PDA

View Full Version : These charts spell it out clearly

midnight rambler
7th April 2013, 05:08 PM
Oh, but we're in a 'recovery' /sarc

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-06/these-charts-better-not-represent-true-state-us-economy

General of Darkness
7th April 2013, 05:25 PM
Is anything real anymore?

mamboni
7th April 2013, 05:34 PM
Yeah, if you want to see past the bullshit massaged and "adjusted" economic data from BLS and the like, just look at energy consumption because it does not lie: it's down big time and falling. The real economy is in a depression, no matter how high nominal prices are pushed higher with Shalom's BennyBucks, or JooBux if one prefers. Some gas consumption is decreased by a somewhat more fuel efficient fleet. But the bulk of the decrease is real: fewer commuters because of lost jobs, poeple cutting back on discretionary driving to pay bills and pay down debt, small businesses closing in record numbers, etc.

Deflation is fighting fiercely with monetary and fiscal inflation. John Williams says the latter shall win. So believes the BOJ apparently. I don't know which will prevail; but knowing the answer is paramount to know where and how to position your assets to preserve VALUE. I believe that in a deflation, gold and silver will likely drop in price but retain purchasing power. Therefore, given these incredibly manipulated markets that drop 20 points when Bernanke passes gas, I am almost entirely in equal proportions of gold, silver and cash. And that is where I will stay until we reach climax. I don't care about making a dime at this point - I just want to hold onto what I've got.

Where is VALUE today? I think that is the very most important question to be answered here and now, with the economic world literaly teetering on the edge of the abyss. What is VALUE today?

midnight rambler
7th April 2013, 05:42 PM
What is VALUE today?

Ammo, when you can find it, which is why you generally cannot find it.

Libertarian_Guard
7th April 2013, 05:49 PM
Total State Debt ..... 4 trillion +

http://www.statebudgetsolutions.org/publications/detail/report-reveals-aggregate-state-debt-exceeds-4-trillion-2