US dollar.

So what's with this "translated response"? I suspect someone is having fun making Bernanke say something he probably didn't say. I checked, transcripts for today's FOMC conference haven't been issued, but when they are, I wonder what he really said?

Did this ever get verified?

Son-of-Liberty
21st March 2013, 08:20 PM
I don't think so. At least I haven't come across anything. I swear in the last few days I have seen more unverified crap then usual.

General of Darkness
21st March 2013, 08:52 PM
We will never be free while zionists and their crypto lapdogs have breath in their lungs.

Carl
21st March 2013, 09:30 PM
If you think about it, it's a really stupid notion. I mean, what would they be confiscating? Digits that represent a promise to pay FRNs, and by law, they're not even money! The only reason those digits act like any type of currency or hold any value is because they are tied to an asset, the depositors! You take them from the depositors and they are no longer tied to that provenance, that value, they become nothing more than numbers on a piece of paper!

You see what I mean, insane...

Serpo
22nd March 2013, 02:12 AM
From the article:

people lose confidence in the US dollar........hahaha

Serpo
22nd March 2013, 02:17 AM
Good luck my friend, some may buy into it, but cash or its equivenlent rules in the old countrys..

scuse my sorry spelling

in my sorry openion

great format dogman ,terrible spelling though...hehe

Carl
22nd March 2013, 05:09 AM
If you think about it, it's a really stupid notion. I mean, what would they be confiscating? Digits that represent a promise to pay FRNs, and by law, they're not even money! The only reason those digits act like any type of currency or hold any value is because they are tied to an asset, the depositors! You take them from the depositors and they are no longer tied to that provenance, that value, they become nothing more than numbers on a piece of paper!

That was a silly comment; the digits are attached to the word "Dollar", not to anything tangible like an asset or even a piece of paper.

Silly me, I keep forgetting the true depths of the insanity we're dealing with....

Bigjon
22nd March 2013, 08:29 AM
That was a silly comment; the digits are attached to the word "Dollar", not to anything tangible like an asset or even a piece of paper.

Silly me, I keep forgetting the true depths of the insanity we're dealing with....

You have never written a check, Carl? They come in any amount right up to millions.

Uncle Salty
22nd March 2013, 09:11 AM

These digits still buy me groceries and gasoline. They pay my rent. They buy me clothes.

Try using an ounce of silver to buy groceries at Whole Foods.

Fiat and digital currencies are here to stay.

Just separate them from

store of value.

Carl
22nd March 2013, 10:28 AM
You have never written a check, Carl? They come in any amount right up to millions. Not since the 70's. And, what does that have to do with the subject?

Bigjon
22nd March 2013, 10:30 AM
Not since the 70's. And, what does that have to do with the subject?

You are complaining that there is no way to spend those worthless digits, that I have no problem spending.

Carl
22nd March 2013, 10:55 AM
These digits still buy me groceries and gasoline. They pay my rent. They buy me clothes.

Try using an ounce of silver to buy groceries at Whole Foods.

Fiat and digital currencies are here to stay.

Just separate them from

store of value.
I think you missed the point. Digital currencies have to be tied to an asset. That asset can either be a credit, such as you and your deposits in a bank, or you and a debt. If they are attached to neither, then they are just numbers. All the currency digits issued by banks are the bank's debt, whether they are listed as credit or debt. Here's the neat thing about the system; in a credit currency collapse, banks are the first to bankrupt. This means that the digits that populated your bank account, the ones you use buy your groceries and gasoline, to pay rent and to buy your clothes goes "POOF!" with the bank. They defaulted upon their fiduciary responsibility to you, leaving you with no means to buy your groceries and gasoline, to pay rent and to buy your clothes. It is the bank's fault you can't pay your bills. For people under mortgage, they can't make their note payments. What's the neat thing about that you may wonder, well I'll tell you. By all rights it should be the people suing the banks for their failure and the resulting deprivation of the financial means to meet their (the people's) needs and obligations but instead, the government sides with the banks who then go about suing and foreclosing on the people for failing to meet their obligations! Now, isn't that a marvelous way to do business!

