PDA

View Full Version : Would you shoot this beast of a gun?

Hitch
8th April 2013, 05:15 PM
The .700 nitro express. The bullet weighs 1000 grains. Each round costs $50 a shot. Wow. Big bore power. The size of these rounds are amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D41NYBHkb9M

Hitch
8th April 2013, 05:58 PM
Now this one is amazing. A 2 gauge 'punt gun'. If you've shot a 12 gauge, imagine what a 2 gauge must be like. This might be the ultimate pirate gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzwbcVbE9rw

midnight rambler
9th April 2013, 09:53 PM
Impractical. Might as well get a .50 BMG rifle.

gunDriller
10th April 2013, 02:00 PM
one of those situations where ear-plugs and ear-muffs come in really handy.

they should have put in a picture of that guy's shoulder 24 hours after he shot that gun.

it didn't look like he had any padding. i wonder if their was much of a bruise.

Horn
10th April 2013, 04:54 PM
No, I would choose the 30-06 with 6 rounds.

Hitch
11th April 2013, 08:21 PM
Impractical. Might as well get a .50 BMG rifle.

It might seem impractical, but it depends upon the application.

Imagine you sailing along peacefully. Then, a small boat comes speeding towards your stern. You see several men with guns onboard. Your sailboat is rolling with the swell, so any accuracy with any gun is to hell anyways. As they get closer, you want to send them the biggest fucking bullet you can find. To 1) scare them off, or 2) punch holes in their boat, or 3) stop their engine. If you stop their engine, they can't come up alongside.

The 700 nitro express might be a welcome addition, to some folk's gun cabinet.

Unfortunately, the gun itself costs over 100K. It would be neat to shoot once though, at least. :)

Horn
11th April 2013, 08:40 PM
Sawoff your shotgun and goldplate it Hitcher, I feel like I'm repeating myself.

Hitch
11th April 2013, 09:30 PM
Sawoff your shotgun and goldplate it Hitcher, I feel like I'm repeating myself.

I've got my guide gun, 45-70, stainless. Horn. I'd trust her over any sawoff shotgun personally.

If I had the means, the 700 nitro would be pretty cool though. :)

Horn
11th April 2013, 11:02 PM
I've got my guide gun, 45-70, stainless. Horn. I'd trust her over any sawoff shotgun personally.

If I had the means, the 700 nitro would be pretty cool though. :)

I've tried but you've turned out like your Momma, always wanting the next biggest & wild ride.Take a lesson from your brother GoD, he uses those 12ga. slug shots. You could sink the other guys battleship with one of those.

Which reminds me, are you going to stowaway LT when he finds the booty? I will be awaiting at an undisclosed location on the coast.

midnight rambler
12th April 2013, 07:31 AM
Your sailboat is rolling with the swell, so any accuracy with any gun is to hell anyways...Unfortunately, the gun itself costs over 100K.

For ~$20K you can get a .338 Lapua with the Tracking Point aiming system on it, x-ring hits every time.