PDA

View Full Version : The invisible license plates ............by me,,,,,,,,,, V

Ponce
11th April 2013, 03:24 PM
You know me, always coming up with crazy ideas......while experimenting I got hold of some clear heavy grease and spread it all over the rear and front license plates of my pick up..... I then made a rake of my fingers and raked the plates in differen direction, I then placed the pick up facing the sun and went up about 15 feet, with the help of my ladder, and took a picture of them with my digital camera and all that I could see of them was a rainbow of colors, so, it works.

palani
11th April 2013, 03:31 PM
You are a 'greaser'?

Sorry ... couldn't help it.

Could you read the plate with your naked eye from that angle?

Glass
11th April 2013, 04:49 PM
So if I smear myself in grease does that mean I'll look like a rainbow in photos?

in many countries it is an offence to obscure a plate or your face. I know many places don't allow radar detectors and such. I seem to be in one of the few places that allow their use. There is also a radar jammer that you can get. You can use that here as well. Basically you run a detector and jammer. The detector give you the alert, the jammer then blocks the radar lock until such time as you have slowed down. Then you turn off the jammer. Thats the plan at least. It will keep on working which would give the game away as you drive by because they cannot get any lock. So you block them until slowed then let them get a lock. They can then maybe think it was a glitch, not a blocker.

There's a guy from my town on YT who tests a bunch of these out by going round and round through the same road speed trap.

Not as cheap as grease I'm sure and don't think it would have any effect on CCTV. That would need your infra red LED idea.

Celtic Rogue
11th April 2013, 05:11 PM
Sorry dude... your a day late and a dollar short my friend!

http://www.phantomplate.com/photoblocker.html

How does it work? A majority of red light & speed cameras utilize a strong flash to photograph the license plate on your car. Once sprayed on your license plate, PhotoBlocker’s special formula produces a high-powered gloss that reflects the flash back towards the camera. This overexposes the image of your license plate, rendering the picture unreadable. With PhotoBlocker, your license plate is invisible to traffic cameras yet completely legible to the naked eye.

REFLECTS traffic camera flash, helping to prevent a costly ticket!
FAST spray-on formula!
INVISIBLE to the naked eye!
EXCLUSIVE formula!
BEST alternative for when you can't use an anti-camera license plate cover!
ONE TIME application!
Get a can before you get a ticket!
WILL NEVER WASH OFF!
One can covers 4 license plates: that's $7.50 per license plate for a lifetime of protection!

Free with every purchase:
Free eBook (http://www.phantomplate.com/ebook.html)
Free PhantomALERT (http://www.phantomplate.com/SmartPhone-POIs.html)

palani
11th April 2013, 05:25 PM
A majority of red light & speed cameras utilize a strong flash

Has anyone seen one of these cameras emitting a strobe light? I have seen many of them and never seen them strobe. Also don't see where the strobe could be located on them. Generally can see the lens and not any windows for a flash.

Ponce
11th April 2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks Celtic, I know about that one and two more......but........what is the fun in that? when you follow others you are a sheep....I like to do things my own way and it cost less.....what? about two cents per plate........I am neiter a folower or a leader, I am simply Ponce.

V

Horn
11th April 2013, 05:39 PM
Sorry dude... your a day late and a dollar short my friend!

PhantomPlate Inc. Limited Liability Policy
PhantomPlate Inc. makes no representation or warranty regarding the effectiveness of this product. Results may vary upon application and duration of time the product is on a license plate. PhantomPlate Inc. and re-sellers accept no liability or responsibility for any events resulting, or not resulting, from the use of this product.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THE RESPONSIBILITY AND RESULTS OF USING THIS PRODUCT REMAINS SOLEY AND ENTIRELY WITH THE PURCHASER AND/OR USER. LAWS REGARDING THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT MAY VARY BETWEEN STATES AND COUNTRIES.

Hatha Sunahara
12th April 2013, 08:49 AM
I've seen an ad for a product that is effectively a set of slave strobes that flash on your plates (both front and back) when it is triggered by a strobe flash that comes from the speed check cameras on vans parked in a speed zone to catch speeders. Those photo-ops do make a flash. And this product produces an overexposure and burn-out of the image they are attempting to capture. The cameras mounted at the level of traffic signals don't make a flash, but rely on ambient light to create images. Ponce's grease solution is an elegant one to defeat this encroachment on your privacy and freedom. Bravo Ponce.

Hatha

willie pete
12th April 2013, 09:07 AM
on the Florida TPK according to officials, ALL vehicles license plates are photgraphed

cpy911
12th April 2013, 11:06 AM
Ponce. What was the brand type or manufacturer of the grease you used?

Ponce
12th April 2013, 11:29 AM
I got it from a guy who lives about five miles from me, I only took a little bit in a can.....next time I go over to see him I'll find out..... I could go to NY and open up a business with the name of "Cammo License Plate Inc" ..... now you see it and then you won't.

V

Santa
12th April 2013, 11:42 AM
I was pulled over here in Fla. once for having dried mud on my rear plate that obstructed some numbers. One thing about grease is that it would attract road dust and dirt like a magnet.