PDA

View Full Version : California Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old Carrying a TOY GUN

Ares
23rd October 2013, 11:22 AM
Calif. Sheriff's deputies shoot, kill 13-year-old
SANTA ROSA, Calif.
Northern California sheriff's deputies shot and killed a 13-year-old boy who was carrying a replica assault rifle after repeatedly telling him to drop it, sheriff's officials and family members said.

Two Sonoma County deputies on patrol saw the boy walking with what appeared to be a rifle around 3 p.m. Tuesday in Santa Rosa, Sheriff's Lt. Dennis O'Leary said. The replica gun resembled an AK-47 with a black magazine cartridge and brown butt, according to a photograph released by the sheriff's office.

Rodrigo Lopez identified the victim as his son, Andy, to a newspaper and said the boy was carrying a toy gun that belonged to a friend. Deputies would only learn after the shooting that it was a replica, according to O'Leary.

After spotting the boy, the deputies called for backup and repeatedly ordered him to drop the weapon, O'Leary said in a news release. They fired several rounds from their handguns immediately afterward, according to O'Leary.

A neighbor in the area, Brian Zastrow, told the Santa Rosa Press Democrat (http://bit.ly/1eJymxx) he heard seven shots.

"First I heard a single siren and within seconds I heard seven shots go off, sounded like a nail gun, is what I thought it was," he said.

The boy fell to the ground on top of the rifle, according to O'Leary. O'Leary said the deputies ordered him to move away from the weapon before approaching him and putting him in handcuffs.

They began administering first aid and called for paramedics, who pronounced him dead at the scene. Deputies also found a plastic handgun in the boy's waistband, O'Leary said. The deputies, who have not been identified, have been placed on administrative leave, O'Leary said.

Rodrigo Lopez told the Press Democrat he last saw his son on Tuesday morning.

"I told him what I tell him every day," he said in Spanish. "Behave yourself."

The family was back at their mobile home on Tuesday night after identifying the boy's body, the Press Democrat reported.

The newspaper quoted the boy's mother, Sujey Annel Cruz Cazarez, as saying, ""Why did they kill him? Why?"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/23/Calif-Sheriffs-deputies-shoot--kill-13-year-old

EE_
23rd October 2013, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0L2LTL3vyE

mamboni
23rd October 2013, 11:49 AM
Fucking idiots with guns.

ximmy
23rd October 2013, 12:51 PM
cowards target women & children first...

Ares
23rd October 2013, 01:01 PM
What I find ironic, sad, sickening.. Is that the press didn't release the names of the "officers" that shot this poor kid. Yet if they were killed "in the line of duty" the suspects name, height, weight, what he ate for breakfast, if his relatives responded to media request would be all over the T.V., Radio, and internet running 24/7/365 sounds bites until the "perps" were caught... :rolleyes:

chad
23rd October 2013, 01:03 PM
as long as all of the officers went home safe

/sarc

Hitch
23rd October 2013, 01:20 PM
What I find ironic, sad, sickening.. Is that the press didn't release the names of the "officers" that shot this poor kid. Yet if they were killed "in the line of duty" the suspects name, height, weight, what he ate for breakfast, if his relatives responded to media request would be all over the T.V., Radio, and internet running 24/7/365 sounds bites until the "perps" were caught... :rolleyes:

That is an interesting point. Also, interesting is that a 13 year old kid shot up a school just the other day. If this kid had a real gun and was on his way to a school, these cops names would be announced and they would be labeled heros.

What a bad combination we have in our society today, anti gun and trigger happy cops. Pretty soon toy guns will be banned. Blame the toy gun, not LE which is become more and more out of control by the day.

Ponce
23rd October 2013, 01:32 PM
I never finish reading any of this stories because it makes me so angry..... I now know that it is either them or me, at the end I know that it will be me...but first I, I hope, that ther is is a few of them.

V

Horn
23rd October 2013, 02:10 PM
How offensive.

These cops need to be taught like we are, that the gun is only a defensive weapon.

iOWNme
23rd October 2013, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iKpEdJGN8Q

Uncle Salty
23rd October 2013, 05:22 PM
What a bad combination we have in our society today, anti gun and trigger happy cops. Pretty soon toy guns will be banned. Blame the toy gun, not LE which is become more and more out of control by the day.

