PDA

View Full Version : Type in your zip code

Jewboo
16th October 2013, 12:55 PM
WHICH OF YOUR NEIGHBORS IS GETTING ALL THIS FREE MONEY?

:o

TYPE IN YOUR ZIP CODE (http://farm.ewg.org/)

woodman
16th October 2013, 03:28 PM
Wow! I am sickened. Many of these people are quite well off already. To think that they are getting money from the government makes me angry. I know most of the people on the list for my county.Let's call it what it is. Welfare for the rich. Payed for by the poor. Ayn Rand would love it.

osoab
16th October 2013, 03:57 PM
Wow! I am sickened. Many of these people are quite well off already. To think that they are getting money from the government makes me angry. I know most of the people on the list for my county.Let's call it what it is. Welfare for the rich. Payed for by the poor. Ayn Rand would love it.

I checked an area I am familiar with. The numbers reflect 17 years of payments. Run the numbers about how much they might pay in taxes, especially property taxes.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
16th October 2013, 04:09 PM
I ran 90210 and found that there are several farmers in Beverly Hills collecting subsidies. Who knew.

osoab
16th October 2013, 04:11 PM
I ran 90210 and found that there are several farmers in Beverly Hills collecting subsidies. Who knew.

They probably own farmland that is rented out somewhere.

woodman
16th October 2013, 04:11 PM
I checked an area I am familiar with. The numbers reflect 17 years of payments. Run the numbers about how much they might pay in taxes, especially property taxes.

As far as property taxes, they are exempt from 18 mils, about half or third the entire load, because they qualify for an agricultural exemption which is in effect the same as the homestead exemption.

osoab
16th October 2013, 04:13 PM
As far as property taxes, they are exempt from 18 mils, about half or third the entire load, because they qualify for an agricultural exemption which is in effect the same as the homestead exemption.

Not where I'm from.

woodman
16th October 2013, 04:14 PM
The thing to take away from this is the fact that the bigger the outfit the more they are taking. Just imagine how much the corporate farms are raking in. They have teams of accountants making sure they get every last buck. Think they are passing on the savings to mom and pop?

woodman
16th October 2013, 04:15 PM
Not where I'm from.

How do you feel about it? Do you think it is right?

Jewboo
16th October 2013, 04:22 PM
They probably own farmland that is rented out somewhere.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/51487467.html

;D

palani
16th October 2013, 04:23 PM
Advise you to do a search for your secretary of states web site. Then get into the sec of states UCC database. Then punch in the name of the guy you are interested in and his town. Then browse through the paper that has been filed on him. A lot of these big operators are papered to sundown. One I looked at had 56 separate UCC filings from banks and other lenders.

These are the entities that are getting the USDA payment. Farmer hardly gets to keep any.

osoab
16th October 2013, 04:43 PM
How do you feel about it? Do you think it is right?

What getting fleeced by .gov or playing the system for all it's worth?

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

I'm not saying that some don't deserve it, but what does it do for me to say they don't deserve it? At this point it seems wiser to play the game for all one can milk it.

osoab
16th October 2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/51487467.html

;D

Those two mesicans weren't renting. They were just the hired hands.

woodman
16th October 2013, 04:46 PM
What getting fleeced by .gov or playing the system for all it's worth?

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

I'm not saying that some don't deserve it, but what does it do for me to say they don't deserve it? At this point it seems wiser to play the game for all one can milk it.

So then it is ok for all the welfare idiots to take everything they can. Live off the labor of those who work for a living. Stealing is stealing no matter what you call it. It is all the worse when it is done by those who are land owners.

osoab
16th October 2013, 04:55 PM
So then it is ok for all the welfare idiots to take everything they can. Live off the labor of those who work for a living. Stealing is stealing no matter what you call it. It is all the worse when it is done by those who are land owners.

At least landowners made a commitment. Where I'm from, they will still pay property taxes on the ground and pay taxes on the income from the farm.

As far as the FSA, well, anymore I consider it a bribe. They don't go apeshit. They get some freebies.

We all know it will crash and burn, but we don't have a clue as to the timing. Let's use this time left to appease the miscreants and buy ourselves time before the inevitable.

Overall, there are just too many other areas to get your ass chapped. The bankers are swindling trillions, and your pissed off at landowners playing the game?

woodman
16th October 2013, 05:44 PM
At least landowners made a commitment. Where I'm from, they will still pay property taxes on the ground and pay taxes on the income from the farm.

As far as the FSA, well, anymore I consider it a bribe. They don't go apeshit. They get some freebies.

We all know it will crash and burn, but we don't have a clue as to the timing. Let's use this time left to appease the miscreants and buy ourselves time before the inevitable.

