PDA

View Full Version : GSUS Bitcoin P2Pool node

Ares
11th October 2013, 08:33 PM
If anyone's interested, I've figured out how to setup a proper P2Pool node to where it will mine and pay out correctly to the address of the miner for the work they've done. Can also setup a percentage fee (obviously really low, or not at all depends on whats agreed on) but I can't host it from my home due to me already running my own P2pool node.

Question: Is this something the mods would be interested in? I can set it up for Bitcoin or Litecoin, or any coin that P2Pool supports. I'm more familiar with a Windows setup, but can do Linux. If someone has a host I can set it up, that is if anyone is interested. Feel free to PM me.

Shami-Amourae
12th October 2013, 03:37 PM
I don't know if it's profitable to mine anything right now with regular computer rigs. Just saying.

Ares
12th October 2013, 05:51 PM
True but some of us here are using GPU's (Litecoins) and ASICs (Bitcoins). Just thought I'd throw it out and see if anyone was interested. I'm running both types of nodes out of my house. If anyone would like to join let me know in a PM, and I'll give you the address to connect too. It does support stratum and longpoll.

Just got tired of the pools I was connecting too always either going down, or losing connection. So I setup my own.