PDA

View Full Version : having some computer issues

Glass
1st July 2013, 01:37 AM
for the past couple of weeks, been having weird computer behaviour. hardware connecting and disconnecting itself randomly was the main one. Been unable to identify what is connecting and disconnnecting from any logs. This leads me to believe it could be an overlay like a packet sniffer or something. enabling one of those would unload and then reload the network card, which may be the hardware I am hearing connect and disconnect.

At this time I am unable to access a very select few web sites. Lets guess which web site might be in that list.

so until I can get this sorted I won't be posting back here. Hopefully I'll stumble on a fix and I won't be gone anywhere.

Glass
1st July 2013, 01:48 AM
ok so possible stumble. at least I can see where my things are being blocked now. So that at least looks promising and not as much like a hack on me specifically..... good news I hope! Very odd though

madfranks
1st July 2013, 07:14 AM
I would recommend Zonealarm's free firewall. Once installed, it will notify you when programs are trying to access the net or your computer registry, etc. If it is a malicious program, you'll find out.

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/zonealarm-pc-security-free-firewall.htm