PDA

View Full Version : OT - The call of the wild is absolutely insane in Enzo

General of Darkness
16th August 2013, 02:01 PM
My female Shelby is in heat, and her eggs dropped Wednesday and is in standing heat and it's driving Enzo fucking crazy, so I had the idea of putting Enzo in her kennel outside so he doesn't have her smell driving him crazy. Within 30 minutes he had managed to squeeze through a previously protected 6 INCH space to being in the living room.

Nature is fucking crazy and the stronger the dog the stronger the urge to breed. There have been dogs that have impaled themselves, disappeared just trying to get some loving. And women have the nerve to call themselves the weaker sex.

midnight rambler
16th August 2013, 02:49 PM
The testosterone is strong in that boy, he takes after his sire in that respect.

Sounds like he did the rodent maneuver, i.e. if he can get his head through it then the rest of his body is easy.

Gold Rules
16th August 2013, 03:36 PM
God

Here is what I do when my girls ( as of today 5 are in season) & 3 of the boys are being stupid.

I give the boys 1 - 25mg of acepromazine ( for a 75 - 110 lb male ) they mellow out & some go for a midday nap

25 years ago I almost lost a top specials male I was showing because he was a jerk when the girls went into season got hooked up with a good show vet & ace fixed that

mind you not all vets will prescribe ace or know how to use it properly & what I give my boys may not be the right dosage for your dog ( find a good vet who will understand & work with you )

Just a fyi about what worked for me

General of Darkness
16th August 2013, 03:56 PM
God

Here is what I do when my girls ( as of today 5 are in season) & 3 of the boys are being stupid.

I give the boys 1 - 25mg of acepromazine ( for a 75 - 110 lb male ) they mellow out & some go for a midday nap

25 years ago I almost lost a top specials male I was showing because he was a jerk when the girls went into season got hooked up with a good show vet & ace fixed that

mind you not all vets will prescribe ace or know how to use it properly & what I give my boys may not be the right dosage for your dog ( find a good vet who will understand & work with you )

Just a fyi about what worked for me

I'll be at the vets in 30 minutes. I'll ask.