PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycles

Glass
26th March 2013, 11:20 PM
Wondering who out there is a motorsickle fan? Only messed about with small ones when I was a wee lad but never enough to call myself a rider. Wanted to get a bike from time to time. I thought if SHTF then a trail/cross bike could be a handy mode of transport to have.

Been looking again, but more about ticking something off the bucket list. Seems bucket lists are popular these days. Used to be called a mid life crisis but now its the things to do before kicking the proverbial.

I don't think I'm a candidate for a sport bike. I'm not in much of a hurry these days. A sport tourer maybe. Until this year, new riders have been limitted to 250CC capacity bikes for the first 12 months. This changed in some Aussie states a couple years ago when they increased this to 650CC. I think 250CC is about 15 Cubic Inches and 650cc is about 40.

I didn't want to have to buy 2 bikes just to get to a decent size bike. I think they cottoned on to this and changed it. A lot of mid life people are now getting into bikes for the first time.

I got to looking at cruisers. Obviously you got your harleys. I don't think I'm a harley dude but I do like that style of bike. I was looking at things like the royal enfield which is a small thumper. Kind of nostalgic. I saw the Indians which are very cool but not quite my style.

Then I saw that Honda does a few cruisers which look pretty good. They do a Shadow which looks the business. It's 400CC so well below the limit. Then I saw the Star bikes from yamaha. They have a couple in at 650CC which I like the look of. Good price new. Not many second hand here in WA because they haven't really sold them much before now. Mostly because of the restrictions on new riders which have been lifted.

From reading around, most owners love their V Stars regardless of capacity and age. They seem to be exceptionally reliable and many people put big miles on them. I think this would be the bike for me if I can get it together to buy one.

So, who here rides? What ya got? How much do you love riding it? Do you have one of these V Stars or similar? Are you a cruiser or a rider?

JFN111
27th March 2013, 03:49 AM
The wife and I rode Harley's for years but finally sold the bikes two years ago. Living in MN the riding season was short and age was starting to catch up with us.
If you want a "Made in America" bike the Polaris line is very good at a reasonable price. http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/choose-motorcycle.aspx
If you want to do long distance riding the Honda Gold wing is a great bike for reliability and comfort.

monty
27th March 2013, 03:59 AM
I am 71 years old. I am still riding my Harley, but not to the extent I rode It when I was younger. I used to average about 12000 miles a year. Now I only ride It a little in the summer months.
I had a 1987 Harley-Davidson FLT Tour Glide I rode 187,000 miles. It was a very realiable bike. It broke down once about 10 miles from home. In the 187,000 miles I never had to add oil between oil changes. I changed oil every 5000 miles.

I would strongly advise you to take a begining riders motorcycles safely course before you start riding.

palani
27th March 2013, 04:02 AM
Still made in America. Runs for 9 hours on a tank that holds less than 3 gallons. Mine is a little older.
http://www.rokon.com/index.php?p=1_4_Trail-Breaker
http://www.rokon.com/web_images/MouseOver_Trailbreaker.jpg

Camp Bassfish
27th March 2013, 04:37 AM
I have since added removable soft sided saddlebags and a removable windshield (mostly to hold my EZ Pass). Riding season is short here as well, but I'm not above "trailering" her to warmer climates should the urge arise.

Going to be mid 50's here Easter Sunday....... I'll be home as the ham leaves the oven.

JFN111
27th March 2013, 04:38 AM
I am 71 years old. I am still riding my Harley, but not to the extent I rode It when I was younger. I used to average about 12000 miles a year. Now I only ride It a little in the summer months.
I had a 1987 Harley-Davidson FLT Tour Glide I rode 187,000 miles. It was a very realiable bike. It broke down once about 10 miles from home. In the 187,000 miles I never had to add oil between oil changes. I changed oil every 5000 miles.

I would strongly advise you to take a begining riders motorcycles safely course before you start riding.
Great advise on the safety course.

Camp Bassfish
27th March 2013, 04:40 AM
Great advise on the safety course.

Totally agree. No matter your skill level you will take SOMETHING home from this class.

Half Sense
27th March 2013, 06:27 AM
There are also some nice "big scooters" at 250cc, 400cc and 650cc. I think they are a good option for many adults. They have automatic transmissions, good wind protection, comfortable seats, and a large locking storage area under the seat. Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki make good ones.

