PDA

View Full Version : Money Does grow on Trees after all - Gold money that is

Glass
23rd October 2013, 12:04 AM
Good news everybody! they have discovered that Trees, which suck up water from below ground are also pulling up gold with the water.

Scientists in Australia have found that Australian native trees like blackbutt and eucalypts are taking up the gold via their roots and depositing the gold in their leaves. They think this might be a good indicator that there could be gold concentrations in the ground below these trees.

Gold grows on Kalgoorlie trees
They say money doesn’t grow on trees but it seems gold does after researchers discovered tiny specks of gold in gum tree leaves in Kalgoorlie.A study by CSIRO scientists, published today in the journal Nature Communications, found eucalyptus trees in the region were drawing up gold particles from metres below the ground.

The results showed gold was being taken up by the roots of the trees before being deposited in leaves and branches.

Lead author and geochemist Mel Linter said the “golden leaves” could help uncover big gold deposits buried deep underground.
“Some of these trees are quite deep-rooted and provide us with a window into what is happening down under,” he said.
“If the results are high in the leaves, then clearly that gold has got to come from somewhere, so it is very likely you’re going to find a source beneath the trees.”
It is believed leaf sampling could be used as a more cost-effective and environmentally friendly mineral exploration technique than traditional drilling.

t is believed leaf sampling could be used as a more cost-effective and environmentally friendly mineral exploration technique than traditional drilling.The technique can also be used to find other metals such as zinc and copper.

Dr Lintern said exploration companies that sponsored the research and had early access to the results, were already sampling leaves for gold.

“They are very cagey of their success or otherwise but we definitely know there are companies that are out sampling leaves,” he said.

“What we are dealing with in exploration now is trying to find the more difficult mineral deposits, so new techniques have to be developed.”

Several videos at the link
Article @ the West Australian (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/19508799/gold-grows-on-kalgoorlie-trees/)

mick silver
23rd October 2013, 03:16 AM
i just planted one of those trees this fall . i hope by spring i am pulling gold out of the ground

Glass
23rd October 2013, 07:16 AM
i just planted one of those trees this fall . i hope by spring i am pulling gold out of the ground

Sit back and relax. You're on easy street already. Just catch the leaves when they fall.

Ponce
23rd October 2013, 07:33 AM
Some idiots are now going to start knocking down trees just to look at the roots.....like killing rhinos for their horns.

V

gunDriller
23rd October 2013, 09:44 AM
Good news everybody! they have discovered that Trees, which suck up water from below ground are also pulling up gold with the water.

Scientists in Australia have found that Australian native trees like blackbutt and eucalypts are taking up the gold via their roots and depositing the gold in their leaves. They think this might be a good indicator that there could be gold concentrations in the ground below these trees.

what is the Parts-per-Million of Gold in the tree ?

would burning dry trees & leaves help to increase the concentration ...