I understand young teenagers are killing with guns, but cops are a bit trigger happy nowadays. It is like they have a shoo first, ask questions later philosophy.

Was the kid actually pointing the fake gun at the cops? If not, bad shoot.

Hitch
23rd October 2013, 05:38 PM
I understand young teenagers are killing with guns, but cops are a bit trigger happy nowadays. It is like they have a shoo first, ask questions later philosophy.

Was the kid actually pointing the fake gun at the cops? If not, bad shoot.

Personally, I would take the chance, as long as no innocent people are around. I would rather be wrong, and die, than find out I shot a kid with a toy gun. But that's me.

osoab
23rd October 2013, 05:55 PM

What publik servant doesn't like a paid vacation?

Ares
24th October 2013, 04:02 PM
Update:

TO: News Media

SUBJECT: Officer Involved Shooting Investigation

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013, at approximately 3:14 p.m., two deputies from the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office were involved in a fatal incident in which the deputies encountered what appeared to be an armed male in the area of Moorland Avenue and West Robles Avenue in Santa Rosa, California. The male was subsequently shot by one of the deputies and succumbed to his wounds at the scene. Pursuant to the Sonoma County Law Enforcement Chiefs’ Association Employee Involved Fatal Incident Protocol, the Santa Rosa Police Department has assumed the primary investigative responsibilities into this event. The Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office and Petaluma Police Department are assisting in the investigation.

The investigation is on-going. After interviewing the involved deputies, the witnesses identified to this point, and examining the crime scene, the following information can be released.

The deputies were riding together in the same patrol car. They were driving a marked Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office patrol vehicle and they were dressed in their standard patrol uniforms. While driving in the area of Moorland Avenue and West Robles Avenue they observed a subject walking northbound on the west side of Moorland Avenue just north of the intersection with West Robles Avenue. The subject was wearing a blue “hoodie” style sweatshirt and shorts.

One of the deputies immediately recognized that the subject was carrying what appeared to be an assault style rifle, similar to an AK-47 assault rifle. The weapon was in the subject’s left hand and his hand was at his left side. The deputies immediately called for emergency assistance from other deputies in the area and they broadcast their location. The deputies continued northbound through the intersection and pulled into the southbound lane and stopped their vehicle. One of the witnesses described that he saw the patrol car’s overhead rotating lights come on and he heard a “chirp” of the vehicle’s siren.

Both deputies exited their vehicle, but maintained cover behind their open passenger door. One of the deputies shouted at the subject to, “put the gun down.” A witness in the area reported that he heard the deputy shout two times to “put the gun down.” Initially, the subject’s back was toward the deputies. When the deputy shouted at the subject, the subject began to turn toward the deputies. One of the deputies described that as the subject was turning toward him the barrel of the assault rifle was rising up and turning in his direction.

The deputy feared for his safety, the safety of his partner, and the safety of the community members in the area. He believed the subject was going to shoot at him or his partner. The deputy described that he is aware an assault weapon of this type is capable of firing a bullet that can penetrate his body armor, the metal exterior of his car, and the walls of the residential houses behind him. The deputy then fired several rounds from his service weapon at the subject, striking him at least one time. The subject immediately fell to the ground.

The deputies approached the subject, handcuffed him, and immediately began life-saving measures. They called for an emergency medical response and both Fire and EMS were on scene within minutes.

Andy Lopez Cruz, age 13, died at the scene. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday, October 24, 2013.

Recovered at the scene were a replica AK-47 assault style rifle, and a replica of a handgun. The rifle was located on the ground next to the subject. The handgun was located concealed in the waistband of the subject. The rifle had a brown stock and fore grip, and a dark colored plastic body. It did not have the traditionally orange tip of a replica firearm. The handgun was clear plastic and did have an orange tip at the end of the barrel.

The Santa Rosa Police Department, in conjunction with the Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office and Petaluma Police Department continue to investigate this incident. Anyone with information about this incident is requested to contact the Santa Rosa Police Department at (707) 543-3590.