JDRock
27th March 2013, 07:03 AM
thoughts....a cycle that is confined to the white lines of the highway is totally USELESS.....i mean, WHY? just get a small car! better gas mileage and you can drive it in the rain.
Now, if we choose a dual purpose bike, then we have the best of both worlds! I always rig a kill switch to the lighting system including brake lights....for discrete get aways ; )

ArgenteumTelum
27th March 2013, 07:03 AM
I rode for over 25 years before having to convert my scoots to tractors. My rides were a 76 BMW R90S (Sport/Touring) and an 86 BMW K75. The 90 was sold with nearly 200,000 miles on it and I never really fell in love with the K and the triple engine. Too much like a rice burner. Although I had numerous long distance trips (member of the Iron Butt Club), most of my riding was with a dedicated group of buddies screaming along country twisties pushing ourselves and our machines to limits. All kept the rubber on the road, but there were certainly a few hair-raising moments. Nothing like the throb of those twin jugs...
AT

Libertarian_Guard
27th March 2013, 07:16 AM
Like many other things (homes, guns, cars) deciding on which motorcycle is a trade-off. Whatever you decide on will be a compromise. I have a great commuting bike. Ninja 650. Sadly I can't tour or off road with it, or even ride it for longer than an hour and a half, as my arms go numb. The good part is that every bike has an element of fun!

MSF safety course and continually learning about the physics of riding is a MUST!

No matter how long anyone has been riding, they can always learn more. Part of the problem is that we pick-up bad habits. Learning from the mistakes of others is also very important.

Good luck.

Tumbleweed
27th March 2013, 08:28 AM
Glass I don't have any advice on motorcycles for you but I thought this video of people who love to ride might be of interest to you. The Sturgis Rally is a bucket list destination for a lot of the riders in this country and some come from countries around the world. Several hundred thousand riders will show up for a couple of weeks during the summer in this region where I live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmZ6jX4eXfQ

monty
27th March 2013, 08:34 AM
I rode for over 25 years before having to convert my scoots to tractors. My rides were a 76 BMW R90S (Sport/Touring) and an 86 BMW K75. The 90 was sold with nearly 200,000 miles on it and I never really fell in love with the K and the triple engine. Too much like a rice burner. Although I had numerous long distance trips (member of the Iron Butt Club), most of my riding was with a dedicated group of buddies screaming along country twisties pushing ourselves and our machines to limits. All kept the rubber on the road, but there were certainly a few hair-raising moments. Nothing like the throb of those twin jugs...
AT

I have completed 3 Iron Butt rides, a Saddle Sore 1000, A Bun Burner 1500 and a Saddle Sore 2000 all on Harley-Davidsons. On the Saddle Sore 2000 my riding partner and I rodé from Reno, Nevada to Fort Collins, Colorado. He was riding a new Harley Ultra Glide. I was riding my 1997 Road King. On the return leg cossing the Bonneville Salt Flats I realized I had lost my partner. I pulled off the road waiting to see if I could see his headlght. I tried calling, but had no service on my cellular phone. After what seemed like a long wait I was about to go back looking when he arrived in a car. His bike had quit running. We rodé double into Wendover, where he hired a tow truck. We rodé double all the way to Boomtown just western of Reno to get our miles. We had minutes to spare to be in the 24 hour time frame. We sent our paper work in. I received my certificate, but Jere didn't. He was disqualified because he didn't complete the ride on his own bike. Jere had the motorcycle taken to Reno Harley-Davidson, It was repaired under warranty. The electronic ignition module had failed. That ride was in the summer of 2003.

Glass
27th March 2013, 12:22 PM
ah.. so there are lots of riders here. Nice. Love the bikes. Palani, really? Looks like a tonka toy. But I actually remember those. I'm pretty sure some one I knew had one of those. I remember riding something similar. Defnately SHTF capable.

+1 on the advanced skills. Big believer in that. Even been thinking about doing it for the car and I've got a few decades driving experience already. I saw a tv show about the training and it looks very useful for any level driver. Listening to local CB, bad news about bike riders comes through fairly regularly but I haven't heard any bad news in maybe a month or so, so that's a good thing. IT's a worry though but everythings a risk. Commuting changes the odds I think.

