PDA

View Full Version : 60-Year Old Woman Attacked by Police For Trying to Close Her Account & Withdraw Her C

Serpo
14th July 2013, 04:57 AM
60-Year Old Woman Attacked by Police For Trying to Close Her Account & Withdraw Her Cash From CitiBank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQrJ2_FDfA&feature=player_embedded#at=67h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQrJ2_FDfA&feature=player_embedded#at=67

http://sgtreport.com/2013/07/woman-attacked-by-police-trying-to-withdraw-her-cash-from-citibank/

palani
14th July 2013, 05:30 AM
Palani's Law ...Being stupid comes with penalties.

You can always create the circumstances that come with derivative injuries.

Don't tug on superman's cape.

Don't spit into the wind.

Don't pull the mask off the ole Lone Ranger and

You don't mess around with San Jose coppicemen.

willie pete
14th July 2013, 05:43 AM
I'd go to another branch and politely request my total funds in cash; and give them 3 days or so to make arrangements to get it

Ponce
14th July 2013, 08:19 AM
I went one time to a bank to cash a cashier check from that bank and they told me that they didn't have that much cash in the bank (it was the headquarter bank, not a branch). There were around 40 customers in the bank ........so.....I started yelling "What do you mean that you don't have money, a big bank like this one is broke?".........manager "Shhhhh shhhh I'll see if I can find you some money" hahahahahhaah, twenty minutes later I walked out of the bank with my money ..............and, oh yeah, the ammount of the check was only for 6 thou.

V

Horn
14th July 2013, 09:10 AM
I have a similar story with a San Jose C.R. bank here, minus the arrest.

And I was trying to give them money to start an account...lol

Half Sense
14th July 2013, 09:21 AM
Notice Savage says the problem is with the police. He doesn't mention the bank refusing the woman's lawful request and calling the cops on her.

Son-of-Liberty
14th July 2013, 09:24 AM
The problem is with both. If the police actually did their job when they showed up instead of automatically siding with the bank they may have asked the bank to give the woman her money or at least gotten the bank to make arrangements for the next day or two if that much cash wasn't available. Instead the customer who isn't given access to her own money is automatically in the wrong.

They used to be called peace officers.

Serpo
14th July 2013, 10:00 AM
and if this lady didnt like banks anymore WTF was she going to do with a check .....................put it under her mattress ?

gunDriller
14th July 2013, 10:15 AM
and if this lady didnt like banks anymore WTF was she going to do with a check .....................put it under her mattress ?

buy a gun and some bullets. or guns. maybe some rifles and PM's.

then she could join G-S.us ! :)

Cebu_4_2
14th July 2013, 12:05 PM
The check angle is bad, you don't get your cash and can't cash it in full anywhere. Unless you open another account at another bank you don't stand a chance at getting even pennies on the dollar and that's after having it sit there at least 3 days. Only thing possible is to withdraw a paltry amount every few days. And you thought it was your money lol.

madfranks
14th July 2013, 12:10 PM
I went one time to a bank to cash a cashier check from that bank and they told me that they didn't have that much cash in the bank (it was the headquarter bank, not a branch). There were around 40 customers in the bank ........so.....I started yelling "What do you mean that you don't have money, a big bank like this one is broke?".........manager "Shhhhh shhhh I'll see if I can find you some money" hahahahahhaah, twenty minutes later I walked out of the bank with my money ..............and, oh yeah, the ammount of the check was only for 6 thou.

V

You're kidding! They pretended not to have even $6000 cash to give you? Only once have I tried to withdraw a large sum of cash and I swear they act like you're robbing the place.

Cebu_4_2
14th July 2013, 12:14 PM
At my old credit union I walked in with a check for 22K and asked for cash in large bills. Not any problem, not even a question. This was about 3 years ago.

milehi
14th July 2013, 12:37 PM
I checked my credit union account this morning. There's $24 in there. I get paid tomorrow and will add only the bare minimum amount of credits.