PDA

View Full Version : First hand experience with TSA laziness

AndreaGail
17th October 2013, 08:58 PM
Flew back from Houston tonight and after going through the security and opt out motions and finally arrive at my gate

To my surprise, I hear over the intercom that our flight was having a surprise TSA screening and all passengers would be required to show the TSA negresses their ID before we could board the plane along with our ticket. Never heard of this before and see no reason for it after the first level of screening

Just for fun I decided to see how far I could get without showing my ID

To my amazement, after getting my ticket scanned I walk straight past them without making eye contact or even making an attempt to get my ID out and they don't say a word to me, they just go about their chit chatting and checking other peoples ID's that decided to go along with their game

Found that hilarious

Cebu_4_2
17th October 2013, 09:08 PM
I came back from an international flight and was supposed to let them ransack through my stuff. I walked calmly and directly to the door that said parking lot and left. Once on the other side I was not quite as calm and went very quickly outside to the parking area. I think the no eye contact has a lot to do with it.

First time they did go through my stuff, thoroughly. They just piled everything up and after looking through every one of my 250+ pictures said "you can go". What a mess. Took almost 30 minutes to stuff it all back together.

milehi
17th October 2013, 09:26 PM
In Denver I resisted every checkpoint a nd walked with a tsa badge sticker

Hitch
17th October 2013, 10:05 PM
Jeez, the TSA sounds about as incompetent and lazy as the longshoreman. They must have a strong union.

BrewTech
17th October 2013, 10:23 PM
Jeez, the TSA sounds about as incompetent and lazy as the longshoreman. They must have a strong union.

Hell yes it's a strong union...

I believe they call themselves "the State of Israel".

Their lobbying efforts are unmatched.

gunDriller
18th October 2013, 09:14 AM
some jobs, you want people to be lazy.

JohnQPublic
18th October 2013, 06:11 PM
I flew out of Houston Wednesday. They had two sets of lines- one set went through scanners the other not. I told the TSA guy- "I am going to opt out of the scanner...", he said "...well that line has a metal detector", so that is where I went. I think TSA is backing off. That is what TSA pre is all about.

madfranks
22nd October 2013, 08:34 AM
In Denver I resisted every checkpoint a nd walked with a tsa badge sticker

Can you elaborate? You had a TSA sticker and walked through all the checkpoints??

chad
22nd October 2013, 09:12 AM
I flew out of Houston Wednesday. They had two sets of lines- one set went through scanners the other not. I told the TSA guy- "I am going to opt out of the scanner...", he said "...well that line has a metal detector", so that is where I went. I think TSA is backing off. That is what TSA pre is all about.

same with me when i flew out of florida this spring. i was prepared to put up a huge bitch fest, but they let me opt right out of the scanner.

General of Darkness
22nd October 2013, 09:19 AM
Well a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

http://r3.cygnuspub.com/files/cygnus/image/SIW/2013/JUL/540x360/tsa-sleeping-on-the-job_11075896.jpg

madfranks
22nd October 2013, 10:11 AM
same with me when i flew out of florida this spring. i was prepared to put up a huge bitch fest, but they let me opt right out of the scanner.

I've never had to go through the scanner. Now, I don't fly much, but when I do the TSA doesn't give a rip if you go through or not, but I always get a kick out of all the other people who stare at me as I walk right past it, like "how did he do that?"