PDA

View Full Version : Background check 'deal'

midnight rambler
10th April 2013, 09:57 AM
It would be a felony to sell a gun to a 'prohibited person' or a police officer.

Green light for sting operations against gunowners.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/gun-background-checks-deal-89856_Page2.html

madfranks
10th April 2013, 10:27 AM
It would be a felony to sell a gun to a 'prohibited person' or a police officer.

Green light for sting operations against gunowners.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/gun-background-checks-deal-89856_Page2.html

Exactly. "Oh, I see you have a gun for sale, I'd like to buy it". "Ok". "You're under arrest for felony weapons transfer." "Wait, what?"

horseshoe3
10th April 2013, 10:44 AM
Would this mean that buying without the background check is still OK? I guess as long as the seller trusts that you are not a prohibited person.

What about selling to a friend who is a cop? That should be the best transaction in the eyes of TPTB. The gun gets out of your hands and into their servant's hands. You'd think they would encourage that sort of thing.

midnight rambler
10th April 2013, 10:50 AM
Would this mean that buying without the background check is still OK? I guess as long as the seller trusts that you are not a prohibited person.

What about selling to a friend who is a cop? That should be the best transaction in the eyes of TPTB. The gun gets out of your hands and into their servant's hands. You'd think they would encourage that sort of thing.

Supposedly this knife in the back 'deal' is intended to *allow* sales w/o background checks between 'friends, family, and neighbors'.

However as many have pointed out, it's impossible for this scheme to be effective w/o some sort of gun registry.

palani
10th April 2013, 11:11 AM
I agree that any law that takes a weapon out of the hands of a coppiceman is bound to have good results. They should not be trusted either with or without a background check.

Twisted Titan
10th April 2013, 04:36 PM
Lots of cops are going to get killed in stings

Lots of em.