PDA

View Full Version : Texas stabbing 14 injured

zap
9th April 2013, 12:50 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/09/17673057-at-least-14-hurt-in-stabbing-spree-on-texas-campus-suspect-believed-to-be-student?lite

At least 14 people were hurt Tuesday in a stabbing spree at a Texas community college apparently carried out by a student, authorities said. Sheriff’s officials said the suspect was in custody.
At least two victims were in critical condition. It was not immediately clear how severe the other injuries were. The stabbing happened at the Cypress Fair campus of Lone Star College, in the Houston suburb of Cypress.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia said that authorities were not certain what the weapon or motive was. He said the suspect was 21 years old.

I think we ought to ban all knives, except butter knives for the protection of the children.

Hitch
9th April 2013, 01:03 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/09/17673057-at-least-14-hurt-in-stabbing-spree-on-texas-campus-suspect-believed-to-be-student?lite

At least 14 people were hurt Tuesday in a stabbing spree at a Texas community college apparently carried out by a student, authorities said. Sheriff’s officials said the suspect was in custody.
At least two victims were in critical condition. It was not immediately clear how severe the other injuries were. The stabbing happened at the Cypress Fair campus of Lone Star College, in the Houston suburb of Cypress.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia said that authorities were not certain what the weapon or motive was. He said the suspect was 21 years old.

I think we ought to ban all knives, except butter knives for the protection of the children.

Maybe this would not have been so bad if someone around had a gun. Instead of 14 defenseless victims, might just have a dead maniac.

Of course, that point will not be brought up. Knife registration and background checks will be next.

Horn
9th April 2013, 01:06 PM
Knife registration and background checks will be next.

And steel toed boots.

Cebu_4_2
9th April 2013, 01:55 PM

Didn't they already do this in the UK? And isn't that where sporks came from? See there is still an opportunity to prevail in this USI.

Shami-Amourae
9th April 2013, 01:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Acl7s9QB8

osoab
9th April 2013, 02:38 PM
Didn't they already do this in the UK? And isn't that where sporks came from? See there is still an opportunity to prevail in this USI.

You have to be 18 to buy any knife in Britain. All of their cutlery is now safetified too.

http://www.eatmedaily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/non-stabby-knives.jpg

I don't recall if they were going to start registration when somebody bought a steak knife.

osoab
9th April 2013, 02:40 PM
stabbing spree

What's next?

Hitch
9th April 2013, 03:10 PM
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=georgia]

What's next?

Shaming, anger, directed at knife owners. I carry a "soon to be assualt" knife at work.

Mark my words. Assault knife will be the new buzz term in CNN.

My work knife saved my ass the other day. Cold Steel SRK. Cut fouled chaffing gear like butter. This knife will be on the new assault knife ban list soon.

My heart goes out to the folks injured in this unfortunate situation. Just don't use this to punish and take the freedoms from the rest of us.

midnight rambler
9th April 2013, 03:22 PM
Dammit! High time to ban knives! Need to do it quickly while everyone is all emotional and shit.

Hitch
9th April 2013, 03:35 PM
Dammit! High time to ban knives! Need to do it quickly while everyone is all emotional and shit.

Never let a crisis go to waste. Ban something. Pick the easiest target, put a fancy shaming scary 'assault' label on it...

God forgive us if we actually would look at the real problem, all these meds we are feeding to the public. Don't focus on that. We need a scary villian. The maniac isn't the problem, it's the tool the maniac uses.

Ban the tool, and poof the maniac is now a safe member of society.

Well kiss my ass. If I believe this BS.

Yup, now we will have a huge massive run on assault knifes. The people are not stupid. Ignorant, yes, but as with our recent ammo runs, we've seen how the masses will vote.

They will vote with actions, not words.

Glass
9th April 2013, 06:24 PM
You have to be 18 to buy any knife in Britain. All of their cutlery is now safetified too.

http://www.eatmedaily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/non-stabby-knives.jpg

I don't recall if they were going to start registration when somebody bought a steak knife.

yes and you are not allowed to have sticks or stones either. Been made illegal.

goldleaf
10th April 2013, 08:57 AM
Was watching the local news this morning, usually I turn it off afterwards before the national news comes on. Was in the other room, TV still on. When I got back Nora Odonnell was reporting on this and said at the end of the report that no one was killed and that the last mass stabbing was in 1901 and that most mass killings are done with firearms!

mick silver
10th April 2013, 07:17 PM
next ban cars an trucks

JDRock
11th April 2013, 07:04 AM
a knife -a.k.a. "mexican credit card" is more difficult to demonize than a gun.
That said, they will still try, as they carve into an expensive steak in the congressional parties......