PDA

View Full Version : STOP using Google and Facebook if you fear US spying, says Germany

Serpo
3rd July 2013, 03:01 PM
STOP using Google and Facebook if you fear US spying, says Germany

Stay off US websites if you don't want to be spied on, says German minister
Spoke in the wake of revelations the NSA have been 'spying' on US citizens

By Sara Malm (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Sara+Malm)
PUBLISHED: 12:11 GMT, 3 July 2013 | UPDATED: 13:43 GMT, 3 July 2013

If you are worried about the US spying on you, you need to stop using Google and Facebook, Germany's top security official has warned.
Internet users who fear their data is being intercepted by U.S. intelligence agencies such as the National Security Agency's should stay away from American websites run through American servers, Interior Minister Hans-Peter Friedrich said.
Leaked revelations about the NSA’s wholesale information on foreign web users has prompted outrage in Europe and calls for tighter international rules on data protection.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2354651/STOP-using-Google-Facebook-fear-US-spying-says-Germany.html#ixzz2Y1RTkJy7

Son-of-Liberty
3rd July 2013, 03:19 PM
I don't use either of those

startpage or ixquick instead of google

farcebook sucks anyway

Serpo
3rd July 2013, 03:31 PM
These two are the biggest spies on the net, anything relating too these ,are trackers ,even adds and those little buttons you see with google or farcebook on are all trackers.

singular_me
3rd July 2013, 04:40 PM
not easy to deete one's profile from facebook...

Shami-Amourae
3rd July 2013, 04:58 PM
I think you should use both. I sign into Facebook on another browser and use it to keep in touch with family. I don't get involved in politics and may only talk about my new favorite video game or whatever (PC stuff). It's better to put up a false front IMO than boycotting the stuff all together. Do what works for you.

Serpo
3rd July 2013, 05:01 PM
answer to goldie

they dont want you too leave ,they love you ......