PDA

View Full Version : Cancer-Causing Chemical in Nearly 100 Hair Care and personal care products

General of Darkness
1st September 2013, 07:49 AM
Shit I use American Crew. I'd paste the article but it's too long.

http://ceh.org/making-news/press-releases/29-eliminating-toxics/663-lawsuit-launched-as-testing-finds-cancer-causing-chemical-in-nearly-100-hair-care-and-personal-care-products

singular_me
1st September 2013, 07:59 AM
too bad they don't mention hair dyes

Glass
1st September 2013, 09:30 AM
I use a single basic soap with no perfumes or other things added. It's normally a laundry soap. An old style one. I use it for all needs including hair. Works well. Simplifies bug out and preps.

Hitch
1st September 2013, 09:39 AM
I use a single basic soap with no perfumes or other things added. It's normally a laundry soap. An old style one. I use it for all needs including hair. Works well. Simplifies bug out and preps.

That's a great idea man. For those of us who have limited space, a bar soap/shampoo could really simplify things. What product do you use? Do you also use it for laundry too?

Sandblaster
1st September 2013, 09:51 AM
Lucky for me, most of my hair fell out before these products were ever thought of.

StreetsOfGold
1st September 2013, 01:03 PM
too bad they don't mention hair dyes

Henna

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/henna.php

StreetsOfGold
1st September 2013, 01:07 PM
The general rule of thumb is to ask yourself one question when buying anything that affects your health.

Did a government CORPORATION produce it? If the answer is yes, stay away. Plain and simple. This list is far from complete.

EE_
1st September 2013, 01:16 PM
small edit

The general rule of thumb is to ask yourself one question when buying anything that affects your health.

Did a government [Jewish] CORPORATION produce it? If the answer is yes, stay away. Plain and simple. This list is far from complete.

Serpo
1st September 2013, 02:14 PM
Trust no product mass produced ,that are applied to body ect.

Research totally anything like this before using......

gunDriller
1st September 2013, 02:19 PM
Lucky for me, most of my hair fell out before these products were ever thought of.

washing my 'hair' is not a priority for me either.

actually, i only use soap to wash my hands.

i take a hot bath and a shower - at least - every day.

every other day, i am in the pool for an hour+, then in the hot tub, then back in the pool, then a bath and a shower.

using soap seems a little un-necessary.

however, i do concede that soap does help to get clothes clean.

Serpo
1st September 2013, 02:23 PM
washing my 'hair' is not a priority for me either.

actually, i only use soap to wash my hands.

i take a hot bath and a shower - at least - every day.

every other day, i am in the pool for an hour+, then in the hot tub, then back in the pool, then a bath and a shower.

using soap seems a little un-necessary.

however, i do concede that soap does help to get clothes clean.

the body has a protective mantle on the skin which gets broken down with soap,it takes about 3 days to reform.

it has been found that soap can make peoples body odor worse , my brother found this out when he stopped using soap....less body odor

sad how they use a great thing like coconut oil and transform it into a carcinogenic material

Glass
1st September 2013, 03:43 PM
alcohol consumption also causes increase body odor.