PDA

View Full Version : the stupid that has to bee seen to be believed

chad
2nd April 2013, 12:59 PM
diana degette, primary sponsor of the bill to ban high capacity mags nationwide, claims that high capacity magazines can only be used one time, and once the bullets are gone, you can't re-use the magazines. so if we ban them, they'll eventually be gone via attrition, as once somebody uses a mag, it is done for. scroll to 28 minutes and watch through 32 minutes.

http://live.denverpost.com/Event/National_Debate_on_Guns?utm_medium=facebook

the lady is the primary sponsor of banning magazines nationwide, and yet she has no idea what a magazine even is.

sirgonzo420
2nd April 2013, 01:06 PM
This is why high capacity mags are so important.

You can only use 'em once, so it's important to have as many rounds as possible per mag.

chad
2nd April 2013, 01:09 PM
i know, right? i could never figure out why all the ar head buy 10,000 mags, buy now i guess i get it. i had no idea they don't work anymore once you fire all of the rounds in them. i'm very glad i found this out, as i have a bunch i'd be scared of losing. guess i won't shoot them now!

gunDriller
2nd April 2013, 02:27 PM
the lady is the primary sponsor of banning magazines nationwide, and yet she has no idea what a magazine even is.

those things in doctor's office waiting rooms ?

Publico
2nd April 2013, 02:34 PM
The best magazines are the ones found on the top rack at my barber shop.

madfranks
2nd April 2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, she's retarded. And once again, she plays the same line, "nobody needs a high capacity magazine". Yeah, well nobody needs your ugly ass face dictating to us what you think we are not allowed to do, but we still have that, don't we?

sirgonzo420
2nd April 2013, 02:48 PM
I didn't watch the video...

When she says "high capacity magazines", is it possible she is referring to books?

General of Darkness
2nd April 2013, 03:17 PM
What's odd to me is that you'd think that the Sheriff would agree on disarming the public, but he doesn't he knows reality.

Twisted Titan
2nd April 2013, 04:01 PM
Pass what you want.

I GOT MINES.

And your collective level of stupid makes it abundantly clear I need to hold on to them for dear life.

joboo
2nd April 2013, 04:07 PM
Best case scenario given the circumstances.

iOWNme
2nd April 2013, 05:28 PM
Nice find Chad.......Im uploading it to YT now.

:)

Why would you 'ban' something that uses itself out of existence?

chad
2nd April 2013, 05:46 PM
yt? young turks????

edit: nevermind, i figured it out. duh.

madfranks
2nd April 2013, 07:17 PM
Well at least we'll be able to use the excuse, "I don't have any more high cap mags, I shot them all out last time I went target shooting." LOL

Hatha Sunahara
2nd April 2013, 11:29 PM
I always find these public forums and discussions about political issues fascinating. In a perverse way. What they are generally is an extravagant display of a lack of critical thinking ability, ignorance, and obeisance to authority, as well as a platform for demonstrating how well the participants have been taught to conform and obey. They are a display of the success of our public schools and the media in dumbing down the general population. Just about all of these meetings, just about everywhere. I rarely see anyone presenting a reasoned articulate argument for why the proposal for the issue being discussed--here it was gun control--is complete idiocy. You don't see the eloquent, impassioned speakers any more, or if you do, they are complete morons who are trying to persuade other morons like themselves. And the reason you don't see those kind of persuasive people is because they are leaders, and all the real leaders have been culled out one way or another. What you do see are people like that woman in the green outfit who apparently is some kind of legislator who is more conversant about the 'process' than about the substance of dealing with the issue.

The reason I find these forums fascinating is because it makes it so transparent that there is no real debate about anything. All the participants are trying to deliver some result that was decided elsewhere, and it has to be run through a Public Involvement process so nobody can claim it is illegitimate. If anyone has a real argument against what was decided it is suppressed or marginalized. The politicians are puppets. They have their orders from the people who control their money, and they are trying to make it look like there is some popular support for the agenda they are selling when there is no such support. In this case, the public discourse was sponsored by the Denver Post, a media company, that is likely working to present a very biased view of the issue that supports the agenda of TPTB. There is no honest dscussion of anything in public in America. What we have is like what they had in Soviet Union. If you don't agree with Comrade Stalin, then shut up, or you will go to the gulag.

Hatha

gunny highway
3rd April 2013, 07:42 AM
Yeah, she's retarded. And once again, she plays the same line, "nobody needs a high capacity magazine". Yeah, well nobody needs your ugly ass face dictating to us what you think we are not allowed to do, but we still have that, don't we?

