PDA

View Full Version : 40% off

ImaCannin
11th October 2013, 10:42 AM
I ran in to the mall yesterday, most all the stores were having a 40% off sale for Columbus Day. I am not sure I have ever seen a 40% off sale on everything in a store that was not going out of business, and for COLUMBUS DAY? Whats up with that?

Either these stores have had a horrid late summer / fall sales or they are trying to dump all their merchandise before pooh pooh hits the fan!

What are your thoughts?

chad
11th October 2013, 11:06 AM
xmas is expected to be horrible this year. i think they're trying to make up for that. went to k-mart the other day, never seen stuff so cheap, everything was on sale. now food and energy on the other hand...

EE_
11th October 2013, 11:20 AM
Was in that Jewish store 'Kohl's' yesterday...everything was marked down, I had $30 dollars Kohl's cash to spend, a 20% and a 10% coupon. I used all the discounts and got out of there only spending $43 bucks. Must be the strong economic recovery?

chad
11th October 2013, 11:35 AM
Was in that Jewish store 'Kohl's' yesterday...everything was marked down, I had $30 dollars Kohl's cash to spend, a 20% and a 10% coupon. I used all the discounts and got out of there only spending $43 bucks. Must be the strong economic recovery?

did they ask you if you wanted to apply for a kohl's card like 37 times (lives right by where herb kohl's vacation house is)?

ImaCannin
11th October 2013, 11:59 AM
They asked me if I wanted a kohls card once.... I got it and got 20% off my purchase, then had a 20% off coupon, then mostly only bought what was on the 50% off sales rack! My 1200.00 ticket ended up being 250.00. Now, every month, they send me a coupon for 20 to 30% off, if I use my kohls card. I use my kohls card, then before leaving the check out line, I pay off my credit card.
If ya can't beat em', ya might as well try to screw them over like they are trying to screw you over!

ximmy
11th October 2013, 12:30 PM
I ran in to the mall yesterday, most all the stores were having a 40% off sale for Columbus Day. I am not sure I have ever seen a 40% off sale on everything in a store that was not going out of business, and for COLUMBUS DAY? Whats up with that?

Either these stores have had a horrid late summer / fall sales or they are trying to dump all their merchandise before pooh pooh hits the fan!

What are your thoughts?

40% off is dumping inventory so they don't have to return it to the vendor. Easier to sell to consumers than spend time reboxing & returning items.
There might be special sale terms like no exchanges or returns on these items.

willie pete
11th October 2013, 03:11 PM
many many vendors consistently have % off sales, I'd suppose most of it is season driven