PDA

View Full Version : How Will You Deal With The Body Of A Dead Loved One During A Societal Collapse?

ximmy
16th October 2013, 11:05 AM
Interesting topic... From the Daily Sheeple... Wake the Flock up!

Regular burial will not be possible in a collapse situation
Following on from the articles (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/why-i-wont-be-charitable-when-the-shtf_102013) [2] I wrote earlier this week discussing the moral dilemmas (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/will-i-be-called-a-looter-a-forager-a-scavenger-or-just-a-common-thief_102013) [3] we will all face in the event of a societal collapse I have come to the conclusion that most of us think a good deal about the deaths that will follow such an event, but we rarely consider how to deal with the bodies.
I am not talking about the mass of corpses lying in the street, though that will be a concern. I am talking about the death of a family member or one of your survival group....

It’s going to happen, at some point someone in our family or survival group is going to die. Have you considered how you will deal with this?
Although any of the methods mentioned in Body Disposal Post Collapse will work they may not be the best methods of dealing with the body of someone you love. The death of a family member is at the best of times traumatic and not being able to give them the funeral they expected, or deserved is going to make it even more so.
It will be difficult dealing with your grief, and the grief of the rest of the family at the same time as coping with all the life or death issues that a total collapse will force upon us.
You need to consider this before an event takes place.
How you deal with it will depend on your situation. Are you in an apartment? Do you have acres of land? Even the weather will play a part, it’s impossible to dig in frozen ground.
Once again there is no one size fits all answer to this problem, there are too many variables for that. As unpleasant as it is you need to think carefully about your situation and environment and list how you would deal with the issue and the materials that you would need to do so.
Putting together a box for your ‘burial kit’ would be a good idea and means that you are not having to go through piles of preps to find what you need. We all like to think we are tough, but we will be affected, and anything you can do now to lessen the trauma and expedite a speedy solution is worthwhile. Dealing with the situation swiftly and competently will allow the family/group to move on together knowing they have done the best they can in the circumstances they find themselves in.
We all know that children are going to suffer greatly in a collapse. Personally I think that wherever possible they should be involved with proceedings should someone close to them die. To shut them out of it tends to leave them wondering what happened and fearful that they too will one day just vanish without a trace....

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/how-will-you-deal-with-the-body-of-a-dead-loved-one-during-a-societal-collapse_102013/print/

Following on from the articles (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/why-i-wont-be-charitable-when-the-shtf_102013) I wrote earlier this week discussing the moral dilemmas (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/will-i-be-called-a-looter-a-forager-a-scavenger-or-just-a-common-thief_102013) we will all face in the event of a societal collapse I have come to the conclusion that most of us think a good deal about the deaths that will follow such an event, but we rarely consider how to deal with the bodies.
I am not talking about the mass of corpses lying in the street, though that will be a concern. I am talking about the death of a family member or one of your survival group.
- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/how-will-you-deal-with-the-body-of-a-dead-loved-one-during-a-societal-collapse_102013#sthash.e0rojY10.dpuf

old steel
16th October 2013, 12:08 PM
I have tried to think about it and plan but it is going to be a very bad time for me.

Then again it will be a very bad time for someone else if they cause that untimely death.

Still trying to figure out how to deal with the death of my dog when it comes.

He is going downhill and with winter just around the corner it would be tough to bury him properly so i am heading out to the north farm to dig a grave for him now as when the ground is frozen it would be next to impossible and i want a short memorial service and goodbye on that sad day.

osoab
16th October 2013, 12:22 PM
If they got the plague, I am using them as a bio-weapon.

gunDriller
16th October 2013, 12:44 PM
old-fashioned burial ?

ShortJohnSilver
16th October 2013, 12:46 PM
In Guatemala they do not embalm, they bury within 24 or 48 hours as a result.

Uncle Salty
16th October 2013, 01:17 PM
That's easy.

Just take them to the Soylent Green factory and get top dollar!

Ares
16th October 2013, 01:32 PM
If they got the plague, I am using them as a bio-weapon.

LOL medieval warfare here we come!!! (again)

There was a PC game I played when I was younger called "Stronghold". You could catapolt dead plague bodies over the castle wall to start spreading plague to the people behind the walls. It was a great and effective tactic. As people became sick, they couldn't adequately defend their castle.

gunDriller
16th October 2013, 03:02 PM
cut off the head, encase it in clear plastic resin with a diameter of 8.55 inches.

add weights to bring it up to 16 pounds.

AND GO BOWLING !!!

oh, and don't forget the finger holes.

maybe you can use the eye socket & the nasal cavity ?

ximmy
21st October 2013, 04:43 PM
I'm going to start buying shovels, a pick, things like that just in case. maybe a big carving knife...

osoab
21st October 2013, 05:09 PM
maybe a big carving knife...

Get a butchering set. Then you are prepared for all circumstances.

mick silver
23rd October 2013, 03:33 AM
just like people did back in the day , one hole at a time

Twisted Titan
23rd October 2013, 04:52 AM
Still trying to figure out how to deal with the death of my dog when it comes.

He is going downhill and with winter just around the corner it would be tough to bury him properly so i am heading out to the north farm to dig a grave for him now as when the ground is frozen it would be next to impossible and i want a short memorial service and goodbye on that sad day.

If the passing occurs during the winter. A way to make frozen ground enterable.

In the morning before work
Take a full bag of charcoal
Spread to nice size rectangle
Pour a full container of lighter fluid on the bricks
Light and leave

By time your return in the evening there will be a patch of warm earth that can be dug up rather easily

Light

sirgonzo420
23rd October 2013, 05:42 AM
cut off the head, encase it in clear plastic resin with a diameter of 8.55 inches.

add weights to bring it up to 16 pounds.

AND GO BOWLING !!!

oh, and don't forget the finger holes.

maybe you can use the eye socket & the nasal cavity ?

I am SHOCKED........

....that you didn't say "compost 'em".