Going for a long drive to nowhere is something I enjoy doing. Doing the same on a bike would be fun. In good times, laid back cruising is ok by me. In SHTF times something more urgent would be better. I'll get the learning out of the way and deal with the other stuff later. Winters on it's way. We seem to be getting lots of rain already this year. Could be an extra wet one. All you need is a bit of sunshine to get out there. We're pretty lucky, winter is usually mild and short. Plenty of chances to get out doors.

I spent a week or so searching the web... a lot. Looking at lots of YT's. There are some amazing bikes out there and some amazing places to ride them. The cross country stuff looks fun. I see you guys have a lot of biker pillgrimages over there in the US. I was looking at one, very big one. They get tens of thousands of bikers in for the event. Can't recall the name or the town. I think it's Sturgis.

http://www.ratestogo.com/blog/motorcycle-rallies/

I got this bug to cross the nullabor. I haven't done it driving. A family member want's to drive across but probably won't happen this year. I see a lot of people do it on bikes. There is a season to do it in and there are plenty of roadhouses for fuel on the way now so you can get across on a bike no trouble. I think I'd need a couple years on a bike before doing that but you never know. I could go all tourist stupid and have a go at it.

I really like those big tourers like the Honda and the BMW. Nice bikes. Amazing the amount of fruit they cram in. Budgets not going to get to that level without a bit of help from lotto.

Glass
27th March 2013, 12:28 PM
thoughts....a cycle that is confined to the white lines of the highway is totally USELESS.....i mean, WHY? just get a small car! better gas mileage and you can drive it in the rain.
Now, if we choose a dual purpose bike, then we have the best of both worlds! I always rig a kill switch to the lighting system including brake lights....for discrete get aways ; )

I was reading about you just last night. hehe.. Someone was talking about rigging a switch. There's only 4 or 5 billion people on the internet so it must have been you. Did you go multi switch? Rewire on the hot wires or go the neg/ground wires on your kill switch? Did you include the instrument cluster like someone else suggested?

Tumbleweed
27th March 2013, 12:55 PM
I spent a week or so searching the web... a lot. Looking at lots of YT's. There are some amazing bikes out there and some amazing places to ride them. The cross country stuff looks fun. I see you guys have a lot of biker pillgrimages over there in the US. I was looking at one, very big one. They get tens of thousands of bikers in for the event. Can't recall the name or the town. I think it's Sturgis.

http://www.ratestogo.com/blog/motorcycle-rallies/

Glass the video I posted is about the Sturgis motorcycle rally that takes place in western South Dakota and Northeast Wyoming every year. It's a big one and is a bucket list destination for a lot of riders. People are drawn to the area because of the variety of scenery in the region, the party and entertainment that's provided.

Glass
27th March 2013, 01:26 PM
yep watched the vid now, thats definately the one. For sure. thanks. amazing number of bikes. We never saw many of those big tourers like the goldwings down here. Don't think they were very popular for a long time. Seeing more of them now. I think the population is aging and some of the older bikers are going for more comfort. Big bucks though. They can go $40K easy. Sports tourers are popular. Then there's Harleys. Lotsa those.

Tumbleweed
27th March 2013, 01:52 PM
I've been looking at some videos and I'm starting to think maybe I need one of those Harley's. I live nearby this rally but usually try to avoid it. They tour the area during the day and party at night. They book the top music entertainers in the country to entertain during the rally. I was watching a series of videos of some people heading west on I-90 to the rally and I think they are pretty good so I'll post them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MF0SaAZNEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjQw2qtM30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTCIwECaHNI

mick silver
27th March 2013, 01:55 PM
just got a new bike out of a barn a week ago . old pan head

Tumbleweed
27th March 2013, 01:58 PM
Day 4

<strong><em>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTCIwECaHNI

Day 5

<strong><em>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAV50mAUvY

Tumbleweed
27th March 2013, 02:05 PM
Day 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0y1F61_ZA

Santa
27th March 2013, 03:05 PM
I've had a few bikes. :)*#*

Ever ride an 1100cc muscle bike during a snowstorm in the mountains with 4 inches of snow and ice on the road at 1am in sneekers and a light winter jacket?
Ever get smashed in the teeth by a grasshopper at 65mph?
Ever sit at an intersection during a full blown Florida downpour with your feet in 6 inches of water with cracks of thunder going on all around?
Ever dump a 700lb full dress Goldwing with the back seat strapped full of ceramic floor tiles in the middle of a busy road?

monty
27th March 2013, 03:25 PM
I've had a few bikes. :)*#*

Ever ride an 1100cc muscle bike during a snowstorm in the mountains with 4 inches of snow and ice on the road at 1am in sneekers and a light winter jacket?
Ever get smashed in the teeth by a grasshopper at 65mph?
Ever sit at an intersection during a full blown Florida downpour with your feet in 6 inches of water with cracks of thunder going on all around?
Ever dump a 700lb full dress Goldwing with the back seat strapped full of ceramic floor tiles in the middle of a busy road?

