palani
26th March 2013, 02:13 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/339ilxi.jpg

palani
26th March 2013, 02:14 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/fk72no.jpg

palani
26th March 2013, 02:15 PM
A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor. He had an S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared from around his head, the pictures show what he saw.

Ares
26th March 2013, 02:18 PM
Why I buy either American, or Russian ammunition. American is the cleanest ammo by far, Russian ammo is dirty and usually corrosive but is perfect for the AK.

chad
26th March 2013, 03:12 PM
tin case?

Shami-Amourae
26th March 2013, 03:23 PM
Where do you even buy Chinese ammo? Is it a military surplus thing?

Norweger
26th March 2013, 03:39 PM
I do see a lot of people complain that American ammo is underpowered as well though.. that its mostly "range stuff".

I would like to see a source for the story because I'm pretty sure I've seen those photographs before.

Heimdhal
26th March 2013, 03:40 PM
Thats not chinese ammo, thats reloads. I have seen this many, many times with home reloaded ammo. Handgun cartridges are easily double charged if the reloaded isnt paying attention, because the cases are generaly not fully filled with powder like many rifles rounds.

Chinese ammo is very expensive because its non importable any longer. Military surplus is generaly of good quality, in fact so are most of their guns. The chinese can actualy make GOOD stuff when they want, you just pay for it like you do american stuff, so most people DONT.

This particular story, with those particular pictures, have been floating around gun boards since at least 07, if not earlier.

Heimdhal
26th March 2013, 03:42 PM
I do see a lot of people complain that American ammo is underpowered as well though.. that its mostly "range stuff".

I would like to see a source for the story because I'm pretty sure I've seen those photographs before.

American range ammo generaly is underpowered. Mostly its the powder. They use cheaper powders which dont burn as well or as quickly. Keeps the cost down and is generaly fine for the range. If you want to train with ammo similar to carry ammo, look into Speer Lawman, which is identical to their SD loads, expect they dont use the JHP bullet, they use a similar weighted FMJ bullet. Same powder, same primer, same case, some grain weight, and you'll pay a decent bit more for it, but its a great training aid and tester.

Dick_Stabber
26th March 2013, 04:52 PM
http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/164468-44-mag-blows-up-chinese-ammo.html

This was from 3 years ago...

Horn
26th March 2013, 05:06 PM
A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor.

I had no idea you were a cop, palani.

joboo
26th March 2013, 05:54 PM
Where do you even buy Chinese ammo? Is it a military surplus thing?

Norinco afaik. Mostly steel cased with non corrosive primers.

Dick_Stabber
26th March 2013, 06:03 PM
"I got this on email and was stunned at the photos. They are blaming it on Chinese ammo. I have no idea what brand it was or the actual series of events, but WOW, this is scary stuff! My apologies if this has already been posted.......

S & W .44 Magnum accident

A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor.
He had a S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range.
He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo, (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash.
When the tweety birds cleared from around his head, the pictures show what he saw."http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/164468-44-mag-blows-up-chinese-ammo.html

A repost from 3 years ago, wtf.

Cebu_4_2
26th March 2013, 06:11 PM
FFL range, 2 S&w Blew up and brand new. Old pieces of crap hitting target 95+ using anything that fit.

osoab
26th March 2013, 06:29 PM
I liked this story.

http://www.craigboyce.com/w/2012/07/exploding-deer-rifle/

http://www.craigboyce.com/w/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/01-deer-rifle-split-barrel.jpg

joboo
26th March 2013, 06:49 PM
Demonstration at 1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBAcz16GvU

Heimdhal
26th March 2013, 07:19 PM
Demonstration at 1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBAcz16GvU

Thats a very good lesson for NOT using "thumbs foreward" on a revolver, like you would appropriatley do on an auto loader. With a few exceptions, most revolvers do NOT have a sealed breach, and thus release high velocity gasses where the chamber and the barrel meet. Many a man has had a severed or seriously injured thumb or palm from having their hands too far forward on a revolver.

Thumbs flagged has always worked for me, but I have stubby t-rex thumbs anyways.

palani
27th March 2013, 03:38 AM
"I got this on email and was stunned at the photos....A repost from 3 years ago, wtf.

