PDA

View Full Version : I was drinking Jack Daniel's last night. Didn't taste the same, anybody notice?

ximmy
15th April 2013, 05:38 PM
I could swear the Jack Daniel's bottle I opened last night for a drink didn't taste like the quality I remember, anybody else notice this?

strange.

Spectrism
15th April 2013, 05:44 PM
Too much backwash in your bottle?

willie pete
15th April 2013, 05:46 PM
aren't they watering it down now that Feigelbaum Brewery owns it? ;D

Horn
15th April 2013, 05:48 PM
Maybe it was because you remember drinking for trying to forget? :)

And that tasted better...

ximmy
15th April 2013, 05:58 PM
Too much backwash in your bottle?

lol... I drink from a nice whisky glass with ice

http://keithecker.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/whiskey-glass-280x300.jpg

ximmy
15th April 2013, 06:01 PM
Maybe it was because you remember drinking for trying to forget? :)

And that tasted better...

Bitter sweet memories of a sharp backhanded blow?

mick silver
15th April 2013, 06:04 PM
jim beam way better

Cebu_4_2
15th April 2013, 06:04 PM
aren't they watering it down now that Feigelbaum Brewery owns it? ;D

I believe you are correct. Remember something about it changing and then they changed it back. Kinda like coke did when they all changed over to HFCS.

Edit: The bottle that you had could have been one of the new style?

old steel
15th April 2013, 06:05 PM
Perhaps a shot of Jagermeister beforehand will help bring out that old whiskey flavor ximmy?

ximmy
15th April 2013, 06:06 PM
I believe you are correct. Remember something about it changing and then they changed it back. Kinda like coke did when they all changed over to HFCS.

So I got a bad batch?, I bought it at Trader Joes...

ximmy
15th April 2013, 06:07 PM
Perhaps a shot of Jagermeister beforehand will help bring out that old whiskey flavor ximmy?

;D They should make a Gentlewoman Jack...

Horn
15th April 2013, 06:08 PM
Bitter sweet memories of a sharp backhanded blow?

oooh, that's terrible who was the bloke?,

I oughtta go gets me some spinigch...

Cebu_4_2
15th April 2013, 06:09 PM

Take it back and complain, I would.

ximmy
15th April 2013, 06:11 PM
Take it back and complain, I would.

You know they'll laugh at me...

Ponce
15th April 2013, 06:20 PM
My 2% milk tasted the same as the last time....must have been from the same cow.

V

ximmy
15th April 2013, 06:23 PM
My 2% milk tasted the same as the last time....must have been from the same cow.

V

;D

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34674860.jpg

7th trump
15th April 2013, 06:24 PM
Ever try "Kesslers" ximmy?

1. Big mug
2. Vanilla ice cream
3. Root Beer (A&W brand)
4. Kesslers (smooth as silk)

Equals one heck of a root beer float while walking around the Mississippi Valley Fair watching the freak shows walk by.

ximmy
15th April 2013, 06:27 PM
Ever try "Kesslers" ximmy?

No, I haven't... I'll make a note of it. A good cheap whisky (if you can find it) is Bulleit Rye.

7th trump
15th April 2013, 06:32 PM
No, I haven't... I'll make a note of it. A good cheap whisky (if you can find it) is Bulleit Rye.

Its a whiskey with a sweet after taste. You'll like it and its on the cheap side.

ximmy
15th April 2013, 06:37 PM
Its a whiskey with a sweet after taste. You'll like it and its on the cheap side.

smooth? I'll go get some tonight. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md2GFtBCIh8

mick silver
15th April 2013, 06:41 PM
jim beam way better ... never mind

Spectrism
15th April 2013, 06:44 PM
Hey sugar, I got to thinking about your question....

I was drinking Jack Daniel's last night. Didn't taste the same, anybody notice?

...and now I am wondering if you couldn't remember who you were drinking with so you put out a blanket request to all.

Since you drink from a glass, next time I will know the funny taste is not from backwash.

ximmy
15th April 2013, 06:47 PM
Hey sugar, I got to thinking about your question....

I was drinking Jack Daniel's last night. Didn't taste the same, anybody notice?

...and now I am wondering if you couldn't remember who you were drinking with so you put out a blanket request to all.

Since you drink from a glass, next time I will know the funny taste is not from backwash.

"anybody notice"
eek! Your right... sounds like a whole crew of blokes...

Spectrism
15th April 2013, 07:13 PM
"anybody notice"
eek! Your right... sounds like a whole crew of blokes...

Don't worry... your secret is good with me. :)

BTW- I have a favorite tumbler for drinking such poisons... in moderation of course. Unfortunately it doesn't come with the subliminally suggestive ice-cubes like yours.

ximmy
15th April 2013, 10:38 PM

Ok I tried Kesslers. I almost didn't buy it because it was only 10 dollars. That is such retarded thinking.

When I got my first high paying job my friend and I would go wine tasting and sample and buy expensive wines. We thought we were so cool to eat at expensive restaurants and peruse over the wine menus. After a while I found that if you searched around, a ten dollar bottle of wine could taste as good or better than any high dollar wine.

I'm glad I tried the Kesslers, it is very smooth, too smooth for me because I have a one or two shot drink most weeknights before bed. I like the sharper drinks because I can nurse one for an hour or more until the ice melts.

The Kesslers made me want more... :P

Hitch
15th April 2013, 10:44 PM

That's your problem. You could have bought a nice single malt, old pulteney, from Trader Joe's at the same price (I think).

Old Pulteney was on sale there the other day. Fine sailing malt!!! I recommend this scotch.

7th trump
16th April 2013, 03:57 PM
Ok I tried Kesslers. I almost didn't buy it because it was only 10 dollars. That is such retarded thinking.

When I got my first high paying job my friend and I would go wine tasting and sample and buy expensive wines. We thought we were so cool to eat at expensive restaurants and peruse over the wine menus. After a while I found that if you searched around, a ten dollar bottle of wine could taste as good or better than any high dollar wine.

I'm glad I tried the Kesslers, it is very smooth, too smooth for me because I have a one or two shot drink most weeknights before bed. I like the sharper drinks because I can nurse one for an hour or more until the ice melts.

The Kesslers made me want more... :PGlad you liked the Kessler's Ximmy.
I was a bit optimistic about drinking whiskey, but after a friend introduced Kesslers one night I don't really like beer at all anymore.

Libertytree
16th April 2013, 04:31 PM
JD hasn't been JD since 85, that's when they started tinkering with the mix. George Dickell white label is better as far as TN whiskey is concerned. Woodford reserve and 4 Roses 100 proof are better bourbons.

ximmy
16th April 2013, 04:38 PM
JD hasn't been JD since 85, that's when they started tinkering with the mix. George Dickell white label is better as far as TN whiskey is concerned. Woodford reserve and 4 Roses 100 proof are better bourbons.

I never had the real JD then, since I was only two in 85. ...At least not that I remember.