I've done most of that, and caught a yellow jacket in the stomach at 65 too. They can still sting. My ex wife rodé too. She had a bee fly into her helmet on the way home from Sturgis one year.

Glass
27th March 2013, 04:13 PM
awesome looking lemon meringue pie. Just like Grandma makes. Liked the road trip to Sturgis.

Tumbleweed
27th March 2013, 05:27 PM
awesome looking lemon meringue pie. Just like Grandma makes. Liked the road trip to Sturgis.

That piece of lemon pie stuck in my mind too and I'd sure like to have a pie like that sitting in front of me.

Glass
27th March 2013, 08:39 PM
That piece of lemon pie stuck in my mind too and I'd sure like to have a pie like that sitting in front of me.

I think thats the good thing about Grandma's. They always got a nice piece of pie or cake just freshly baked.

Watching day 5. All I can say is, we got to get this planet back to being a free world so's I can come over there and check out some of those awesome places. The ending to day 5 was interesting. I wouldn't mind finishing up every ride like that.

Glass
30th March 2013, 06:15 PM
This couple posted a few YT of some road trips they did on their motorcycle. Great country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7hHVzs94dw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7hHVzs94dw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZemgGPayaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZemgGPayaM

Glass
3rd April 2013, 06:34 PM
Been checking out a few peoples touring blogs. There was a guy who wanted to do the US bottom to top so rode to Mexico, crossed the border for the day, then rode up to Canada and caught a ferry, I think it was to Victoria island from Seattle or something. Was interesting. Just a regular family Joe living a dream. Did a whole bunch of YT's on his journey. Lots of amazing scenery.

Been looking at some aussie tourers. This one's a bit jerky but worth a look. Fair bit of Western Australia from about min 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqwygDb5Gkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqwygDb5Gkc

Actually Part 2 is pretty good.

palani
3rd April 2013, 06:42 PM
See if you can find a book 'INVESTMENT BIKER'. Guy rode around the world with his girl friend for 2 years around 1992. Interesting book.

govcheetos
4th April 2013, 09:32 AM
I'm not much into bikes, but have some friends that have been into them since the late 60's.

About the lighting kill switch, knew a guy that his wired with a reostat to be able to fade them in and out gently for those midnight getaways. ;)

Libertarian_Guard
4th April 2013, 11:59 AM
See if you can find a book 'INVESTMENT BIKER'. Guy rode around the world with his girl friend for 2 years around 1992. Interesting book.

Jim Rogers and his BMW. Best parts were his travels through Africa. Good book, even if you're not into bikes.

Tumbleweed
7th April 2013, 08:11 PM
Glass I thought you might enjoy this video of main street during the Sturgis motorcycle rally. You can hear a steady dull rumble of motor cycle engines in the background that is there all the while the rally is going on. When you're there it seems to shake the whole town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3svT48EsBzw

Glass
7th April 2013, 10:32 PM
We've been having very warm weather for this time of year. Still in the 30C range. Lots of people out on their bikes over the weekend.... and who wouldn't? I was sitting in a mall car park on Saturday and about 30 cruisers came by. You could hear the rumble building like thunder for a fair few minutes before they arrived. Was a sight to see. Everyone turns and watches as they thunder by. I notice that for the most part cruisers seem to part the traffic like moses.

I'm amazed with the number of bikes that have farings on them in that vid. I don't get the stereo on a bike thing but maybe that's for hanging out in mall car parks or at the coffee stop.

This whole bike thing is a can of worms. Been looking at touring videos, reading forums. Honda's bringing out some new 500cc road bikes. So thinking on what I really want. I think a cruiser still but a little nipper could be handy for going places a bit faster. So there you go now I need 2 bikes. Better be getting 1 sorted then I'll see how it goes.

Glass
25th April 2013, 06:52 PM
It is about 26,000kms or 16,000mi to circumnavigate Australia by road. That's across the top end, down the sides and along the bottom. Been reading about peoples adventures.