There are two types of people in the world. Those that just want to be left alone, and those that won't leave those people alone. A vicious circle it is.

madfranks
3rd April 2013, 07:50 AM
There are two types of people in the world. Those that just want to be left alone, and those that won't leave those people alone. A vicious circle it is.

I know, it makes me sick. She's so self-righteous, on her pedestal telling the whole country matter-of-factly that she knows what's best for you and me, but she doesn't even know what it is that she's trying to ban!

gunny highway
3rd April 2013, 09:37 AM
It would be funny if it wasn't so damn serious. And she was elected! Which means there are a bunch of ignorant tards cheering her on as she does this.

iOWNme
3rd April 2013, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbel4SASUPQ&list=UUl4i7QODjGylSdEO-DYmYUg&index=1

gunny highway
3rd April 2013, 09:46 AM
That was good for a laugh!

Hitch
3rd April 2013, 10:12 AM
This is a GREAT thread. It shows the people who want to take away guns, know absolutely nothing about them. Well done on putting this out on youtube. Excellent find.

madfranks
3rd April 2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbel4SASUPQ&list=UUl4i7QODjGylSdEO-DYmYUg&index=1

Nice, but you spelled her name wrong on the video title (should be Degette, not Degett). If people search "degette" they may not find your vid.

Heimdhal
3rd April 2013, 11:12 AM
This is why I use an AK, cause you can use the mags twice, instead of just once. You use them the second time as heat-seeking boomerangs of death by throwing them once you've shot all your boolets.

iOWNme
3rd April 2013, 11:26 AM
Nice, but you spelled her name wrong on the video title (should be Degette, not Degett). If people search "degette" they may not find your vid.

Fixed. Thanks MF....

madfranks
3rd April 2013, 11:35 AM
I hope this clip goes viral, it's perfect evidence of how stupid these people really are.

ximmy
3rd April 2013, 03:25 PM
stacks of used magazines...
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/98852605-stacks-of-old-magazines-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=xK24hC/zNtN4PZ2lXZ9Y7zNo73y0qW1mSgG7QiqFVuOcOzPVf9K0gNqjC q6E4eLJ

govcheetos
4th April 2013, 09:46 AM
I'll gladly accept any of those worthless used magazines anybody has laying around.

For proper recycling.

iOWNme
4th April 2013, 01:32 PM
I hope this clip goes viral, it's perfect evidence of how stupid these people really are.

Holy crap i just checked and it has 20k+ veiws......In 1 day!

chad
4th April 2013, 01:34 PM
you should monitize that shit...then give me a 20% cut :D

gunDriller
4th April 2013, 03:21 PM
i have a big collection of National Geographics.

do i need to register them with the government ?

ximmy
4th April 2013, 03:25 PM
i have a big collection of National Geographics.

do i need to register them with the government ?

only if they've never been read...

iOWNme
5th April 2013, 06:11 AM
50k+ views.....

Looks like she was forced to respond to this one, and the response proves she is as dumb as we thought.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/04/03/house-democrat-confuses-her-own-gun-control-proposal/

“She simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines,’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism,” spokeswoman Juliet Johnson said. “But quite frankly, this is just another example of opponents of common-sense gun violence prevention trying to manipulate the facts to distract from the critical issue of keeping our children safe and keeping killing machines out of the hands of disturbed individuals. It’s more political gamesmanship that stands in the way of responsible solutions.”

chad
5th April 2013, 06:14 AM
damn! now i have to throw away all of my clips! i have been re-using them for a long time, i guess no more :(

Heimdhal
5th April 2013, 06:40 AM
Clips have a feeding mechanism. Its called a thumb. It really sucks when you slip.... :P

madfranks
5th April 2013, 07:51 AM
50k+ views.....

Looks like she was forced to respond to this one, and the response proves she is as dumb as we thought.....

“She simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines,’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism,” spokeswoman Juliet Johnson said. “But quite frankly, this is just another example of opponents of common-sense gun violence prevention trying to manipulate the facts to distract from the critical issue of keeping our children safe and keeping killing machines out of the hands of disturbed individuals. It’s more political gamesmanship that stands in the way of responsible solutions.”

She didn't mis-speak. The question was about the high capacity magazine ban, nobody mentioned clips at any time. If someone asks you what good is a hi-cap mag ban when there are millions of them already around, and you answer, well clips can't be reused, you're switching into full retard mode.

Heimdhal
5th April 2013, 08:39 AM
She didn't mis-speak. The question was about the high capacity magazine ban, nobody mentioned clips at any time. If someone asks you what good is a hi-cap mag ban when there are millions of them already around, and you answer, well clips can't be reused, you're switching into full retard mode.

