View Full Version : Rand Paul says he might sue government

Cebu_4_2
9th June 2013, 01:43 PM
11 minutes ago Rand Paul says he might sue government (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/09/rand-paul-says-he-might-sue-government/)Posted by
CNN's Greg Clary (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/tag/cnns-greg-clary/) Washington (CNN) – Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, said Sunday he's looking into suing the federal government in the wake of what has been a tumultuous week for the Obama administration and National Security Agency.
"I'm going to be seeing if I can challenge this at the Supreme Court level. I'm going to be asking the Internet providers and all of the phone companies; ask your customers to join me in a class-action lawsuit," Paul said on FOX News Sunday.

"If we get 10 million Americans saying, 'We don't want our phone records looked at' then maybe someone will wake up and things will change in Washington."
The controversy began this week after multiple published reports said the NSA has been mining the phone and Internet records of both U.S. citizens and people around the world in a quest to prevent terrorist attacks.
President Obama addressed the issue Friday, saying the information gathered is extremely broad and that the government isn't monitoring the content of the data or people's names unless they have probable cause and a warrant.
But Paul said this data collection is by no means a modest invasion of privacy and in fact may even weaken America's counterterrorism operations.
"We are looking through so much data that I think it makes our fight against terrorism worse," Paul said.
In the end, Paul - known as a strong proponent of civil liberties - said this intelligence-gathering strategy is simply a step too far.
"I think the American people are with me and I think if you talk to young people who use computers on a daily basis, they are absolutely with me," Paul said.

gunDriller
9th June 2013, 01:48 PM
if only Rand would come out and tell the truth - the US had extensive foreknowledge of 9-11, and did nothing to stop it.

so all these new spy-on-US-citizen laws do nothing to make US citizens more secure.

if Rand would just make that one little admission. Dang, that would be awesome.

mick silver
9th June 2013, 03:25 PM
do you want him dead before he can take the big office . he tell people what they want to hear nothing more nothing less right now . he may have learned something from his dad on how to run for office not to scare people

Ponce
9th June 2013, 04:04 PM
One more time.....DON'T trush this guy not matter what, he is a pro-Zionist and a traitor to the US.

V

Glass
9th June 2013, 04:23 PM
I would say that "might" is not good enough and not the path to take. He needs to be dumping every morsel of data he has access to, on the criminal actions of this group of people, into the public domain.

Someone started a "book burning". Pile it high.

Cebu_4_2
9th June 2013, 04:57 PM
RP spewed enough shit and got no media and no electoral votes, why would his son do worse, just to please us few? He has to play the game and suck ozzy cock like all others. If he gets into office he might be able to spit shreds on info out before they kill him. If he continues to play after that point his ass will hurt, that's it.