PDA

View Full Version : 30 Blocks of Squalor

Jewboo
11th April 2013, 07:29 PM
https://lh3.ggpht.com/-YVo9ZITx1JM/TgqdJPjyAnI/AAAAAAAAAhA/EUMvFOYbwEg/s1600/philadelphia_duck_mutha.jpg

30 Blocks of Squalor (http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=51422)

:o worth the read

woodman
11th April 2013, 08:18 PM
Good find. Definitely worth the read.

willie pete
12th April 2013, 08:47 AM
you can widen that story out on a national level

madfranks
12th April 2013, 09:03 AM
you can widen that story out on a national level

Where I live they're redoing a highway intersection, with a big sign proudly declaring the "American reinvestment act" is funding this work. The thing is, the intersection works fine, it's not old or falling apart, they're not adding any lanes, all they're doing is tearing out the perfectly fine road and putting a new road in. A few days ago my wife and I were driving through this intersection and we counted almost 10 people standing around a single hole while one guy with a shovel was digging. If I had time I would have gotten a picture, it perfectly described the waste; 10 union guys each making $30+/hr standing around a hole while one guy digs.

willie pete
12th April 2013, 09:10 AM
Where I live they're redoing a highway intersection, with a big sign proudly declaring the "American reinvestment act" is funding this work. The thing is, the intersection works fine, it's not old or falling apart, they're not adding any lanes, all they're doing is tearing out the perfectly fine road and putting a new road in. A few days ago my wife and I were driving through this intersection and we counted almost 10 people standing around a single hole while one guy with a shovel was digging. If I had time I would have gotten a picture, it perfectly described the waste; 10 union guys each making $30+/hr standing around a hole while one guy digs.

it's not "your tax dollars at work", it's "obama money".

Horn
12th April 2013, 09:22 AM
I was flabbergasted to find out it cost $24 million.

50% was probably spent in planning and studies. The building itself looks to be no more than 10 or 12.

gunDriller
12th April 2013, 01:05 PM
Oh. i thought this was going to be about Beverly Hills.