That is nothing. I frequently cite from books 400 - 500 years old and occasionally from a book even older.

palani
27th March 2013, 03:39 AM
I had no idea you were a cop, palani.
In the matrix anyone can become an agent.

Heimdhal
27th March 2013, 06:55 AM
That is nothing. I frequently cite from books 400 - 500 years old and occasionally from a book even older.

wrong info is still wrong info.

palani
27th March 2013, 07:02 AM
no info is still no info.

Fixed it for you.

Heimdhal
27th March 2013, 07:08 AM
Fixed it for you.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

SLV^GLD
27th March 2013, 07:08 AM

I never saw a citation, only plagiarism.

palani
27th March 2013, 07:11 AM
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Are you hearing things?

palani
27th March 2013, 07:13 AM
I never saw a citation, only plagiarism.

That would be because you are ignorant.

Heimdhal
27th March 2013, 07:14 AM
Are you hearing things?

point proven

palani
27th March 2013, 07:15 AM
point proven

What point? Your insanity?

Heimdhal
27th March 2013, 07:18 AM
What point? Your insanity?

You've removed all doubt, palani. A fool playing a fools game.

palani
27th March 2013, 07:22 AM
You've removed all doubt, Heimdhal. A minnow playing a sharks game.

Fixed it for you. Now you may address yourself.

Heimdhal
27th March 2013, 07:34 AM
Fixed it for you. Now you may address yourself.

You've already drowned yourself, Palani.

palani
27th March 2013, 07:35 AM
You've already drowned yourself, Heimdhal

Fixed it for you.

Heimdhal
27th March 2013, 07:41 AM
Fixed it for you.

ooooh god, are we gonna start with "yo mamma" jokes next?

palani
27th March 2013, 07:45 AM
ooooh god, are we gonna start with "yo Heimdhal " jokes next?

Fixed it for you.

old steel
27th March 2013, 07:52 AM
Lots of guys up here shoot Norinco ammo at the range because it's cheaper to purchase and at the present time more available.

Don't know of anyone who has had a problem with it and we are talking about tens of thousands of rounds.

Heimdhal
27th March 2013, 07:58 AM
Lots of guys up here shoot Norinco ammo at the range because it's cheaper to purchase and at the present time more available.

Don't know of anyone who has had a problem with it and we are talking about tens of thousands of rounds.

Im surprised there still that much available there and at good prices. Generaly the russian stuff is cheaper than Chinese in most of the country and is generaly shot more. Millions of rounds were imported before the ban though, so there is still plenty floating around, it seems anymore though commercial russian has almost entirley replaced it. Neither of which have ever posed any more significant of a saftey concerns than domestic ammo or other imports.

7th trump
27th March 2013, 07:59 AM
You've removed all doubt, palani. A fool playing a fools game.
You sure have a way of making and influencing friends palani.

Horn
27th March 2013, 08:07 AM
In the matrix anyone can become an agent.

Be sure to use the quotation highlight as there are certain physical laws that apply.

palani
27th March 2013, 08:26 AM
You sure have a way of making and influencing friends palani.

Justice Roberts: "Sure. If you tell — if you tell a child that somebody has to be their friend, I suppose you can force the child to say, this is my friend, but it changes the definition of what it means to be a friend. "

palani
27th March 2013, 08:33 AM
Be sure to use the quotation highlight as there are certain physical laws that apply.

'In the matrix anyone can become an agent' is nobodies quote but my own. Here is a quote from the movie Matrix

Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

[Neo's eyes suddenly wander towards a woman in a red dress]

Morpheus: Were you listening to me, Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?

Neo: I was...

Morpheus: [gestures with one hand] Look again.

[the woman in the red dress is now Agent Smith, pointing a gun at Neo's head; Neo ducks]

Morpheus: Freeze it.

[Everybody and everything besides Neo and Morpheus freezes in time]

Neo: This... this isn't the Matrix?

Morpheus: No. It is another training program designed to teach you one thing: if you are not one of us, you are one of them.

Horn
27th March 2013, 08:39 AM
'In the matrix anyone can become an agent' is nobodies quote but my own. Here is a quote from the movie Matrix

Your repeated response will only lead to the repeated destruction of Zion, it is suggested that you ante up for dies to the New GSUS silver round as alleviation to certain penal stipulations and obligations that might (by default programming) apply.