PDA

View Full Version : Police officers replace boy's stolen bike

Jewboo
12th August 2013, 05:36 AM
Police officers replace boy's stolen bike

CALDWELL -- Imagine being 9 years old, and having your bike stolen. That's just what happened to Koby Wilkinson this week in Caldwell.

It's what happened next that he won't forget. And it's all thanks to a group of generous Caldwell police officers.

After the bike was stolen, Koby's grandma called police.

"We swung by and that's when I met Kobe, sitting out in the front yard," said Caldwell Police Sgt. Joey Hoadley. "His bike got stolen when he ran inside to watch a movie."

"He was devastated," said Koby's mom, Jessica. "It was really hard on him."

Sgt. Hoadley could relate.

"For some reason, this one stuck with me," Hoadley said. "When I was a kid about Koby's age the same thing happened to me. Ran inside to eat lunch, came outside and my bike was gone."

Hoadley felt his pain, and wanted to do something for Koby. That's when he had an idea. "Maybe we should just go out and buy him a bike and surprise him in the morning."

He went to WalMart in Caldwell, and the manager there graciously offered to donate a bike to Koby.

The next day, Hoadley along with a line of patrol cars pulled up in front of Koby's house. Then they popped open the trunk and pulled out a brand new bike.

"I was really excited," said Kobe.

Koby's mom, Jessica, was just as surprised to hear what happened. "He was just ecstatic, I was overjoyed, I couldn't believe this had actually happened."

But it did happen. Koby was able to ride again.

"Instead of a negative thing that he remembers his whole life, it's a positive and that was our goal," said Hoadley.

Goal accomplished.

"It was a great lesson for him not only to take care of his bike, but that there are truly people out there who care," said Jessica. "They are heroes. Such great guys that cared about my son and did this for him. It touched me and will remain in our hearts forever."

Linky (http://www.ktvb.com/video/featured-videos/Police-officers-replace-boys-stolen-bike-219213661.html)

:rolleyes: GSUS Haters still gonna hate all police...lol.

Santa
12th August 2013, 07:11 AM
Hoadley felt his pain, and wanted to do something for Trayvon. That's when he had an idea. "Maybe we should just go out and get him a bike and surprise him in the morning."

He went to WalMart in Caldwell, and the manager there graciously offered to donate a bike to Trayvon.

GSUS Haters still gonna hate all police...lol.

Yeah, so now the manager of Walmart jacks up the price of bikes for all the other kids in the hood to make up for the loss, and the police are worshiped as "heroes".
Nice example of fascism where the State collaborates with the Corporation to control the masses.

Jewboo
12th August 2013, 05:49 PM
Nice example of fascism where the State collaborates with the Corporation to control the masses.

http://media.cleveland.com/tv_blog/photo/griffithjpg-b93c5082ed3c38e1.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/exagerent/police/prison.gif

Shami-Amourae
12th August 2013, 06:01 PM
Idaho police generally are friendly from what I've met. Completely different than California police. Notice that the kid isn't wearing a helmet too. :)

Santa
12th August 2013, 06:51 PM
Idaho police generally are friendly from what I've met. Completely different than California police. Notice that the kid isn't wearing a helmet too. :)

I wouldn't know about Idaho. I live in the Constitution-free State of Florida.

osoab
12th August 2013, 07:06 PM
Shouldn't the title read, "Idaho cops shake down Wal-mart for a kid's bicycle in exchange for good publicity"?

MNeagle
12th August 2013, 07:12 PM
Rough crowd tonight. Forget the helmet, get a bike lock!

Hitch
12th August 2013, 07:12 PM
Right on, Book. Cheers for a good thread.

Glad to see when folks notice the nice things police do. It rarely gets noticed.

Shami-Amourae
12th August 2013, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't know about Idaho. I live in the Constitution-free State of Florida.

When I applied for concealed carry I had to deal with a cop. We talked. He was telling me he was buying his wife an AR-15 when the prices come down from this scare. He told me I should buy an AR-15 soon too. He told me good places to buy ammo and get training. He just flat out told me this stuff, not fishing info out of me. Basically he was very happy I wanted to carry and wanted to make sure I had good training and decent firepower. Completely different mindset from California police.

I'm not saying I trust/like cops. I hate/fear them deep down, but I am impressed how different they are here. They seem to want to help the community more in general here than the us versus them mentality.

Rubberchicken
13th August 2013, 07:41 AM
Jewboo twitter account revealed....

Jewboo
13th August 2013, 06:23 PM
Jewboo twitter account revealed...

http://lindsayinwonderlanddotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/anklebiter.jpg

Rubberchicken attacking me...lol

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley_yawn.gif

Hitch
13th August 2013, 10:39 PM
Rubberchicken attacking me...lol

Bookhead,

You troll a lot of folks here (and you know it). That doesn't mean it's right to troll you back.

You've been contributing to this forum, I mean, it's good to see you thinking. I suppose I'm saying it's good that you are trying to add in a positive manner, like this thread topic, for example.

Bottom line, keep up the good work. I'm rooting for you.

Jewboo
11th March 2014, 11:56 AM
Book,

You've been contributing to this forum, I mean, it's good to see you thinking. I suppose I'm saying it's good that you are trying to add in a positive manner, like this thread topic, for example.

Bottom line, keep up the good work. I'm rooting for you.

http://www.sectalk.com/board/public/imported_images/gifs.gifbin.com/1298914487_car-plows-through-cyclists.gif

Jewboo
14th March 2014, 11:29 AM
Bump for Hitch and Camp Bassfish

:rolleyes: