PDA

View Full Version : Sources of Stress ... Web-hosting ?

gunDriller
9th October 2013, 12:27 PM
I currently have personal stuff stored at 1and1.com ... and they suck.

Not only that, they revoked ZionCrimeFactory.com's hosting privileges, yielding to the Jewish lobby.

I recently used Angelfire (remember them ?) to communicate pictures of a machine to someone. I was recently desperate, but it worked.

All I want is something easy like Angelfire - or like Geocities used to be.

But without big bandwidth costs. Angelfire is $3 a month for a tiny amount of storage. A minimal amount of storage is about $7 a month.

So who do you like ?

I had been using Leech FTP for accessing 1and1's server, my little part of it.

That stopped working.

For practical purposes, they have no customer service. Supposedly it costs $60 a year.

I've been FTP'ing since the early '90's. As an aside I'm curious why web hosting is 'changing'.

I understand the need to automate phpBB/ mySQL installs. I went through it using CPanel & Softaculous, and am working on a template.

In the meantime I need "regular old HTML" type hosting.

I always thought of Angelfire as amateurish, but ... that's OK now :)

Can someone tell me about a webhost that will knock my socks off ?

Please do not say Crocweb. or GoDaddy.

(GoDaddy is the OTHER host/ registrar that helped to take down ZCF.)

Re-Title ~ "Sources of Stress & Zionist Censorship ... Web-hosting ?"

V10Silver
9th October 2013, 12:36 PM
I currently have personal stuff stored at 1and1.com ... and they suck.

Not only that, they revoked ZionCrimeFactory.com's hosting privileges, yielding to the Jewish lobby.

I recently used Angelfire (remember them ?) to communicate pictures of a machine to someone. I was recently desperate, but it worked.

All I want is something easy like Angelfire - or like Geocities used to be.

But without big bandwidth costs. Angelfire is $3 a month for a tiny amount of storage. A minimal amount of storage is about $7 a month.

So who do you like ?

I had been using Leech FTP for accessing 1and1's server, my little part of it.

That stopped working.

For practical purposes, they have no customer service. Supposedly it costs $60 a year.

I've been FTP'ing since the early '90's. As an aside I'm curious why web hosting is 'changing'.

I understand the need to automate phpBB/ mySQL installs. I went through it using CPanel & Softaculous, and am working on a template.

In the meantime I need "regular old HTML" type hosting.

I always thought of Angelfire as amateurish, but ... that's OK now :)

Can someone tell me about a webhost that will knock my socks off ?

Please do not say Crocweb. or GoDaddy.

(GoDaddy is the OTHER host/ registrar that helped to take down ZCF.)

Re-Title ~ "Sources of Stress & Zionist Censorship ... Web-hosting ?"
Without a doubt POWWEB.com........CHEAP, Lots of storage, Unlimited emailboxes Been with them since 99

chad
9th October 2013, 12:38 PM
123ehost.com. i have 89 accounts with them. $4.17 a month. they're indians who relocated to canada.

ximmy
9th October 2013, 01:28 PM
I've been looking for a place to transfer my domain names away from yahoo... yahoo is infested with .. well you know who.

singular_me
9th October 2013, 01:36 PM
Liberty Web Alliance - Hosting and Web Tech for Liberty

libertyweballiance.com/‎

Liberty Web Alliance provides hosting and tech support for some of the most impactful sites in the liberty community. Join us!

gunDriller
9th October 2013, 02:16 PM
I've been looking for a place to transfer my domain names away from yahoo... yahoo is infested with .. well you know who.

Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooos

chad
9th October 2013, 02:46 PM

you can do that with 123ehost.com as well. i love them. if i could pay them in ntr metals bars, i would, i like them that much.

gunDriller
9th October 2013, 02:57 PM
you can do that with 123ehost.com as well. i love them. if i could pay them in ntr metals bars, i would, i like them that much.

i have nothing to lose.

except my Stress ! :)

what 1and1.com does is they advertise an appealing starter rate for domain name reg., then they raise it to $15 a year, not exactly a competitive price.

for the G-S.us members who are web-literate, programmers, etc., i wonder - what stops them from starting a web hosting & domain name reg. company - with a policy of supporting free speech ?

Libertytree
9th October 2013, 03:08 PM
i have nothing to lose.

what 1and1.com does is they advertise an appealing starter rate for domain name reg., then they raise it to $15 a year, not exactly a competitive price.

for the G-S.us members who are web-literate, programmers, etc., i wonder - what stops them from starting a web hosting & domain name reg. company - with a policy of supporting free speech ?

Are you really asking that question my friend? Even if I were such a guru I don't know if I'd put my neck out there like that....at least not this early in the game.

chad
9th October 2013, 03:29 PM
i have nothing to lose.

i like to sleep & vacation. when you own data centers, you never get to do that.