This guy did it on a maxi scooter: http://www.max.grenkowitz.net/?topic=840

He went counter clockwise from Queensland, Up the east, across the top end, down the west side and east along the bottom.

He did a very detailed blog but he's a man on a mission so it's more about getting around in X days than taking it easy and discovering Australia. But there's lots of good info on how to get around and places to stay.

The thing I liked to most was the pictures he took on the way.
Links to journey diaries, GPS map, stats, accomadation info (http://www.max.grenkowitz.net/?topic=840#Jou)

Daily reports (http://www.max.grenkowitz.net/?topic=900)

I can't link the pics which is a shame but he does take some good photos. From day 8 in the DR's they are all from the top end. Amazing country. Check them out if you have some time.

So anyway I'm going to have to make a plan to do something like this. Maybe on a sports tourer.

General of Darkness
25th April 2013, 07:04 PM
Always wanted a Motard.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ud1E-KZogMI/TGqaJ2wN7CI/AAAAAAAAAyw/9TmQb8b6yEM/s1600/ktm-690-smc-supermoto-dirt-bike-2008.jpg

Glass
25th April 2013, 07:22 PM
Always wanted a Motard.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ud1E-KZogMI/TGqaJ2wN7CI/AAAAAAAAAyw/9TmQb8b6yEM/s1600/ktm-690-smc-supermoto-dirt-bike-2008.jpg

This is the can of worms because one bike can't do it all so logically you need a couple of bikes. I can see I'd need a cruiser, a street bike and a tourer and a motard or adventure bike would be handy also. I'm starting at the begining so will go for a starter bike for the road and work up from there but I like the idea of touring.

Tumbleweed
25th April 2013, 07:37 PM
Glass if you do decide to do some touring I don't think you'll regret it. I always liked to see what was on the other side of the hill and used to take short trips seeing the sights. I 2001 we had a drought and I sold my cattle then hired on with a trucking company. I would pick up a load where ever it was then take it to where ever it needed to go. It was an adventure that I really wouldn't have wanted to miss. There was a computer in the truck and it would beep and a red light would come on. that was the signal that they had a load I could pick up, where it was a where it needed to go. I just never knew where I was going next or the people I'd be meeting. It was interesting and an adventure. I traveled the 48 states and saw all the backsides of the cities and a lot of the empty places in the middle of nowhere for a year and a half. My home was in the truck. I had a small refrigerator and a little dc cooking unit and a comfortable bunk. All the comforts of home! I think you could have a great time traveling, seeing the sights and meeting people along the way.

Glass
25th April 2013, 07:43 PM
It's seeing the pictures of the north west and central parts of Australia that gets me going. It's been a long time since I was up that way. It is a rugged but amazing part of the country.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aBlgPn5TJxc/TlRn5xDheHI/AAAAAAAABkQ/eh51cOo-ZxM/s1600/the+kimberly+Australia.jpg

more scenic snaps (http://outbackcooking.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/kimberley-australia.html)

Literally
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jnbx7DNsfqg/TlRkZw-vOPI/AAAAAAAABkA/Qhg7IpXgpe4/s400/large+crocs.jpg

kiffertom
26th April 2013, 10:14 AM
i loved to ride! ive had 10 different motorcycles. i quit 30 years ago because of two good crashes! now with all the crazies texting and on their cell phones im not inclined to ride anymore. three friends(different incidents) were literally run down from behind because of distracted drivers. another one killed by a FOP(fucking old person)! two others who were brothers hit a guardrail in seperate incidents and were killed. another had his foot ripped off from hitting a curb! there are two kinds of riders, the ones who have crashed and the ones who are gonna! also two kinds of riders, live ones and dead ones!! be safe look out for idiots!

Glass
6th May 2013, 11:13 PM
A lot of photographers seem to like getting out and touring.

Here's a guy, calls himself the Motographer. Travelling Australia. Blog: http://thegrandaustralianroadtrip.com

He crossed paths with a pedal powered biker who is heading to Darwin (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=darwin&hl=en&sll=-24.384706,120.462679&sspn=21.478832,39.506836&hnear=Darwin+Northern+Territory&t=m&z=9) from Melbourne (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=melbourne&hl=en&ll=-37.814124,144.9646&spn=2.33906,4.938354&sll=-12.462827,130.841777&sspn=1.445492,2.469177&hnear=Melbourne+Victoria&t=m&z=8):

http://thegrandaustralianroadtrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/cycle.jpg

Glass
12th May 2013, 10:17 PM
Did a bit of reading over the weekend break. Just reading the "What kind of bike" should I get questions. They are worthwhile reading because people always throw out some interesting ideas you never considered or even knew about.