Any further press inquiries may be directed to Lieutenant Paul Henry at (707) 543-3668.

Address/Location
Santa Rosa Police Department
965 Sonoma Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95404

Contact
Emergency: 9-1-1
Non-emergencies: 707-543-3600

Uncle Salty
24th October 2013, 05:39 PM
Initially, the subject’s back was toward the deputies. When the deputy shouted at the subject, the subject began to turn toward the deputies. One of the deputies described that as the subject was turning toward him the barrel of the assault rifle was rising up and turning in his direction.

The deputy feared for his safety, the safety of his partner, and the safety of the community members in the area. He believed the subject was going to shoot at him or his partner. The deputy described that he is aware an assault weapon of this type is capable of firing a bullet that can penetrate his body armor, the metal exterior of his car, and the walls of the residential houses behind him. The deputy then fired several rounds from his service weapon at the subject, striking him at least one time. The subject immediately fell to the ground.

LOL. Bunch of cop talk to make it look like a good shoot.

Fucking bullshit.

Hitch
24th October 2013, 06:18 PM
LOL. Bunch of cop talk to make it look like a good shoot.

Fucking bullshit.

There's two big problems here. First, society has sank to a level where kids with toy guns are assumed to be a life threat. Hence, the false flag school shooting by a 13, programming.

Second, cops who would rather pull the trigger to be safe, rather than take a chance, the right chance, a risk you take when you sign up for that job, imo, and maybe this 13 year old kid would be still alive.

BrewTech
24th October 2013, 10:35 PM
Update:

TO: News Media

SUBJECT: Officer Involved Shooting Investigation

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013, at approximately 3:14 p.m., two deputies from the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office were involved in a fatal incident in which the deputies encountered what appeared to be an armed male in the area of Moorland Avenue and West Robles Avenue in Santa Rosa, California. The male was subsequently shot by one of the deputies and succumbed to his wounds at the scene. Pursuant to the Sonoma County Law Enforcement Chiefs’ Association Employee Involved Fatal Incident Protocol, the Santa Rosa Police Department has assumed the primary investigative responsibilities into this event. The Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office and Petaluma Police Department are assisting in the investigation.

The investigation is on-going. After interviewing the involved deputies, the witnesses identified to this point, and examining the crime scene, the following information can be released.

The deputies were riding together in the same patrol car. They were driving a marked Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office patrol vehicle and they were dressed in their standard patrol uniforms. While driving in the area of Moorland Avenue and West Robles Avenue they observed a subject walking northbound on the west side of Moorland Avenue just north of the intersection with West Robles Avenue. The subject was wearing a blue “hoodie” style sweatshirt and shorts.

One of the deputies immediately recognized that the subject was carrying what appeared to be an assault style rifle, similar to an AK-47 assault rifle. The weapon was in the subject’s left hand and his hand was at his left side. The deputies immediately called for emergency assistance from other deputies in the area and they broadcast their location. The deputies continued northbound through the intersection and pulled into the southbound lane and stopped their vehicle. One of the witnesses described that he saw the patrol car’s overhead rotating lights come on and he heard a “chirp” of the vehicle’s siren.

Both deputies exited their vehicle, but maintained cover behind their open passenger door. One of the deputies shouted at the subject to, “put the gun down.” A witness in the area reported that he heard the deputy shout two times to “put the gun down.” Initially, the subject’s back was toward the deputies. When the deputy shouted at the subject, the subject began to turn toward the deputies. One of the deputies described that as the subject was turning toward him the barrel of the assault rifle was rising up and turning in his direction.

The deputies approached the subject, handcuffed him, and immediately began life-saving measures. They called for an emergency medical response and both Fire and EMS were on scene within minutes.

Andy Lopez Cruz, age 13, died at the scene. An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday, October 24, 2013.

Recovered at the scene were a replica AK-47 assault style rifle, and a replica of a handgun. The rifle was located on the ground next to the subject. The handgun was located concealed in the waistband of the subject. The rifle had a brown stock and fore grip, and a dark colored plastic body. It did not have the traditionally orange tip of a replica firearm. The handgun was clear plastic and did have an orange tip at the end of the barrel.