V10Silver
9th October 2013, 04:22 PM
After 31 years in IT ...I'm retiring. The Stress of maintaining a datacenter and the responsibility are really taking their toll on my health. Again I recommend POWWEB 3.44 a month with HUGE amount of storage and unlimited Email boxes. Domain reg is a snap.

ximmy
9th October 2013, 05:12 PM
After 31 years in IT ...I'm retiring. The Stress of maintaining a datacenter and the responsibility are really taking their toll on my health. Again I recommend POWWEB 3.44 a month with HUGE amount of storage and unlimited Email boxes. Domain reg is a snap.

but does POWWEB censor websites?

I want mine hosted out of the US.

MAGNES
9th October 2013, 05:18 PM

Even if I were such a guru I don't know if I'd put my neck out there like that....at least not this early in the game.

This is coming from a guy in chat with the biggest dirt bag Jew trolls this forum ever had, his friends.

Coming from a guy who has most likely met Mayhem troll that hacked these forums in real life.
LT never outs the Jews ever, that is how he used his free speech on here, he even excuses
them in many posts, and ignores their destruction of Ron Paul.

Have a look at what he has to say here, my friends on this forum have been attacked in real life, more than once, and this is why I opened this thread, and it happened again after I opened this thread.

Anonyimity ! (http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?64413-Anonyimity-%21)

V10Silver
9th October 2013, 05:21 PM
but does POWWEB censor websites?

I want mine hosted out of the US.
Not sure, I haven't had a problem with them.

Ares
9th October 2013, 05:26 PM
i have nothing to lose.

Startup cost.. I've actually thought about it. But to be a web host you need a good chunk of bandwidth (I'd say at least 1 gig line) Server equipment (I'd probably start with a Dell PowerEdge R720 (x2 for fail over redundancy) EMC SAN for content storage and server backups. Tape Server to backup the data on the SAN. Keep in mind that all of this could fit easily in a single rack. But then you have to weigh in power. Probably APC enterprise class backup power system, and then lease some space in a data center.

For just that equipment alone, time, configuration, software licenses. You're looking at close to 100 - 150k. So it's not cheap. This is just for a single rack. I didn't add in the switches, fiber channel, fiber and wires. A good firewall product, I'd prefer F5 but you're looking at close to 40k just for the device. Could use a Cisco ASA, or if you wanna go really cheap SonicWall. But you get what you pay for.

ShortJohnSilver
9th October 2013, 05:59 PM
Startup cost.. I've actually thought about it. But to be a web host you need a good chunk of bandwidth (I'd say at least 1 gig line) Server equipment (I'd probably start with a Dell PowerEdge R720 (x2 for fail over redundancy) EMC SAN for content storage and server backups. Tape Server to backup the data on the SAN. Keep in mind that all of this could fit easily in a single rack. But then you have to weigh in power. Probably APC enterprise class backup power system, and then lease some space in a data center.

For just that equipment alone, time, configuration, software licenses. You're looking at close to 100 - 150k. So it's not cheap. This is just for a single rack. I didn't add in the switches, fiber channel, fiber and wires. A good firewall product, I'd prefer F5 but you're looking at close to 40k just for the device. Could use a Cisco ASA, or if you wanna go really cheap SonicWall. But you get what you pay for.

You don't need any of that stuff, what you need, is a server in Amsterdam which you can rent for like $100/month.

Glass
9th October 2013, 06:31 PM
When I go to 123 etc it gets pinged for malware by my AV - avast. Any one else get that?

It seems to be from the banner ad on the top of the screen. It's unclear what the problem is but some people suggest its a blacklist block not a live threat. I looked around and 123 URL and it reports clean as as does the source url for the advert. The powweb guys look ok but I don't know much about most of this stuff.

Ares
9th October 2013, 06:38 PM
I know you can rent server space. Was just answering a question about why someone from GSUS doesn't setup their own domain hosting service. I host quite a few services on my own server out of my house. But it's no where near capable of handling hundreds of thousands request per second.

Glass
3rd January 2014, 04:22 PM
wondering if there is a preferred choice out there? Anyone find something better or sign up with one of the ones mentioned here and have any feed back?

Hitch
3rd January 2014, 04:28 PM
i like to sleep & vacation. when you own data centers, you never get to do that.

Why are you guys creating and adding stress to your lives?

Ares
3rd January 2014, 04:33 PM
Gundriller

Check out this site. They seem to be strong proponents of Free speech.

https://ititch.com/

Glass
3rd January 2014, 04:41 PM
Gundriller

Check out this site. They seem to be strong proponents of Free speech.

https://ititch.com/

looks interesting. One think I will point out about this company. They have a post box address in QLD. Queensland Australia. My adivce is do not do business with anyone from Queensland. That should reduce your chance of being ripped off down from 100% to about 0%.