Touring. You can get a:
Big cruiser bike and take that cross country. Not made for adventure touring or 1st class but what experience do you want?
Sport Tourer. A bit like a pocket rocket bike with the body work but has some window protection and little better riding position for the long hauls
Full Tourer. Honda Gull wing, BMW. Big bikes. Pack everything but the kitchen sink, ABS, adjustable suspension. The winnebago of motorcycle tourers.
Adventurer Tourer. Dual purpose. On road manners and off road know how. Looks only a mother could love but your desert awaits.
None of the above except the owner is determined to get to their destination.

Everytime I start reading, I find there's another bike I could go for. So I was looking at the new KTM Adventure 1180?. For experienced riders. So YT has some interesting vids on this new bike. Looks the goods for real off the tarmac adventure.

Someone suggested a cheap alternative basic bike you can build up to be an adventure tourer. Suzuki DR650.

YT finds me this guys video which was a good laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=0t2IopH1AG0&amp;list =UUc32Jp7u-1ANgy64s_54eDw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebiXEJcXts&list=UUc32Jp7u-1ANgy64s_54eDw&index=24

There is a sequel to that but it's Adults Only IMO so be warned.

Glass
12th May 2013, 10:24 PM
Then there's this epic bush ride. Seems like about 8 of them. The girls put in an awesome effort I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUc32Jp7u-1ANgy64s_54eDw&amp;v=GLIR-Y11RAo&amp;feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUc32Jp7u-1ANgy64s_54eDw&v=GLIR-Y11RAo&feature=player_detailpage

The beach at the end is fantastic

And some more amazing riding across NSW into Queensland. 4 Mates on a ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP-bePTfqdc&amp;list=UUc32Jp7u-1ANgy64s_54eDw&amp;feature=player_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP-bePTfqdc&list=UUc32Jp7u-1ANgy64s_54eDw&feature=player_detailpage

Glass
22nd May 2013, 09:56 PM
so I'm just going to make this a dump thread. Some guy vbloggin while riding home from work. Turns out he's from Perth. Riding north along the coast from Fremantle.

Riding a motorcycle is snot all fun and games you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1y9jVfTBTk

Language alert!

Glass
14th June 2016, 08:39 PM
Been watching quite a lot of bike videos.A lot of daily vlogs but also plenty of peoples riding adventures. People cruising every which way. Some amazing places around the world. I'll post a few more of the ones that stand out.

Been enjoying this guys videos around the US. This one is Nor Cal. Some amazing country and he's a pretty good guide to boot.
1000 miles of Twisties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75IRr2oirow

Following the Salmon River and Sasquatch country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZTqw66yoHg

Glass
6th July 2016, 03:57 AM
This is good. Motorcycle tour to Springfield Armory and beyond.

The American Iron Road Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZxVVM5qbp8

mick silver
6th July 2016, 11:25 AM
Just added to my bike tueday , one more roadking for me

monty
27th June 2017, 09:51 AM
My new Road King ~ 1997 with 18000 miles

https://s19.postimg.org/67frgyylf/IMG_2020.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/4ecusnder/IMG_2022.jpg

EE_
27th June 2017, 10:04 AM
My new Road King ~ 1997 with 18000 miles

https://s19.postimg.org/67frgyylf/IMG_2020.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/4ecusnder/IMG_2022.jpg

Nice Monty, she looks well care for. Enjoy!

Where do the ladies sit?

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/41/d1/97/41d1970cb4bfd536bb077534bc1f9af7.jpg

monty
27th June 2017, 03:12 PM

Where do the ladies sit?

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/41/d1/97/41d1970cb4bfd536bb077534bc1f9af7.jpg

It has a removable pillion and luggage carrier.

This one is an FLHR carbureted model. My last one was an FLHRI EFI. THE carb model actallymmakes more torque.

The EFI was built to stage II kit EV 27 Andrews cam and Vance and Hines 2 into 1 exhaust.