Overall, there are just too many other areas to get your ass chapped. The bankers are swindling trillions, and your pissed off at landowners playing the game?

I actually see the logic. I still don't agree with it, but maybe by taking all you can, you will actually hasten the decline of this sick system. Or hasten the decline of what was once a fine experiment in the actuality of people reaping what they sow.

Jewboo
16th October 2013, 05:51 PM
I still don't agree with it, but maybe by taking all you can, you will actually hasten the decline of this sick system.

It's logical.

zap
16th October 2013, 10:04 PM
I typed in mine and low and behold.... all the names of large rich oilfield owning/ landowners came up, most of them could buy and sell me x 100, nice .....I am glad they have the government to help them out, poor bastards.

horseshoe3
18th October 2013, 08:12 AM
The thing to take away from this is the fact that the bigger the outfit the more they are taking. Just imagine how much the corporate farms are raking in. They have teams of accountants making sure they get every last buck. Think they are passing on the savings to mom and pop?

Besides my basic philosophical opposition to redistribution in any form, this is another reason I don't like farm subsidies. I have several close neighbors who are getting enough money from the government alone to buy out my landlords and put me out of business. In effect, the government is funding a hostile takeover of my business. And they claim that subsidies help the small family farmers.

horseshoe3
18th October 2013, 08:17 AM

In my state, farm land is assesed at 30% of appraised value. Houses are assesed at 11.5% of appraised value and then get the first 12,000 exempted. Thus, homeowners pay almost no property tax. All the school funding comes from farmers and businesses. But, if you have a big enough business, you probably have an abatement. So all the school funding comes from farmers and small businesses.

palani
18th October 2013, 11:57 AM
Besides my basic philosophical opposition to redistribution in any form, this is another reason I don't like farm subsidies.

Government sets the price of all grain commodities coming from the farm. The farm programs represent the only profit they allow you to take on these commodities. 'Course farmers can still raise livestock and pass the grain through the animals. Probably a better deal all around if you do have livestock but then you wouldn't be able to own a township and farm several more.

woodman
18th October 2013, 04:17 PM
In my state, farm land is assesed at 30% of appraised value. Houses are assesed at 11.5% of appraised value and then get the first 12,000 exempted. Thus, homeowners pay almost no property tax. All the school funding comes from farmers and businesses. But, if you have a big enough business, you probably have an abatement. So all the school funding comes from farmers and small businesses.

I am in Michigan. What state are you in Horseshoe? Sounds like the property taxes are low. How much do you pay per thousand of taxable value? In Michigan, unless there are extra millage issues, city taxes etc, it is usually around $48 before any exemptions.

horseshoe3
18th October 2013, 09:29 PM
I am in Michigan. What state are you in Horseshoe? Sounds like the property taxes are low. How much do you pay per thousand of taxable value? In Michigan, unless there are extra millage issues, city taxes etc, it is usually around $48 before any exemptions.

I'm in Kansas. The mill levy for me is about 160. So on my agricultural land, I pay about $48/thousand like you. On the house it is quite a bit lower. More voters own a house than own farmland.

Tumbleweed
26th October 2013, 06:02 AM
I was at a large gathering of ranchers who lost cattle, horses and sheep in the recent early winter storm. No one was asking for a handout. There were politicians, ag lenders, consultants, priests and ministers there for people to talk to. My thoughts are and I know this from experience is that if you have enough collateral and want to keep on ranching the banks will loan you the money to do it but you're on your own. I've had some rather large losses myself since 2006 and no one has bailed me out for those.

I see that the people in my area who have had the largest payments by far are those who farm and raise grain. The cattle ranchers have recieved the least and those payments were made in years of severe drought. Last year there were ranchers who had bought insurance on their hay and grass production that had money to buy hay with in the fall. I hadn't bought any insurance so I was on my own. I had prepared though for a drought by buying hay when we had good years and conserving it. Last spring I did buy some insurance on my grass and hay production but we had a good summer and I didn't need it.

Those payments that the small ranchers recieved passed through their hands and in to the hands of those living in the small towns and communities in agricultural communities. A lot of money goes to the corporations supplying seed like monsanto and the corporations making the vaccine and anti-biotics used in the livestock industry. It also passes in to the hands of manufacturers of machinery and tools and the oil industry. The banks are loaning money to them and living on the interest. The county governments and schools are living on the taxes paid on the land and my taxes increased 40% this year and are expected to increase more in the next few years. In years past I had recieved some of those payments during droughts but I've paid one hell of a lot more in federal income taxes than I got back. The cattle ranchers I know feel fortunate if they are breaking even. The farmers raising grain seem to have a lot more money and it shows on the "ewg" site.

Most of the ranchers I know will keep on borrowing money and raising cattle, tending them and providing the beef we all like to eat until they are forced to quit.