Bigjon
22nd March 2013, 11:10 AM
I think you missed the point. Digital currencies have to be tied to an asset. That asset can either be a credit, such as you and your deposits in a bank, or you and a debt. If they are attached to neither, then they are just numbers. All the currency digits issued by banks are the bank's debt, whether they are listed as credit or debt. Here's the neat thing about the system; in a credit currency collapse, banks are the first to bankrupt. This means that the digits that populated your bank account, the ones you use buy your groceries and gasoline, to pay rent and to buy your clothes goes "POOF!" with the bank. They defaulted upon their fiduciary responsibility to you, leaving you with no means to buy your groceries and gasoline, to pay rent and to buy your clothes. It is the bank's fault you can't pay your bills. For people under mortgage, they can't make their note payments. What's the neat thing about that you may wonder, well I'll tell you. By all rights it should be the people suing the banks for their failure and the resulting deprivation of the financial means to meet their (the people's) needs and obligations but instead, the government sides with the banks who then go about suing and foreclosing on the people for failing to meet their obligations! Now, isn't that a marvelous way to do business!

This already happened in 2008, but the Jews control all the whistles and they didn't blow them, instead the Fed stepped up and bought all the worthless paper for full value and put the debt on the publics balance sheet. They will blow the whistle when it works to their advantage. So don't keep any more money in banks than you can afford to lose.

Carl
22nd March 2013, 11:13 AM
You are complaining that there is no way to spend those worthless digits, that I have no problem spending.I can't figure out how you arrived at that assumption from what I wrote. What I wrote has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to spend digits.

Carl
22nd March 2013, 11:16 AM
This already happened in 2008, but the Jews control all the whistles and they didn't blow them, instead the Fed stepped up and bought all the worthless paper for full value and put the debt on the publics balance sheet. They will blow the whistle when it works to their advantage. So don't keep any more money in banks than you can afford to lose.

Yes, and it's going to happen again, and again, and again...until we get rid of that system.

Santa
22nd March 2013, 11:24 AM
he only tangible wealth that will be safe from government's insatiable appetite for private wealth will be tangible assets held privately, secretly, safely outside of the banking and financial systems. These include physical gold, silver, certain collectables and firearms, ammunition, and other items of durable value.

I'm trying to promote the concept of cryptocurrencies in general. I don't believe Bitcoin itself is the solution, but the idea and concept of it is the correct path to being free from the banksters/government.

Two opposing concepts for wealth preservation and security in life.

vacuum
22nd March 2013, 01:01 PM
Two opposing concepts for wealth preservation and security in life.

As I mentioned in the bitcoin thread.

Reasons you'd want bitcoins:
1) Currency for individual purchases, you only hold it for a day or two
2) Emergency spending money
3) Hidden, anonymous, very portable
4) Speculation

Reasons you'd want gold/silver:
1) Money/store of wealth
2) Hidden, anonymous, somewhat portable
3) Speculation

Reasons you'd want other preps:
1) Investment
2) Emergency usage
3) Store of value
4) Speculation

Reasons you'd want cash:
1) Liquidity for opportunistic buys
2) Emergency spending money
3) Hidden, anonymous, somewhat portable
4) Speculation

All have different uses, advocating one doesn't negate the other. Note that any can be used for speculative purposes, and speculation on anything is always a gamble.

Horn
22nd March 2013, 05:17 PM
Seeing as how the only ones with sizeable deposits work in Government,

stealing from yourself then voting yourself a scheduled yearly cost of living increase does define insanity fairly well.

Half Sense
22nd March 2013, 05:48 PM
http://theswash.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/SAM_4452.JPG.jpeg

Note that it ships with 4 spare tires, so the tires are the weak point. They may even be no-flat tires - doesn't matter. Burn 5 of the 8 tires and the thing is out of commission.