I am going to put the Stage I air intake, Andrews EV-27 cam, Thunderslide kit in the carb with a Super Trapp 2into1 exhaust system. If the Sreaming Eagle Ignition module doesn't change the advance curve I may leave the stock module.

I had an '87 I put Edlebrock heads with a Crane cam. I put an Edlebrock Quicksilver carb on it. That turned out to be a mistake. The engine vibrations cause the adjustable main jet needle valve to change. It got too lean and burned up the rear cylinder. The heads are a waste of money because on a highway machine stock heads flow all,the air the engine needs to perform well. It had 187,000 miles with the original cylinders and lower end untouched. It never used oil until the rear jug seized.

http://s19.postimg.org/wv25zd4mb/IMG_2034.png

The EFI never makes 80ft/lbs of torque

http://s19.postimg.org/glbzwgtyb/IMG_2035.png

Glass
28th June 2017, 06:54 PM
I first came across our Oroville Dam friend Juan because of his adventure riding in the Sierras and surrounds. Here's what he gets up to on his bike and what he takes on a journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlmbEhA8_RE
Hot springs
Trout fishing
Baby bambi
Some more trout fishing
Amazing scenery
Big sky

cheka.
28th June 2017, 08:37 PM
you aint shit unless you got one of these on the back

http://satireworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Untitled.jpg

Dogman
28th June 2017, 08:47 PM
Nothing and I do mean nothing almost can not beat a set of warm tits drilling into your back as she rides on the "P" pad, with the added arm rest her legs provide as her arms are locked to you, ask me how I know.. ;D

monty
28th June 2017, 09:02 PM
That was a pretty good video Juan made of his 1000 mile backcountry tour.

Me and two friends in 2000 went from Reno, Nevada on US 50 to Parker, Colorado up I-25 then into Lusk, Wyoming, across to Sturgis, South Dakota to Bella Forche, South Dakota, across to Devil's Tower in Wyoming to Custer's battlefield in Montana, north to Great Falls, Montana, through Glacier National Park across the panhandle of northern Idaho, along the Columbia river then down to Medford where we separated. My to friends were in a hurry to get home so they went down I-5 into California and on to Reno. I went to Crater Lake, then down through Klamath Falls, Oregon and into northern California down Hiway 139 through Adin to Susanville, then US-395 to Reno. I can't remember the exact mileage but it was close to a 2500 mile journey.

Dogman
28th June 2017, 09:25 PM

Me and two friends in 2000 went from Reno, Nevada on US 50 to Parker, Colorado up I-25 then into Lusk, Wyoming, across to Sturgis, South Dakota to Bella Forche, South Dakota, across to Devil's Tower in Wyoming to Custer's battlefield in Montana, north to Great Falls, Montana, through Glacier National Park across the panhandle of northern Idaho, along the Columbia river then down to Medford where we separated. My to friends were in a hurry to get home so they went down I-5 into California and on to Reno. I went to Crater Lake, then down through Klamath Falls, Oregon and into northern California down Hiway 139 through Adin to Susanville, then US-395 to Reno. I can't remember the exact mileage but it was close to a 2500 mile journey.

Nice.

But I still hold to drilling tits.

Hehe

Sent using Forum Runner

Tumbleweed
29th June 2017, 06:03 AM

monty did you stop at the general store in Aladdin between Belle Fourche and Devils Tower? It's a pretty interesting place to browse through the things they have on display for sale. Lots of antiques that come from the surrounding area. I always seem to find something in there I can't live with out. The store is for sale and I found a video of an interview with the owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsT3zQ3MhQ

monty
29th June 2017, 07:56 AM
monty did you stop at the general store in Aladdin between Belle Fourche and Devils Tower? It's a pretty interesting place to browse through the things they have on display for sale. Lots of antiques that come from the surrounding area. I always seem to find something in there I can't live with out. The store is for sale and I found a video of an interview with the owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsT3zQ3MhQ

No, Tumbleweed, we didn't. We did find some interesting small towns in northern Montana. I think one was close to Flathead Lake. I have forgotten the name. There was a restaurant where the woman served homestyle meals. That was best food I have ever eaten in a restaurant.

monty
29th June 2017, 07:39 PM

Where do the ladies sit?

Passenger seat installed

https://s19.postimg.org/c95ivemxv/IMG_2039.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/w2hmo40bn/IMG_2038.jpg