PDA

View Full Version : things i learned from being on a jury yesterday

chad
10th April 2013, 05:24 AM
very different from everything i've been told about it/seen on the teevee.

31 people reported, 6 of us were picked to be on the jury. 1 day trial, we started around 10 pm got out at around 5.30. things i learned-

- everyone defers to the jury and basically gives them anything they want. both lawyers, the judge, bailiff, everyone was sir, madam to us. anything we asked for, they gave us. the judge even sent one of our 2 bailiffs next door to get smokes for one of the jurors who forgot to bring hers. gave us a break anytime we raised our hand and asked.

- there was not a flag anywhere in any of the court rooms with yellow fringe on it. all were normal flags.

- HUGE SURPRISE. the judge informed us about our right to jury nullification at the end of the trial when were sent back to render our verdict. we were to find guilty, innocent, or if we did not agree that the law applied in this case we could ask for further instructions on how to proceed with nullification. i did not expect this at all. somebody from gs-us must have been the judge.

- law enforcement are arrogant pricks. 3 of them were called to testify, all of them were pissy, arrogant, and condescending. i couldn't believe how incredibly rude they were when answering questions.

- pay is a joke. we got $25 for the whole day.

i have to report 5 more times this month.

mamboni
10th April 2013, 05:41 AM
Why were the judge and court officers so respectful to you Chad?

Judge: Thank you sir (thinks to himself: this dumb cracker gets $25 a day to sit on a hard bench and pretend to dole out justice. I sit here in a fancy robe, get paid multiple six figures and a big fat pension and just listen, wave a gavel now and then and enjoy this vibrating penis massager under my robe, also paid for by the taxpayers - life is good ), you may be dismissed now.

chad
10th April 2013, 05:43 AM
Why were the judge and court officers so respectful to you Chad?

Judge: Thank you sir (thinks to himself: this dumb cracker gets $25 a day to sit on a hard bench and pretend to dole out justice. I sit here in a fancy robe, get paid multiple six figures and a big fat pension and just listen, wave a gavel now and then and enjoy this vibrating penis massager under my robe, also paid for by the taxpayers - life is good ), you may be dismissed now.

yeah, i know. i expected the judge to be on a big power trip though. after the trial was over, he asked us to stay an extra 15 minutes and he took notes on "how he could run his courtroom better" and asked if we had any suggestions for the whole process. i keep wondering which one of you guys it was.

palani
10th April 2013, 06:10 AM
- pay is a joke. we got $25 for the whole day.

Amercing is a hard business

http://i48.tinypic.com/15rfi0w.jpg

Sending his hogs to Europe with no rings?

mamboni
10th April 2013, 06:18 AM
Amercing is a hard business

http://i48.tinypic.com/15rfi0w.jpg

Sending his hogs to Europe with no rings?

Wow - suddenly, it all makes perfect sense.::)

Twisted Titan
10th April 2013, 06:36 AM
- law enforcement are arrogant pricks. 3 of them were called to testify, all of them were pissy, arrogant, and condescending. i couldn't believe how incredibly rude they were when answering questions.

Let their ass get called for a Civil Suit.( if it doesnt get tossed by a judge)

They wont be so billy bad with thier person assets on the line.

Ponce
10th April 2013, 08:58 AM
When I was told to report for jury duty in CA I was asked if there was any problem for me to serve as a juror and I told them
......."I ever there is a case against a cop I would find him guilty no matter what and if is a cop against a civilian I would find the civilian innocent no matter what"....... for some reason I was never called back again.

V

Cebu_4_2
10th April 2013, 05:33 PM
and I read that.
V

Ponce
10th April 2013, 06:11 PM
Cebu?......I don't talk Cebusian......sorry.

V