The Santa Rosa Police Department, in conjunction with the Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office and Petaluma Police Department continue to investigate this incident. Anyone with information about this incident is requested to contact the Santa Rosa Police Department at (707) 543-3590.

Any further press inquiries may be directed to Lieutenant Paul Henry at (707) 543-3668.

Address/Location
Santa Rosa Police Department
965 Sonoma Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95404

Contact
Emergency: 9-1-1
Non-emergencies: 707-543-3600

The only words that most people pay attention to are highlighted. This is how propaganda works. There are more, but this is a good start.

mick silver
25th October 2013, 02:55 AM
dam , when i was a kid we play games with toy guns , now the fucking army would be called out to take care of us playing with our toy guns

woodman
25th October 2013, 03:20 AM
dam , when i was a kid we play games with toy guns , now the fucking army would be called out to take care of us playing with our toy guns

We were always playing 'war'. The whole neighborhood of us would often be running around in groups or singly with our toy rifles and pistols.. No one ever called the cops.

BrewTech
25th October 2013, 06:59 AM
We were always playing 'war'. The whole neighborhood of us would often be running around in groups or singly with our toy rifles and pistols.. No one ever called the cops.

Remember cap guns? We used to bring them to school! As long as we weren't playing with them in class, no one cared!

7th trump
25th October 2013, 07:40 AM
Ok, lazy parenting......what did they expect would happen when a mexican kid is out playing with his toy guns.

Myself being a parent I wouldnt let my son play with is toy guns if my race was known as "kill whitey" gangsters, drug pushers and thugs....especially in California.
For starters if they want this to stop then the mexicans as a race needs to look upon themselves and do something about their dirty laundry.....maybe deal with their own kind to clean up the profile the bad ones are making for mexicans.

ximmy
29th October 2013, 08:25 PM
http://rt.com/usa/thousands-protest-shooting-victim-funeral-931/

Over 1,000 people showed up to protest the death of Andy Lopez hours before the funeral for the 13-year-old boy was scheduled to take place. California police fatally shot Lopez last week when they saw him carrying what turned out to be a toy rifle....

Lopez was walking through Santa Rosa on the way to a friend’s house carrying what his father described as a “toy” Airsoft gun, often used by teenagers to shoot small plastic BBs. Two sheriff’s deputies encountered the boy and claimed they ordered him to drop the weapon. When he did not, they said, one of the two officers fired eight rounds - hitting Lopez seven times and twice fatally.
The entire incident reportedly unfolded in no more than 10 seconds.

Lee Schuler 30.10.2013 03:00 I didn't see it mentioned but that jackboot who murdered the 13 year old boy put a total of 7 rounds into his little body in less that 10 seconds. The boy fell and stopped moving after the first 2 shots, then the cop put 5 more rounds in him, walked up and kicked him, handcuffed him and then decided maybe he should call an ambulance. There are many of us who are just sick about this youngster being gunned down by a cop who happened to be in a bad mood that fateful day.

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/3348036721/be262122d283ec2c618b8114cdd8abc7_normal.jpeg

Lee Schuler 30.10.2013 02:56 They are killing whites too but usually unarmed women and elderly men like the 95 year old war hero who didn't want to have surgery and the unarmed Sunday school teacher in the church parking lot. Although there are still a lot of good cops there are many who are making it tough for all of them. Trigger happy, blood thirsty, jackbooted, sadistic creeps who are looking to kill anything that won't fight back from family pets to the elderly or children. Unfortunately we don't see them in the street looking for criminals who might be armed and might shoot back. They kill more innocents than the criminals do now.

Hatha Sunahara
30th October 2013, 09:44 AM
The Deputy is Erick Gelhaus, a 24 year veteran of SonomaCcounty Sheriff's Office--and a gun instructor. He has apparently received a few death threats.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/28/death-threats-target-calif-deputy-who-fatally-shot-13-year-old-carrying-pellet/

The world would change ever so slightly if the citizens sought their own justice against these killer cops. I bet this cop is fearing for his safety every time he gets up out of his chair or to eat a donut.

Hatha