PDA

View Full Version : Staples Rejects Local Firearms Store From Its Popular "Push It Forward Contest"

Gold Rules
31st May 2013, 07:30 AM
I can find some where else to buy my office supplys if this is how they feel.

Staples Rejects Local Firearms Store From Its Popular "Push It Forward Contest"
Gun Shop Allegedly Banned From Partcipating in Popular Store’s Contest: ‘Entry Contains Content That Promotes…Firearms’

May. 30, 2013 3:11pm Billy Hallowell 310

Maple Creek Gunsmithing, a firearms store in Fremont, Nebraska, is claiming that Staples, the popular office supply chain, rejected a recent contest application from the shop — because Maple Creek sells guns.

The store, which is owned by Travis Vonseggern and Bill Jackson, recently applied for Staples’ PUSH It Forward Contest, an opportunity for small businesses to win cash to help pay for online marketing efforts. But Vonseggern and Jackson were purportedly sent a message explaining that they are ineligible.

Staples Allegedly Refuses to Let Gun Shop Partcipate in Contest: Entry Contains Content That Promotes...FirearmThe alleged rejection e-mail that was sent by Staples and subsequently published on the Maple Creek Gunsmithing Facebook page reads:

We’re sorry, but your small business entry into the Staples PUSH It Forward Contest has been rejected* for the following reason(s):

Entry contains content that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; or endorses any form of hate or hate group.

Please visit the Staples PUSH It Forward Contest if you wish to submit a new entry for your small business.

In a separate message, the gun shop owners described the disqualification and noted their dissatisfaction with Staples’ decision. In addition to decrying the rejection, Maple Creek Gunsmithing pledged to not do business with the chain again — and encouraged others to join in on the boycott.

The owners even put out a call to the community, asking for fans to suggest local office supply stores that they can do business with in the future.

“They went as far to say that they lump us in with illegal drug use. Wow we spent a ton of money with them and this is the support we get,” the post reads. “We are never spending a dime in that store again and would encourage you to do the same.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...otes-firearms/ (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/30/gun-shop-allegedly-banned-from-partcipating-in-popular-stores-contest-entry-contains-content-that-promotes-firearms/)

Cebu_4_2
31st May 2013, 08:33 AM
Staples is stupid expensive. Most shit I can get online at half the cost but paper stuff is heavy and shipping kills the deal. There are still small independent supply stores but they don't get the bulk discount so their prices are a bit higher. I support them before a conglomerate with stupid rules and employees.

Hatha Sunahara
31st May 2013, 08:40 AM
Yup, we live in a fascist state when you can no longer tell the difference between businesses and government.

I don't live anywhere near Nebraska, but I'm gonna avoid doing any business with Staples for a while. Until they start to understand that they are not government and they depend on customers with diverse views on politics to buy their stuff, and that they better stay out of politics--even on a local level--because their national or even global business can suffer. It's a no-win strategy to get into pissing contests on divisive political issues, and they should present a neutral facade on such issues. I hope their sales go down by 50% or more, just to teach them a lesson.

Hatha

JohnQPublic
31st May 2013, 08:49 AM
Under those conditions, Staples should disallow any small business that does any business with federal, state, or local governments, because they all use dangerous guns. I am sure the local small S&M shop or the local LGBT accessories shop would be welcomed to participate by Staples.

gunDriller
1st June 2013, 08:19 AM
Staples is stupid expensive. Most shit I can get online at half the cost but paper stuff is heavy and shipping kills the deal. There are still small independent supply stores but they don't get the bulk discount so their prices are a bit higher. I support them before a conglomerate with stupid rules and employees.

i am using up my supply of Party Envelopes, that i got at an estate sale. to avoid spending money on envelopes at Staples of Office Depot.

i use duct tape to seal every envelope, because i use them to mail important stuff, and i don't trust the adhesive.

so it makes for a very distinctive look.