Sigged

midnight rambler
5th April 2013, 08:48 AM
In the video there was a reference by the reporter to the effect of "there are 40 million magazines in circulation" - it's closer to the truth that there are hundreds of millions of magazines in circulation.

Heimdhal
5th April 2013, 10:31 AM
In the video there was a reference by the reporter to the effect of "there are 40 million magazines in circulation" - it's closer to the truth that there are hundreds of millions of magazines in circulation.

If they mean for AR's specificaly, then I wouldnt say hundreds of millions, but if you mean all guns that use even just detatchable mags, then oh, absolutley I'd put that number in the hundreds of millions. Theres probably 10-20 million glock 17 mags (just that one model) in this country.

Which is also what makes the idea of magazines bans as a crime detterent just asinine. As long as ANY high cap mags exist, they WILL be accessable. In fact, the only way to make ANY of these proposed laws actualy effective at all is to all but completly rid the entire planet of the to-be-banned items (and that means for TPTB also) which of course is also totaly an asinine idea.

Cebu_4_2
5th April 2013, 11:32 AM
The Diana DeGette Guide to Gun Safety Posted Thu, 04/04/2013 - 11:38

http://www.rockymountainright.com/img/degette.jpghttp://www.rockymountainright.com/img/bullet.jpgBy Rep. Diana DeGette

In light of the on-going gun debate, as a service to my constituents I have drafted a quick guide to gun safety. It explains how guns work as I understand it and offers some commonsense tips.

HOW GUNS WORK

At right, you can see a diagram of a magazine. Magazines are ammunition, they’re bullets. If you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.
http://www.rockymountainright.com/img/ar15.jpg This is a diagram of an AR-15. Guns work by using the spring in the magazine to detonate the black powder inside the long tube at the end. The proton pack generates a powerful electromagnetic field that helps propel the bullet down the tube where it then exits and murders someone. Sometimes people murder each other with shotguns, which are similar to the AR-15 but have laser sights and vent holes.

SAFETY TIPS

1. Remember to never use your magazine more than twice, as it will become unstable after two firings.

2. Always load your gun by pouring black powder into the barrel, sliding the bullet in, and then using a stick to push it in.

WARNING: A RIFLE THAT HAS BEEN PAINTED BLACK IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON, ONLY HANDLE AN ASSAULT WEAPON IF YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY AUTHORIZED BY AN ELECTED OFFICIAL OR CELEBRITY.
3. Do not attempt to eat your firearm.

4. Always keep your rifle disassembled when not in use to reduce risk from electromagnetic radiation that is generated when firing.

5. Never fire your gun.

cpy911
5th April 2013, 04:16 PM
I have that ONE USE magazine problem too. Every time I load up a Model 94 Winchester full of 30-30 cartridges in its tubular MAGAZINE and shoot them all up, I have to go out and buy a whole new rifle. It really stinks. Oh, since it has a tubular MAGAZINE, is it an assault rifle? I have assaulted a deer with it before, luckily that was before I used up all my bullets.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/jmortens/W94Small_zps54f6ef03.jpg

I now have all of these Winchester 94 rifles sitting around that have used their magazines up and they are not made in USA anymore. Sucky. I may have to buy a Japanese Miroku or just buy a Remlin.

I have thought about just going with Single shots and muzzle loaders as they don't have these pesky magazines that have been around for over 100 years.

I might add that somehow the CLIPS that I use for my M1 Garand keep on working when I reuse them. I don't know why, it must be a defect. Should I take the rig to a gunsmith to have him check my clips? They even pop out of the receiver when empty too...does that mean they are detachable?

Rep. Diana DeGette should just tell everyone we only need a double barreled shotgun like old Joe. No magazines and they are a lot less confusing to understand, but they do kick a lot.

Oh, btw, Rep. Diana DeGette, you are an absolute idiot when it comes to firearms. Go educate yourself or shut up.

madfranks
5th April 2013, 04:26 PM
Rep. Diana DeGette should just tell everyone we only need a double barreled shotgun like old Joe. No magazines and they are a lot less confusing to understand, but they do kick a lot.

Yes, and any time we are scared we can take it outside and blast it a few times, per uncle Joe's directions.

madfranks
5th April 2013, 04:31 PM
Holy shit! Later during that same town hall meeting an old man asks her what he should do if one magazine is not enough to stop multiple home invaders and she tells him "good thing you live in Denver, the police will be there in a few minutes, oh and you'll probably be dead anyway."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rursQrHRsPo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rursQrHRsPo

EDIT: This deserves it's own thread.