Ares
3rd January 2014, 05:32 PM
looks interesting. One think I will point out about this company. They have a post box address in QLD. Queensland Australia. My adivce is do not do business with anyone from Queensland. That should reduce your chance of being ripped off down from 100% to about 0%.

Looks like New Zealand.

P.O. Box: 27191
Christchurch
NZ
0800 002 901

Serpo
3rd January 2014, 06:42 PM

Changed from avast to bit defender after advice from my tech head friend who worked on my computer.

Dont you mean the gold coast of Qland........hahaha know what you mean

Serpo
3rd January 2014, 06:43 PM
Looks like New Zealand.

P.O. Box: 27191
Christchurch
NZ
0800 002 901

hey my ol home town..............it must be good............earthquake proof is it............ha

CH is short for Christchurch, practically the only major city in Australasia that hasnt got fluoridated water,thanks too some friends of mine..............(magazine articles)

Glass
3rd January 2014, 07:20 PM
Dont you mean the gold coast of Qland........hahaha know what you mean

Yes white shoes and Panama hats. I'm thinking Jo Bejoke-ee. and his side kick who's name escapes me. but seriously do business elsewhere than QLD.

I saw it said NZ and registered somewhere in the EU and postal in AU. If it was NZ then ok.

Serpo
3rd January 2014, 07:26 PM
Yes white shoes and Panama hats. I'm thinking Jo Bejoke-ee. and his side kick who's name escapes me. but seriously do business elsewhere than QLD.

I saw it said NZ and registered somewhere in the EU and postal in AU. If it was NZ then ok.

just reading about them and they say this.............With web servers located in secret locations on three different continents,

Jo Bejoke-ee was NZS greatest export to OZ.......we sure didnt want him..............haha

Glass
3rd January 2014, 07:35 PM
so anyone else using this powweb outfit mentioned in this thread?

Serpo
3rd January 2014, 07:42 PM
so anyone else using this powweb outfit mentioned in this thread?

Ive started writing ebooks on health related topics and can self publish through website called lulu , but would need own web site eventually,but not yet.

Ares
3rd January 2014, 10:00 PM

Actually went reading more on their site. They have Data centers in Asia, North America, and Europe. Europe is the most expensive. Probably from all the stupid VAT taxes. Next is North America, cheapest is Asia for web hosting.

Hypertiger
3rd January 2014, 11:28 PM
You can manipulate the Universe however you desire as long as you do not attempt to break LAW or get caught breaking a rule.

Only people ignorant of Truth believe the pen is mightier than the sword.

Or that a lie you believe is Truth (Satan) is mightier than Truth. (GOD)

The First

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

Congress has to let you babble your babble.

The Second

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Bearing arms is the right to self defence.

You can babble all that you wish about the first...But it does not protect you from the second strangling you to death...to stop your babble.

Here is freedom of speech in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hU4bwFutNw

gunDriller
4th January 2014, 05:47 AM
http://www.prophpbb.com/

they seem to have free phpBB forums, AND they have the interface i used at Dreamhost in 2008. very easy to set up forum categories & sub-categories etc.

still wondering what the catch is. but i like it.

FreeEnergy
6th January 2014, 09:46 PM
Just incidentally ran into this thread.

powweb is run by enrudance international, which is a large hosting conglomerate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

I run some sites on one of their hostings. I guess ok, nothing spectacular, had various issues over the years including shutting my hosting down when bandwidth exceeded normal.

I probably won't trust a for profit corp. conglomerate to be very freedom-oriented.

Glass
6th January 2014, 10:01 PM
yes it is difficult to find the right host. I will concentrate on getting the domain sorted and will look to find a good host. I ideally would like something outside of the US. Asia would be good.

Cebu_4_2
27th January 2014, 08:36 PM
Based on a one year plan at both 123ehost & powweb:

123ehost has a SSL Certificate charge starting @ $39.00 a year which adds to their basic plan $3.13 @ $6.47 a month. $77.64 for 1 year.
this charge is pretty much hidden until you go into the little details.

Powweb is 4.18 a month including the SSL Certificate then renews at 9.49 a month. $50.16 upfront for 1 year then $113.88 per year after.

I need to relocate my site then find someone to redesign it from way back in 2008 so I can start getting work in here again. The site worked great back then, now not so much and my web guy retired on me. I can't even check if I'm even getting any hits through godaddy, I think that's extra...

If anyone is interested feel free to PM me.

Glass
27th January 2014, 08:54 PM
i had all sorts of problems getting the domain registered. Because the deal involved a couple of people working from different countries and the bill being paid with a non US credit card it kept getting knocked back. In the end we used a company local to one of the people. Language was a barrier but we are up and running now.