PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends

iOWNme
7th October 2013, 09:57 AM
People who own private homes are being forced out because they live on Federal owned land. The 'Government' says the people must leave because they cannot provide 'services' to them. How did human beings survive before the Federal 'Government' was IMAGINED into existence?

Video at link...

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/Lake-Mead-Property-Owners-Forced-Out-Until-Gov-Shutdown-Ends-226557661.html

"The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they’re being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land.

Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They’ve been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn’t an option."

Where did the Federal Government get the money to buy the land they claim they own?

Hitch
7th October 2013, 10:17 AM
The 'Government' says the people must leave because they cannot provide 'services' to them

If the park service can not provide 'services', then how can they force them to leave? Who does the forcing?

If the rangers have been furloughed, who can physically force these people out of their homes. If they can force them, they haven't been furloughed obviously...and should go back to their regular 'services'.

I'd get that ranger's badge number and call and ask why his ass hasn't been furloughed...

Libertytree
7th October 2013, 10:23 AM
I'd say a hearty FUCK YOU is in order!

Horn
7th October 2013, 10:37 AM
How these homes were built on a Park Reserve is one question.

But u gotta luv the extreme rapidness with which the vulturous system can operate onto itself in the desert Nevada.

That's Harry Reid's district, and they're probably Republicans living in that upscale area.

ximmy
7th October 2013, 10:58 AM
The people must suffer...

milehi
7th October 2013, 11:39 AM
I spent Saturday in Joshua Tree National Park. I heard it was closed so I went in on a off road trail. We had a nice picnic and a hike in our park.

EE_
7th October 2013, 12:16 PM
I spent Saturday in Joshua Tree National Park. I heard it was closed so I went in on a off road trail. We had a nice picnic and a hike in our park.

I've hiked 10 or 20 miles of the park, I liked it.

Hitch
7th October 2013, 01:40 PM

I might have to get creative like this. I'm planning a trip north into Oregon in a few days and having a tough time because I don't know which parks are closed.

milehi
7th October 2013, 05:03 PM
Yesterday, we drove across the desert up into the eastern Sierra. Today we hiked the Trail of 100 Giants, which was closed. But not to me.